The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism?

Well, I don't like affirmative action, and I don't understand how anyone can.

Sorry bout that, I'm white, and yes I know how you could be treated in a small town, but that isn't the way it should be. I've especially seen how black people can be treated in a small town,a nd it's wrong too.

One thing I really don't understand is how a native american could be called a foreigner. I myself even have native american blood in me, even if I am pale as all hell
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

lol, I'm Indian as in having origins from India, my parents cartoonish accents are enough to provoke doubt

but Yeah... I agree with you on that, I don't believe in Affirmative action either.... its not a solution to anything. Racism's a social problem that no one has a monopoly on....I don't think any one race is worse another. if you look at it in terms of the whole world, America is a hell of a lot better off than most countries. Thats what matters.

Dead Sexy Member
    Reinier, I'm not talking about only Saudi Arabia, I'm talking about the majority of the Middle Eastern countries, Iraq, Iran , Saudi Arabia, Lebanon...

All headed by corrupt leaders who do not allow freedom of press, their citizens are poor as dirt, yet they are wealthy, and blame all of the problems on the US and the Jews.

Dead Sexy Member
    Inter-racial marriages are happening more and more often, and that looks like the only solution to stop racism, when we are all of the same race.

Many of such countries have leaders that the us shoved in there so that their money would be invested in us interests

Dead Sexy Member
    Wrong.

Gimme an example

Zaire
    argentina
    saudi arabia
    chile

there was more but i think i forgot

Originally posted by MarshallPenn

Now, speaking of 9/11, are you of the opinion that we should not be more closely scrutinizing the behavior of those who appear to be of Muslim descent?

Yes, thats exactly what I'm saying. Every person is just as capable of committing a terrorist attack as any other. Just because it was Muslims the first time doesnt mean it will be the next time. Basically all I'm saying is that everyone should be treated equally and they aren't being treated with the respect that we ALL deserve.

you forgot Iran, Allen I love the usa, my dream is to live in california, faar away from norway.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Racial superiority or inferiority (and such things clearly exist, not in a bad way though) has nothing to do with this.

Well the definition of racism is the separating of one race from another, so I think this has everything to do with it.

If somebody's feelings have to get hurt to stop an airplane from flying into a building or a suicide bomber from exploding in a mall, then so be it.

I'm more concerned with my safety and that of my friends than someone's hurt feelings.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

" If we must sacrafice freedom for safety, then we deserve neither" - Thomas Jefferson

I would gladly take the extra danger, if it is at the expense of civil liberties.

As far as the U.S supporting ruthless dictators, here are just a few:

Saddam Hussien- The U.S supplied arms and aid to Iraq with their war against Iran in the 1980's
    Augustus Pinochete- Chile dicatator who is respnsible for countless genocide.
    The Shah of Iran- U.S supported the shah even thought he had a ruthless secret police, that executed politcal dissendents.
    Chaing ki shak- the former dictator of taiwan, also responsible for countless genocide.
    Pres musharaff- dictator who is not free from millitary atrocities, including genocide.
    Afgan freedom fighters- many who have become the terrorists we fight against today
    fernando batiste- cuban pres/dict extremely corrupt and brutal.

list goes on and on

SweetP - you have your definition of racism all wrong.

Powerman - you hit the nail on the head.

Nate - Profiling does not violate civil liberities. I agree otherwise though.

SweetP - you have your definition of racism all wrong.
    I guess Webster's Dictionary is full of **** then eh?

"The separation of one race from another"

racism isnt just the seperation of races. it could even be within your own race. you cant just go by the dictionary. you have to go with goes on everyday in society.
    in the dictionary i looked up, it says "racial prejudice or discrimination".
    of course everyone should be treated equally, but it doesnt mean they are going to be. of course they arent.
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Originally posted by SweetP

I guess Webster's Dictionary is full of **** then eh?

"The separation of one race from another"
    What does that even mean though? Do you live with people of the opposite race? No? That must be racism then.

racism against blacks is pretty strong in the part of the south i live in. an ignorant people and a bunch of imbreds dont work well togethor

Dead Sexy Member
    lol

Reinier, I didn't know chile was in the Middle East.

Supplying arms or funds for a short period of time ifor reasons which you guys clearly forgot to mention, does not make the U supporters of the leaders and the way they conduct themselves and rule over the country.

Look what happend to most of these leaders.

does libya count for middle east?

America's political life would be soo much easier if it didn't support Israel. That is the root cause of all the hatred people in the middle east feel for America.
    End that, and the terrorism threat ends with it.
    The old F40 is BACK, cocky grinning, smiling and happy.... at last! (with a few more lbs of muscle too!)

i think it would make a huge difference but not end it

it would pretty much end it, just like rushdie.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Originally posted by F40
    America's political life would be soo much easier if it didn't support Israel. That is the root cause of all the hatred people in the middle east feel for America.
    End that, and the terrorism threat ends with it.
    Good point.
    If you want to be treated as an equal, act like one!

Heh-- then Israel would no longer exist very shortly after that happened.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock