The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

cardio question?

I never do cardio and I am no where near fat but sometimes even running up a few stairs I'm winded.
    Would throwing in 30 minutes one day a week mess with muscle gains and would this be benificial for overall cardiovascular fitness?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

probably not, and yes.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

The Chicken Mr'ga
    if your winded after running up a few stairs.. could u last doin cardio for 30 minutes? if u cant do it.. ease ya way into it.. like doin 10 minutes, then every time u do it, increase the cardio by 5 minutes untill u reach your goal
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

Cardio's worthless.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

i tend to disagree 'bigchaseychase' not on the muscular size front, but for your health, i mean poor lung and heart function form the lack of cardio creatives potential health risks for later life.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

I am only doing this for my heart and lungs because lately I will just be sitting there and my heart rate will increase alot for a few seconds
    and I've never had this until lately.

Definetly do it, I started it for the little bit of fat loss but now actually enjoy it. Once I'm done running I feel so good, I'd do it more often but I don't want to burn muslce too.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Cardio's not absolutely necessary to be cardiovascularly fit. Resistance training and exceptional diet do the trick.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

yes this is correct, however i like cardio because you just sweat so much.

This keeps your skin looking healthy and gets rid of any bad BO that you might have.

Also, if you play any sport then I am sure you will see the benefit of cardio.