The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

I'll stop asking questions one day.

My university is hosting a strongman event in about seven months. My orginal inetntions where to add on as much muscle mass as possible between now and then in attempts to prepare for the event, but I honestly don't know if thats the right direction to head in or not. Any advice on workouts, nutrition, article references, etc would be much appreciated. I haven't really trained in about three months, and before that I had only been working out consistenly for about three months, so if yall think it would be hard to even put up a fight, I have no problems with waiting till it comes around the year after. The events are Atlas stones, Fingles fingers, truck pull, whatever the keg toating thing is lol, and a standard barbell deadlifting. I'm 6'1 255lbs(i would guess high 30% low 40% in bodyfat) if that would help anyone diagnose anything. Thanks.
    "Our deepst fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You're playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from out own fear, our prescence automatically liberates others." - Marianne WIlliamson

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Work the events weekly. Mass doesn't always equal strength. For most it just equals more fat. Eat big but eat smart. Stay in shape. Buy a sled or prowler and work it 3 days per week. Hit the core lifts and be strong with chins and dips. Do tons of abs and prehab mobility work. Do these things and you do well.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    I agree with Scott on this..... but if it's just 2 weight classes ( light and heavy) or one I'd just go for it and gain whatever you can until it starts to effect your deadlift.

Work the prowler for that cardio... and practice the heck out of the events. There's a lot of technique to all of them ( not that I'm any good at them, but I've used all of those toys before)

As for trying the contest...... who cares how you do? If it's your first go-around just go out and gain some experience. If anything it'll help you next year when you are ready to give it a serious try.
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!