The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

HCT-12 with HIT Cardio

I'm trying to bulk up, the PDF outlines & recommends some kind of cardio implementation, is this appropriate on a bulk? Also would 10 minutes 2x/1x pw appropriate? Was thinking 10 minutes HIT after leg workout, helps loads with soreness!!

Thanks for your time.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Sounds like a good plan. Give it a try and see how you respond.
    I like to pull the sled after hitting the weights. So far it's been a positive experience.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I did HCT-12 a few months back. I experimented with one day of HIIT for 20 minutes, and no cardio. The no cardio would go fine for several weeks, but then I'd notice a pretty high heart rate from jogging up a few flights of stairs. 20 minutes one day a week was plenty to keep me physically prepared. It is still what I'm doing now.

The program also recommends a certain amount of cardio based on your somatotype. I don't even know if I believe in the whole somatotype categorization. You should just experiment. I think that since you recognize decreased DOMS after leg days, from 10 minutes of HIIT, you have your answer.

Keep a log man. I still pretty new, so it's cool to see other peoples results.

Edit: Hahaha offroad posted while i was typing. I very interested in trying a sled one day. I am going to weld up a prowler when I get home in a couple months.
    Last edited by BallsWideDeep; 09-06-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...Bastardo-Flaco
    14" Box===240x5 (09/02/11)
    Bench====180x6 (08/25/11)
    Deadlift===375x5 (09/06/11)
    Press==== 115x6 (08/21/11)

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    I implemented battling ropes in my HCT routine. Does me wonders.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Thanks for your responses guys!

RE: Off Road
    Would like to do sledge pulls but got nothing like that at my gym
    Thanks for input!

RE: BallsWideDeep
    Yeah! Man leg pain is a killer! Thanks for your continued advice / help, you've really helped me out in the past! I will defiantly start a log, I am starting next week so will keep everything on it. Would be awesome to share results!

RE: City
    Would love to do ropes too! Again don't have that at my bloody uni gym, its pretty generic really. Cheers for input bud

This might be stupid.... but the only other thing i was going to look at was stretching, i have read through DC training and although I'm not advanced enough to train with that program and am very much looking forward to HCT-12.. would there be any benefit doing some of the hard stretches they mention? They say it helps develop 'fuller' looking muscles, could this be useful once after my last cluster set? or am i over thinking / complicating / jumping ahead of myself?

Cheers again guys!

I have only recently read about DC training, and I realized I had organically started to train my calves that way. I did the HCT-12 as my first program, and that taught me the rest/pause technique. I still do a rest pause for my calves, because I like to walk retarded for the first 10 steps from the machine. On my last set I quickly drop the weight bit, and do a long static stretch.

The reason I do all of this has nothing to do with "fascia stretching". I just do it, because it hurts good. If this might pose some benefit, that's cool. As long as the stretch is performed within reason, the muscle won't be utilized again, and you have the time to potentially waste, how could it hurt?
    Last edited by BallsWideDeep; 09-06-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...Bastardo-Flaco
    14" Box===240x5 (09/02/11)
    Bench====180x6 (08/25/11)
    Deadlift===375x5 (09/06/11)
    Press==== 115x6 (08/21/11)

Spartian,

I'm on my 4th cycle of HCT-12.... so that speaks volumes of how its working for me.
    Since the second cycle I have been throwing in some of the DC training stretches. It certaintly hasn't hindered my results/performance, whether its improved them though is debatable, although personally I think for the reason you've stated 'fuller looking muscles' it has, plus I have received a few comments for a couple of the trainers at the gym and girlfriend (although maybe she's just trying to butter me up) that I have put on some size over the past couple of months. But again, that would mostly be due to the actual HCT-12 program and possibly slightly help with the stretches. My advice if you want to put them in after each cluster sure go ahead and see how it goes.

Cheers for replies guys!

Thinks ill give it a go see how it works, i can't see it hindering recovery by much and may pose some additional benefit. Only an extra 60 secs per exercise too.

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    I acquired ropes via the local fire dept. I asked for old/damaged fire hose and they were more than willing to give me a couple hoses. Great FREE alternate to buying your own ropes.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive