Thread: Summer is just around the corner...

Summer is just around the corner...

Alright guys heres my deal....

I cut 30 pounds in like 30 moths but i went border line anerexic except the only thing i lost was muscle mass...Since i stopped my phyco diet like a month ago ive done nothing but gain 3 pounds....Maybe muscle....prolly not...I still have my gut and my pecs look like mountains again...well maybe not mountains but hills...rather then bricks.....n e ways its time to get serious about dieting.im 15 and i have some things going for me and against me...For me: I have the will power and right now im PUMPED to loose weight...Against me: I work at Mc Donalds..l0l....For me: I can with stand any urge after going anerexic kinda....Against me i have no patence....For me: Im willing to take any advice u may have. Heres a couple ideas i have....I wanna do 6 meals a day. This is definitly gaurunted to work..right? Now i got to meals planned out Protein shake post workout....2 Proetin bars pre workout....Now theres nothing i can eat at mickey d's thats dieable is there...How about chicken fajatas they contain green peppers, onions, tommatos, grilled chicked and a fajatia. Is that ok as a meal. And what is good for breakfast is 2 eggs with no butter good or more eggs just without all the yolks...Also what is Keto'ing? Is that a good diet? Tell me sraight out can someone who wants to gain in lifting have a chance to loose a gut my the end of the summer. Like i wanna go from about 20-23% bf to 10 or below. Right now i weigh 175 i bet if cut to 160 id look a hel of alot better is that possible? Alright sorry for writing so much but ill really appreciat being helped.

thanks,

FBG

What about dietary supplements or fat burners. what are there side affects where does the fat go..How often will u have to go to bathroom while taking them...Also is Mahung or ephedra (spelling????) is that bad for u my mom is convinced it is but she is hippocriticly using some pills with it...She says "m taking a risk im not willing u to take" pisses me off i wanna loose weight! anyway opinoins...Keep in mind i lift so if that makes a differnece>

-FBG

Climax of Intellect WillyTheGreat's Avatar
    Weren't you the guy who had the mad crazy diet and everyone was telling you you should change it? I guess you didn't. I don't think anorexia is the way to go buddy.

i think the fat burners increase your metabolism, and make fat more easily used for energy.

also, i think that if your mom's using them i think you should be able to convince her that you're ok to use them too (if you want to)

You're 15? Forget the supps and fat burners. Try working on a solid diet of whole foods, do some cardio to burn calories and hit the weights a few times a week.

FBG- If you are interested in learning how to form your own diet check out the following links.http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...ne-diet-01.htm
    http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...ne-diet-02.htm

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...rogress-01.htm

Also if you want to get started right away, check this part of the misc.fitness.weights FAQ
    http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html#whattoeat

HTH

Grasshoppa
    If you're "borderline anorexic", maybe bulking up would be better?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

No No im not anerexic at all or even close....Yea i was the kid that HAD the mad crazy diet....U guys really got to me with all them posts b4...See i tryed the six meals a day but someohow i got off it so im just trying to make a good diet again...but now im far from anerexia. u guys have mixed opinons on fat burners, I think it would be nice because really u see results quick right and that helps beleve me. But i think like 15 or 20 pounds is all i have to loose so would they be ok still? Also ive been working out for a while 4 days a week and im pretty set on that and the routine. Thanks though.

-FBG

Bro, if you are 175 at 20% then you have a lbm of 140. Are you sure your bf isn't higher? I would think if you have 140lbs of lbm (lean body mass) your lifts would be alot higher than they are.

I would cut and train for strenght. I have put on alot of strength while doing a ckd.
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

i was anorexic for a period got so bad, the doctors and dieticians monitoring me thought i was going to die, but i helped my self by taking a big think about what was important and used bodybuilding as an escape, now im much better and my knowledge on nutrition is only helping me.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Ecoli die
    6 meals a day is a good idea. It helps you to maintain higher energy levels and keeps your metabolism constant which is good but it is not 'guaranteed' to make you gain or lose weight. Make sure one of them is a breakfast meal.

You shouldn't need diet supplements but if you do, try finding a good ECA stack (ephedirne or ma huang, caffiene, asprin). There are numerous ones out there. Also green tea in it is maybe a good idea. It won't make you lose weight though, only smart eating will make you lose weight.

Ketosis is probably not going to help you much, but you never know until you try it. Problem with Keto is that MOST people have problems with lifting (ketones can't be used anaerobically) and I think lifting and cardio should be your main goals.

My suggestion would be a 35/35/30 split diet since you're 15 you might want to sacrifice some fats for more protein though. I take carbs before my resistance training so I have energy and protein after but I don't know if that's really helpful. Plan your diet around equilibrium or at most a 500 calorie deficit then add 30 to 45 minutes of cardio. Do a 3 day lifting split and LIFT HARD. Avoid refined sugars and white breads, go for whole wheat instead. Only thing you should be eating at McD's is the grilled chicken (maybe they have yogurt and such? I don't know but check it out before you start eating it). Watch your soda pop intake too -lots of refined sugars there. One more thing, if you are eating 6 meals a day and you are hungry, make sure you eat. You should not be hungry on 6 meals a day (IMHO).

You need to be patient. If you are 175 trying to lose 15 pounds, plan on taking somewhere between 1 and 2 months to do it. I know that's not what you want, but it's the smart way to approach it.

That's my $.02, hope it helps.
    Last edited by Tiare; 05-26-2002 at 09:23 AM.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

geez 2 months :-(