The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism?

The Truth
    Racism still exists... Duh, and it always will. Classism still exists, and it always will....

I like the white kids now that don't think they're racist and they say **** like

'I wish I was black... I do drugs, love rap music (POP), and I dont have money (Although all these fuckers are rich or at least upper middle class).. I just need black skin'

I've seriously seen peeps say stuff like that.

Ignorant little fuckers, and they piss me off.

Why would a white comedian get shot because he made fun of black people? That black comedian obviously has gang affilations? No. And white comedy writers on SNL make fun of black people all the time...

FREAKZILLA
    Cracker Ass Cracker
    Thier's no one finer the Scott Stiener- Scott Stiener

Big Poppa Pump is your hook-up holla if ya hear me- Scott Stiener

Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta.....

Soca King
    Originally posted by TheScorpionKing

how come its alright for colored people to call each other n*****s but when white folks do it its racism?
    That is one of the mysteries of society.Personally I wouldn't care if the person was black or white I wouldn't accept being called that. In fact when black people call each other that it's a slap in the face to people like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr and other black activists who spent a good part of their lives fighting to make sure that word and other racist words are never used again.My 2 cents

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    She fancied my mate but didn't act on it because he wasn't white/
    I mean - WHAT THE FUKK DOES IS THAT - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES RACE MAKE THERE????

That's racism.
    How come black girls wont go out with me? Is it because I'm too short? I CANT BE because I'm white. I've asked a few,when I got to San Francisco and lived in the dorms I knew a lot of black girls(actually, the first black girls I'd really ever hung out with) and I liked them. But as hard as I tried none of them liked me at all. It must have been my personality.

People have their own preferences for what they want in a (as you pinkos call) 'partner'.

My good friend came to a party last night, he happens to be a few shades darker than I. We proceed to swap racial slurs and dirty, underhanded racist remarks for the next two hours, and by the end of the night we were both fat, sassy, and splitting at our sides.

One of my very best friends is HALF japanese, and he uses it. When something American is good, he says 'we'. When something American is bad, he says 'they'. He wants it both ways, and uses his race to get it. He thinks it makes him better than us because he's Japanese, even though he's lived here his whole life, like his race separates him from a loathesome culture.
    Thats racism.

TV ads telling you not to be racist are racist because they are geared towards white males, and dont you for a second think otherwise. When one of those ads comes on the radio and I hear Vivica A Fox, who's been oppressed for so long, who's been held down every step of the way on her path to fame and fortune, telling me not to be racist, WTF am I supposed to think?
    Thanks Vivica! I'll put this flaming cross down now, thanks to your enlightened words and leadership in my community!
    **** you Vivica A Fox. Dont you assume that I'm a racist, and I need to be told what to think. Who the **** ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO THINK?!

I like lolli-pops.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Hey, watch an episode of Comic View on BET or the movie "The Original Kings of Comedy"

The comedians make just as much fun of themselves as they do white folk, and I find the whole thing funny as hell.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Dead Sexy Member
    Budiak said:

" TV ads telling you not to be racist are racist because they are geared towards white males, and dont you for a second think otherwise. When one of those ads comes on the radio and I hear Vivica A Fox, who's been oppressed for so long, who's been held down every step of the way on her path to fame and fortune, telling me not to be racist, WTF am I supposed to think?
    Thanks Vivica! I'll put this flaming cross down now, thanks to your enlightened words and leadership in my community!
    **** you Vivica A Fox. Dont you assume that I'm a racist, and I need to be told what to think. Who the **** ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO THINK?!"

What in the hell are you talking about?!?!

TV ads are racist?? Hmmmm, I beg to differ.

I'm not naive or ignorant, yet I completely disagree. Yes, likely these ads are heard by "white people" (they compromise a large part of the population), yet they are geared towards everyone.

The effectiveness is another issue though.
    Last edited by Allen; 05-25-2002 at 04:09 PM.

...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    Hey, watch an episode of Comic View on BET or the movie "The Original Kings of Comedy"

The comedians make just as much fun of themselves as they do white folk, and I find the whole thing funny as hell.
    *** Yup.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

it goes the other way as well groign up in a heavy spanish populated place i and other minorities blacks and orientals were openly veiwed as different or even resented.
    When i moved to oklahoma i met a nice caramel complected black girl and then had black guys threatning me and vandalizing my stuff. Mexican men in San Antonio didnt have quams about showing there hatred for other races and it was common knowledge not to get in a 1 on 3 or 4 situation or they would try something
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

I can't speak for anyone else, but growing up as a non white (Indian-American) in a hick town in Indiana, I'm damn sure racism isn't dead.

Its easy to look at "affirmative action" and say how minorities have it so easy....maybe it has some truth to it, but most whites don't have to deal with racism on a daily, personal basis.

I can't tell you how many fights i've been in because some moron redneck couldn't keep his mouth shut...I even dealt with **** in HS that none of my white friends ever had to consider.... I remember about a week after we moved into our neighborhood, some idiots rolled a log with a swastika carved into it on our driveway. What gets me the most is being called a foreigner, even if its supposed to be a joke. wtf?? i was born in this country wasn't I?? It's really something to have your "american-ness" doubted in the land of your birth.

I'm much calmer these days, but i still shake my head when someone tries to insinuate that everything is peaches and cream just because of something like "affirmative action". I could care less about Affirmative action, as a matter of fact I think it should be done away with.

It works both ways.....although I think it effects some more than others.

That goes anywhere, Bammer-- around here, its a pretty common rule not to f*ck with a Mexican if there's more than three of them; some of us have found out the hard way that they carry knives and play real dirty.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Goin_Big
    What's racist is the fact that everyone that's not white gets more money for college, if you aren't white you don't need good qualifications to get a job, that's some racist bullshit.
    And it's state sponsored. Maybe everyone would get along better if these policies were dropped.

Originally posted by BIG POPPA PUMP
    Cracker Ass Cracker

can i just say the way this was snuck in with everyone else's comments had me laughing my ass off?

anyways....yes racism exists and it goes all different ways white v non-white, non-white v. white, non-white vnon-white.

you know what? it's the basest part of human nature, and essentially tribalism. it will always be there as long as there are slightly stupid people who can't get over something as basic as someone else's skin color.

as an Indian in America, i've actually on occassion felt pressure to choose a color to ally myself with (btwn black and white)....i personally found that retarded as i'm neither. I've also felt myself pressures to ally with other Indians, that i had nothing in common with, on the basis of my ethinicity. maybe i'm a bit ornery, but i will be friends with whomever i find to be cool, race is of no consequence, and i refuse to fulfill anyone else's stereotypes or biases. just because i'm contrary liek that.

again, if you are so wrapped up in ignorance that the color of someone's skin throws ya for a loop, then you've got bigger issues.

and this applies to people of all races. and yes, i find certain black people, asian people, latin people to be just as racist as certain white people.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I think racism and prejudice get mixed up these days. There is a diference. For example, I don't think racial profiling is an example of racism.

white trash goes north WilliamX's Avatar
    Originally posted by F40

I remember being in a club and overhearing a white girl tell her girlfriend about one of my mates:
    "He's soo fit"
    And her mate replied, "yeah - but he's Asian."

She fancied my mate but didn't act on it because he wasn't white/
    I mean - WHAT THE FUKK DOES IS THAT - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES RACE MAKE THERE????
    yeah but most people do mate withing their own ethnic group, its not racist.
    Say a cat sees a rabbit. Oh she's so cuddly and cute! yeah but she's a rabbit.
    ogrish.com

bone crusher
    Originally posted by Tryska

...and this applies to people of all races. and yes, i find certain black people, asian people, latin people to be just as racist as certain white people
    Exactly, call it racism, but it is essentially a form of tribalism and exists on every continent and society on the earth.

word, doc.

Originally posted by WilliamX

yeah but most people do mate withing their own ethnic group, its not racist.
    Say a cat sees a rabbit. Oh she's so cuddly and cute! yeah but she's a rabbit.
    i think your logic is a bit flawed, as interspecial mating is a bit different from interracial. Unless of course you think people of different ethnicity then you are not human as well.

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    For example, I don't think racial profiling is an example of racism.
    How isn't it?

Well, I already said it's a form of prejudice, not racism. Why don't you tell me why you think it's racism, if you do.

Well, it's separating one race from another implying that one of those races is inferior.

All racism stems from assumptions. White people murder other people everyday and it's not something we always hear about. A black man kills someone and its all hype and publicity. So automatically we make assumptions of that race based on the actions of one person. A select amount of people can never represent a whole race. No matter what race......... we all have the same capabilities as human, whether it be good or bad.

The racial profiling. It's not necessary. It's racism undoubtedly. We are separating other races and judging them with little knowledge. The acitons of two people can not speak for a race, and to have racial profiling against that group is wrong. The airports "random searches", they aren't random at all.... it's all about how you look. At all the airports I went to there was 1 white person searched for every 5 people of a different race. In my opinion that is racism.

Originally posted by SweetP
    Well, it's separating one race from another implying that one of those races is inferior.
    Racial superiority or inferiority (and such things clearly exist, not in a bad way though) has nothing to do with this.

All racism stems from assumptions.
    No, racism stems from hatred and intolerance. You may know perfectly well what you hate about someone (maybe just the fact that they look different from you is enough), without any assumptions being necessary.

White people murder other people everyday and it's not something we always hear about. A black man kills someone and its all hype and publicity. So automatically we make assumptions of that race based on the actions of one person.
    You sound like the one making generalizations now.

A select amount of people can never represent a whole race. No matter what race......... we all have the same capabilities as human, whether it be good or bad.
    Basically true, but not an argument against prejudice or racism.

The racial profiling. It's not necessary. It's racism undoubtedly. We are separating other races and judging them with little knowledge. The acitons of two people can not speak for a race, and to have racial profiling against that group is wrong. The airports "random searches", they aren't random at all.... it's all about how you look. At all the airports I went to there was 1 white person searched for every 5 people of a different race. In my opinion that is racism.
    We are not judging with little knowledge, we are often judging with lots of knowledge. The airport searches are not just about how you look, many other things are profiled as well. I take it you haven't flown much, especially since 9/11. Now, speaking of 9/11, are you of the opinion that we should not be more closely scrutinizing the behavior of those who appear to be of Muslim descent?

Russia is supposed to be bad... loads and loads of skinheads.

this was also confirmed when i was in london with my class and we were staying in host families. another group was in from Russia and their teachers refused to let them stay with black host families. the students werent to blame their teachers were making the trouble. i think they got sent right home after a day.

they was doing the standard ignorance **** like "does that stain" then rub their skin and stuff.... i would have knocked them out probably but i guess that would only make matters worse

LOL yesterday there was this black comedian on and i think it was hilarious. he did this sketch where he stood outside a tanning salon like he just came out, look at his arms, shocked, turning them around, screaming AAHHHHHHHH and then see all the reactions from people... it was ******* great