The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Racism?

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Jane
    I don't think it's religion OR politics that can make a young girl blow herself up...more than that, it is poor living conditions and a lack of hope.
    How can poor living conditions and a lack of hope motivate people to kill innocent women and children? If that where the case people all over the world would be blowing themselves up.
    Hate is the only motivating factor behind the homicide bombings.

Poverty breeds hatred.

It's been proven time and time again...
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Simplistic
    Poverty breeds hatred.

It's been proven time and time again...
    Is that an excuse for me to hate a certain race that has treated me like sh*t for most of my life.

As long as that is an acceptable excuse to hate then people will always hate.
    Poverty breeds ignorance, ignorance breeds hate. Hatred towards an entire race is wrong.
    Last edited by Neil; 06-03-2002 at 12:43 PM.

who denies that?

Simplistic
    Do you think Arafat doesn't hate all Jews?

the manipulation of a sick society will cause you to blow yourself up. and from what i see the arab world is a sick unmoral world. obviously its not totally sick, and its not totally unmoral, but what kind of person would kill themselves to kill a few old women shopping and some kids? wtf is up with that? how pointless of a death. if allah exists im sure hes laughing his arse off at the dumbassedness (lmao at that word) of these people

im sure he does.
    works both ways too.

You're all racist as hell. I know what you're thinking....Kill Whitey....ya bastards

Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Reinier
    im sure he does.
    works both ways too.
    Are you implying that all Jews hate Yasser Arafat? That is probably true. But do all Jews hate all Arabs? Not likely. Do all Arabs hate all Jews? Again, not likely.
    Why are you sypmathizing with a man who by your own admission hates all jews? How is he any different from Hitler?
    It seems to me you are a part of the problem.
    Anyone who wants peace should be calling for the resignation of Yasser Arafat. It will never happen on his clock.
    How is he going to live side by side with people he hates?
    Last edited by Neil; 06-03-2002 at 01:24 PM.

how is our great friend mr sharon **** peas better?

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Reinier
    how is our great friend mr sharon **** peas better?
    I will be more than happy to answer your question as soon as you answer mine.

Originally posted by Neil

Is that an excuse for me to hate a certain race that has treated me like sh*t for most of my life.
    I'd like you to quote me and show where I was trying to excuse anything.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

racism = bad
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Palestine is an extremely poor country, who have to get its weapon money from other arabic nations, Israel is a powerfull nation of wealthy people, many rich american jews are living there,

its the same story that has been over and over and over again, a poor nation who is struggling for freedom, and we call them terrorists, what ******* bullshit.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

who says anyone is going to live side by side with anyone?

Dead Sexy Member
    Rock, how many times do I have to tell you there is no Palestine, and there never was a Palestinian state, NEVER.

In any event, the Palestinianpeople are poor in large large part because they have a corrupt government. Israel is a democratic government, there is a free market economy.

Neil, I agree with you for the most part.

Reinier, personally I'm not crazy about Sharon, but Israel has had many democratically elected leaders before him, many of whom offered land for peace. Guess what?? Arafat spit in their faces.

Dead Sexy Member
    Jane, yes, poverty is a problem, but not an excuse. While you ddint' specifically say it was an excuse for hatred you seemed to justify Arabs blowing innocent women, children and men up by stating that they live in poverty.

Dead Sexy Member
    Rock, you don't liste to other people do you??

It's like talking to a wall.

Dead Sexy Member
    except the wall is less dense.

Originally posted by Allen
    Jane, yes, poverty is a problem, but not an excuse. While you ddint' specifically say it was an excuse for hatred you seemed to justify Arabs blowing innocent women, children and men up by stating that they live in poverty.
    So let me get this straight.

By noting the poverty of Arabs, I justified murdering people.

If you're going to make ridiculous leaps of logic, I reiterate--quote my original statement beforehand.

Dead Sexy Member
    I'm not the only one who sensed that implication Jane.

I wonder why that is?

Dead Sexy Member
    In fact, I don't think it's religion OR politics that can make a young girl blow herself up...more than that, it is poor living conditions and a lack of hope. Anyway, the regular people (how many are there of them?) are the true victims.

It sounds to me like you're justifying her actions based on the fact that she's poor, which btw is not the case with many recent suicide bombers, they happen to come from affluent households as did many of the hijackers on Sept 11th..

I, however, obviously misinterpreted what you meant, but it is evidently not clear because I wasn't the only one.

BTW her poverty has much to do with the corrupt leadership she's living under.
    Last edited by Allen; 06-03-2002 at 03:37 PM.

I'm not the only one who sensed that implication Jane.

I wonder why that is?
    Just because you AND Neil decided to draw a statement of opinion or some sort of implication from the "thought" I "threw out," doesn't make it right to do so.

It sounds to me like you're justifying her actions based on the fact that she's poor
    You interpreted how you wanted to interpret it. Bias comes into play in your case, but not in mine. I wasn't presenting any kind of opinion or choosing a side--if you re-read my posts, you will see that I was clarifying (by your request) a simple brainstorm about considering the quality of life in the israel/palestinian areas. I can see now that following your request for clarification just drew me into the fight you were eager for.

which btw is not the case with many recent suicide bombers, they happen to come from affluent households as did many of the hijackers on Sept 11th..

BTW her poverty has much to do with the corrupt leadership she's living under.
    Both of these things I already knew, thanks.

At the risk of repeating myself, I will repeat myself.
    (lol@Paul Stagg)

Sure Allen, I wasn't really making a point, just bringing up a thought.
    What concerns me is how the majority of regular every-day lives on both sides are affected by the violence. How much of the back-and-forth retaliation is initiated by citizens, how much by government, and how much by radical groups? My hope is that people are generally good at heart, and the majority of regular people on both sides just want some peace and a raised quality of living. In fact, I don't think it's religion OR politics that can make a young girl blow herself up...more than that, it is poor living conditions and a lack of hope. Anyway, the regular people (how many are there of them?) are the true victims.