The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism?

Hybrid View

Racism?

All these anti racism ads on tv.... people protesting against racism, famous people on tv compaigning against racism.... my school is full of posters that say "not black not white just human"

i wonder, racism? never seen people get racially discrimininated.... i notice more of the anti movement than of the racism movement... all these people spending time stopping racism... i just wonder what the hell they are worrying about. Racism is dead... at least in my experience.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

your experience as a whiteboy?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

lol point.

still. everytime i see those ads and clips and stuff im like "who is racist anymore anyway?"

In the states, racism isn't necessarily as blatant, and more often its become prejudice as opposed to active racism, like the good ol boys calling black people n***** and the like.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

well i think it's kinda cool you think that way......but i do believe rasism still exists. It's gotten better progressively over the past 20 years, but there are still throwbacks out there.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

i think theres some islam haters and some people who hate dutch peeps who cant even speak dutch, but nobody really cares about the color anymore.... ime if you act like your from here you get treated as such...

bone crusher
    I'd say racist attitudes still pervades every aspect of all societies, but to a lessor extent than during history

Reinier: Maybe I live in another Holland you do, but I will give you an example.... A fitnessclub that asks 300,= euro in the month to train there. That is called discrimination at the door. Or clubs where I can walk in without a problem, but my best friend, he is a black dude, can not enter even when he is with his white girlfriend.

perhaps your right maybe ive just been lucky with where i looked... some clubs will select for just about anything tho.... now&wow in rotterdam wont let anybody in with spiked hair, sports shoes or jeans... those dont even tell you why you cant go in.

Theres this middle of nowhere shithole of a town near me thats stupposed to have a lot of neo nazis living there thats really the only example i could give you of racism ive noticed anything of

What's racist is the fact that everyone that's not white gets more money for college, if you aren't white you don't need good qualifications to get a job, that's some racist bullshit.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Dead Sexy Member
    lol.

Racism exists, unfortunately.

I live in the UK and racism isn't dead. Its just suppressed and subtle. Holland is world-famous for its tolerance but I suppose there are Nazi wank*rs everywhere.

Often ethnic minority cmmunities are even more racist than the majority populations they live in - but racism is an attitude - its not calling somone racist names when they walk down the street its different now - its the way someone in a shop serves you, the looks you get in certain areas of town, etc etc.
    I remember being in a club and overhearing a white girl tell her girlfriend about one of my mates:
    "He's soo fit"
    And her mate replied, "yeah - but he's Asian."

She fancied my mate but didn't act on it because he wasn't white/
    I mean - WHAT THE FUKK DOES IS THAT - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES RACE MAKE THERE????

That's racism.

FYI I think of myself as a British citizen but I am proud that my ethinicity is Indian. There is no conflict in my opinion.
    The old F40 is BACK, cocky grinning, smiling and happy.... at last! (with a few more lbs of muscle too!)

the chicks here like brown sugar...

Dead Sexy Member
    ok apu

Ecoli die
    Racism is still alive and is entrenched in the US society in ways that are not obvious. It's not a matter of white supremists dragging black men around tied to their pickup trucks (1996 I think) either.

When I was in college we would walk to the bars. I would go with a friend sometimes (black) and when we walked home at 2am, the police would follow us home about a block behind us. When my friend was driving my car around and got pulled over for no apparent reason, I got a call to confirm that he had my permission to have my car but when I got pulled over in his car (much better than mine, btw) I was let go when they saw I wasn't drunk. Note that this happened in the "progressive" town of Boulder, CO where 'liberals' outnumber 'conservatives' by 4 to 1.

It's a matter of people saying "I have no problem with XYZ race as long as they don't live near me." That opinion is much more wide spread than people may think.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Hell I don't care-- I party with everybody. And I mean EVERYBODY. You'd be surprised at some of the ethnic groups I've partied with.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Originally posted by just_a_pup
    In the states, racism isn't necessarily as blatant, and more often its become prejudice as opposed to active racism, like the good ol boys calling black people n***** and the like.
    how come its alright for colored people to call each other n*****s but when white folks do it its racism?

How come its alright to say something about your girlfriend to your friends but if they say it it pisses you off?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

lol and also how come Chris Rock can do **** long comedy shows mainly with jokes about white people while if the opposite would happen **** would be bad?

yeah i noticed that, WTF???

black comedians always make fun of white people, if a white person did that they would most likely get a cap busted in their ass!
    Last edited by TheScorpionKing; 05-25-2002 at 01:50 PM.

i dont personally mind tho. but it is a double standard

hey niner how much you wanna bet they are going to close this thread?

if you keep posting here? id bet you about 10000 bucks they will. if you dont, or at least dont sound as angry, theyll keep it here

lol j/k no probs. but you did seem a bit pissed in that before last post. dont get it closed mmmk