The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

Does this training look HARD????

Hey. Im starting this training for a school im going into. This is the training they recomend i do before i go. Do you guys think this is a hard training program, or is it pretty easy. And what kind of training is this mainly for. Will i have a good physique after i doo all this. My photo is my Avatar. What does everyone think.

CATEGORY I RUNNING SCHEDULE

Week 1 Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 2 miles per day, 8:30 pace 6 miles/week
    Week 2 Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 2 miles per day, 8:30 pace 6 miles/week
    Week 3 No running. High risk of stress fractures
    Week 4 Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 3 miles per day 9 miles/week
    Week 5 Monday - 2 mi, Tuesday - 3 mi, Thursday - 4 mi, Friday - 2 mi 11 miles/week
    Week 6 Monday - 2 mi, Tuesday - 3 mi, Thursday - 4 mi, Friday - 2 mi 11 miles/week
    Week 7 Monday - 4 mi, Tuesday - 4 mi, Thursday - 5 mi, Friday - 3 mi 16 miles/week
    Week 8 Monday - 4 mi, Tuesday - 4 mi, Thursday - 5 mi, Friday - 3 mi 16 miles/week
    Week 9 Monday - 4 mi, Tuesday - 4 mi, Thursday - 5 mi, Friday - 3 mi 16 miles/week

CATEGORY I PHYSICAL TRAINING SCHEDULE
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday

Sets of Repetitions
    Week 1 4x15 push-ups; 4x20 sit-ups; 3x3 pull-ups
    Week 2 5x20 push-ups; 5x20 sit-ups; 3x3 pull-ups
    Week 3 5x25 push-ups; 5x25 sit-ups; 3x4 pull-ups
    Week 4 5x25 push-ups; 5x25 sit-ups; 3x4 pull-ups
    Week 5 6x25 push-ups; 6x25 sit-ups; 2x8 pull-ups
    Week 6 6x25 push-ups; 6x25 sit-ups; 2x8 pull-ups
    Week 7 6x30 push-ups; 6x30 sit-ups; 2x10 pull-ups
    Week 8 6x30 push-ups; 6x30 sit-ups; 2x10 pull-ups
    Week 9 6x30 push-ups; 6x30 sit-ups; 3x10 pull-ups
    Note: for best results, alternate exercise. Do a set of push-ups, then a set of sit-ups, followed by a set of pull-ups. Do not rest between sets.

CATEGORY I SWIMMING SCHEDULE
    (Sidestroke with no fins, 4-5 days per week)

Week 1 Swim continuously for 15 minutes
    Week 2 Swim continuously for 15 minutes
    Week 3 Swim continuously for 20 minutes
    Week 4 Swim continuously for 20 minutes
    Week 5 Swim continuously for 25 minutes
    Week 6 Swim continuously for 25 minutes
    Week 7 Swim continuously for 30 minutes
    Week 8 Swim continuously for 30 minutes
    Week 9 Swim continuously for 35 minutes

Thank you

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

On paper...no.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Banned

Huh

No really, does it look like a good program??????

Good program for a cross country runner.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
    Good program for a cross country runner.
    :withstupi

Pull-ups are nice.... but what the hell is that program supposed to make you? Except smaller.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Originally posted by Belial

Pull-ups are nice.... but what the hell is that program supposed to make you? Except smaller.
    Military material, I would guess.

Wannabebig Member
    Thats the Navy Seal Routine, look it up at a Seal websight, it will get you in shape fast but its more endurance training Ive used it before to train for tournaments a couple of yrs ago.

Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Military material, I would guess.
    If he were trudging miles in full gear with heavy boots on, enduring hard weather conditions, and learning how to shoot a gun, I'd say it's a military program. That looks like a strictly endurance program, not what you want unless a runner has your idea of a "good physique".

PS- sprinters are not runners. They are something beyond.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

From your avatar you look like you already have a pretty nice physique, why would you wanna burn it all off?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig Member
    Hey shamrock, what school you going into?

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    hey guys there are other things then moving really big weights or looking good that are important. I'd respect a Navy Seal more than Ronnie Coleman or Ed Coan. Shamrock if you want to be a Seal go straigt to it. I thought you were going to join UFC though, what happened to that?
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Seal programs are designed to make a person used to physical punishment, mental punishment as well. All of the big muscles in the world don't matter when everyone is armed with grenades and machine guns, but being able to keep going at your opponent regardless of conditions is the difference between fodder and a great soldier.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

that program still looks light endurance or not.

do you have to do this ? or can you do somthing else, or can you do more ?

I find that with those bodyweight exercises, they can be done endlessly. if you can do 6x30 pushups, more than likely you can do 6x100.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    I'm with the rest of the guys, the program looks like "CAKE," nothing that you shouldn't beable to do. Looking at you, you already are ahead of the game. But with that program bodybuilding is an activity that is on the backburner.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Re: Does this training look HARD????

Originally posted by KenShamrock
    Hey. Im starting this training for a school im going into. This is the training they recomend i do before i go. Do you guys think this is a hard training program, or is it pretty easy. And what kind of training is this mainly for. Will i have a good physique after i doo all this. My photo is my Avatar. What does everyone think.

CATEGORY I RUNNING SCHEDULE

Week 1 Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 2 miles per day, 8:30 pace 6 miles/week
    Week 2 Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 2 miles per day, 8:30 pace 6 miles/week
    Week 3 No running. High risk of stress fractures
    Week 4 Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 3 miles per day 9 miles/week
    Week 5 Monday - 2 mi, Tuesday - 3 mi, Thursday - 4 mi, Friday - 2 mi 11 miles/week
    Week 6 Monday - 2 mi, Tuesday - 3 mi, Thursday - 4 mi, Friday - 2 mi 11 miles/week
    Week 7 Monday - 4 mi, Tuesday - 4 mi, Thursday - 5 mi, Friday - 3 mi 16 miles/week
    Week 8 Monday - 4 mi, Tuesday - 4 mi, Thursday - 5 mi, Friday - 3 mi 16 miles/week
    Week 9 Monday - 4 mi, Tuesday - 4 mi, Thursday - 5 mi, Friday - 3 mi 16 miles/week

CATEGORY I PHYSICAL TRAINING SCHEDULE
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday

Sets of Repetitions
    Week 1 4x15 push-ups; 4x20 sit-ups; 3x3 pull-ups
    Week 2 5x20 push-ups; 5x20 sit-ups; 3x3 pull-ups
    Week 3 5x25 push-ups; 5x25 sit-ups; 3x4 pull-ups
    Week 4 5x25 push-ups; 5x25 sit-ups; 3x4 pull-ups
    Week 5 6x25 push-ups; 6x25 sit-ups; 2x8 pull-ups
    Week 6 6x25 push-ups; 6x25 sit-ups; 2x8 pull-ups
    Week 7 6x30 push-ups; 6x30 sit-ups; 2x10 pull-ups
    Week 8 6x30 push-ups; 6x30 sit-ups; 2x10 pull-ups
    Week 9 6x30 push-ups; 6x30 sit-ups; 3x10 pull-ups
    Note: for best results, alternate exercise. Do a set of push-ups, then a set of sit-ups, followed by a set of pull-ups. Do not rest between sets.

CATEGORY I SWIMMING SCHEDULE
    (Sidestroke with no fins, 4-5 days per week)

Week 1 Swim continuously for 15 minutes
    Week 2 Swim continuously for 15 minutes
    Week 3 Swim continuously for 20 minutes
    Week 4 Swim continuously for 20 minutes
    Week 5 Swim continuously for 25 minutes
    Week 6 Swim continuously for 25 minutes
    Week 7 Swim continuously for 30 minutes
    Week 8 Swim continuously for 30 minutes
    Week 9 Swim continuously for 35 minutes

Thank you
    Sounds stupid

Originally posted by nejar462
    hey guys there are other things then moving really big weights or looking good that are important. I'd respect a Navy Seal more than Ronnie Coleman or Ed Coan. Shamrock if you want to be a Seal go straigt to it. I thought you were going to join UFC though, what happened to that?
    Did you read his post, numbnuts?

He wants to look good. He said that was his goal. Now get down off that soapbox before you hurt yourself.

if thats the look and condition that you want to be in, its not too bad.

Originally posted by Belial

Did you read his post, numbnuts?

He wants to look good. He said that was his goal. Now get down off that soapbox before you hurt yourself.
    Maybe I missed something, but in the first post he said it was recommended preparation for the school to which he will be going(Which again, must be some sort of military academy or something.) I didn't really see him mention that looking good was his goal or that he really even had much choice in the matter(If he want to be prepared, that is.) He just seemed curious as to what effects the program would have on his body. Could be wrong, though.

It seemed from his physique question "Will i have a good physique after i doo all this. My photo is my Avatar. What does everyone think."
    that he was wondering about the effects of this program, and whether or not it'll improve his body. He didn't outline any particular goals, so perhaps I misinterpreted. But Nejar was making a value judgement about what's important. K.S. didn't say that he wanted to be huge, nor did he say he wanted to be a SEAL.

Wannabebig Member
    Here is the link to the SEAL PT Program . This is the Category I routine. Down at the bottom is the link to Category II for when you complete the first nine weeks.

This is an endurance routine, and a great one to do for military PRT preparation. But I would not call it "cake". I basically finished cat II (except I slacked on the running). I can do bodyweight pushups and situps (20x20, 20x25) until the cows come home. But don't assume for a minute that if you can do 20x20 that you can do 4x100. I will give a gold star to anyone here than can do 4x100 while adhering to the guidelines of this routine. Namely, the only rest you get from pushups is situps and vice versa, plus at no point can anything besides your hands and toes touch the ground for pushups... that means no butt in the air. The most I could do at my last PRT was 84 pushups in about 1.5 minutes and 114 situps in 2 minutes. But there are plenty of folks here that are in a lot better condition than me.

As mentioned earlier, this is geared to assist a person in coming home in the morning after a mission. The goal is to carry 60 lbs of ammo and equipment for a day rather than 260 lbs of equipment for 2 minutes.

Wannabebig Member

Re: Does this training look HARD????

To answer your questions: if the school recommends it, then more likely then not they recommend it for a reason. Trust them. Judging by your picture, you should have no problem. If you have never swimmed distance before, it will take a few weeks for your lungs to play catch-up, which is why the swimming starts off at low minutes. Military PRT (physical readiness test). You will likely lose size.