The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Ways to strengthen bad shoulder?

I'm finally back to weight lifting after I have cut about 70 lbs. Its a lot nicer to be smaller and I mean super small... 150~ lbs now :o

Anyways, I have a bad shoulder injury from weight lifting about a year ago and it still bothers me today. About once a month, my shoulder will pop out of place and pop in by itself usually.. Sometimes I have to pop it back in myself and it hurts like hell for a while.

I believe its my rotator cuff that is weak and needs to be strengthened but I have no idea.. And I can't do squats with my shoulder because it puts a lot of stress on my shoulder, so that basically leaves leg presses but I loooove squats so much more. And I'm too terrified to do deadlifts, so all I have been doing is curls and db bench :/

Any help would be appreciated tho!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Have you seen an orthopedic? If your shoulder dislocates easily you may have well sustained injury to a rotator, to your labrum, or a myriad of other things. Training it before seeing a doctor to ascertain whats caused the issue is not worth the risk whatsoever.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig Member
    Well I did go to my family doctor and he just said its like popping your knuckles.. except I have never felt my knuckles pop out of place honestly. But he sent me for an x-ray of my shoulder which I thought was stupid because at that time I knew my shoulder was in the socket. My doctor is old and very stubborn and he doesn't like to send his clients to a more specialized doctor for their problems.

But I figured if I started working out my rotator cuffs/shoulders more than maybe it would strengthen my shoulder up some so it won't happen as much.

Wannabebig Member
    you probably have a bankart tear and require surgery

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/gene.../a/bankart.htm
    If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory.rox View Post
    Well I did go to my family doctor and he just said its like popping your knuckles.. except I have never felt my knuckles pop out of place honestly. But he sent me for an x-ray of my shoulder which I thought was stupid because at that time I knew my shoulder was in the socket. My doctor is old and very stubborn and he doesn't like to send his clients to a more specialized doctor for their problems.

But I figured if I started working out my rotator cuffs/shoulders more than maybe it would strengthen my shoulder up some so it won't happen as much.
    Your doctors an idiot. And you'll need an MRI and an intelligent doctor to diagnose if there's serious issues or not. You should not need a referral to see an orthopedic. If they ask for one then just tell them your general practitioner sent you, they're not going to turn you away.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Ummm wow, yeah an xray will show only bone which your shoulder was in place at the time. A bankart tear would be a likely candidate as it is soft tissue (which x rays can't pick up). Stubborn old doctors who stick to their ways and DON'T listen to their patients--there's nothing worse.
    Favorite Quote:"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness--Edward Stanley"

Bodybuilding Information, Interviews, and more: www.directlyfitness.com