Thread: RESULTS Blue Raspberry - Initial reactions

Hybrid View

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar

RESULTS Blue Raspberry - Initial reactions

So my shipment of blue raspberry RESULTS came in yesterday and I figured I would give my initial reactions on some minor things like flavoring, mixability, and such.

Keep in mind, I am writing this as someone who has been drinking Tropical Fruit Punch RESULTS for a long time.

=======

Flavor: Very good. Hits almost like a raspberry/blueberry mixture with a dumb-dumb after taste. I remember previous mixtures of Tropical Fruit Punch being chalky tasting on the way down and the finish. This does not. It does finish very sweet though. I suppose it's better than other reactions.

Mixability: quick, shakes well, nothing clumped up when I made a serving. The powder is VERY fine.

Be careful if you get any on your fingers as it does quite the job of staining. I can only imagine how it stains on clothes. Bottom line: Be clean.

I do love this flavor better than Tropical Fruit Punch. As a person who mixes Nitrean+ and RESULTS, I'm curious to see how this will taste with chocolate Nitrean+

Rock on.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

that's good to hear. i was gonna make a thread to see what members thought of the new flavors. thanks mate!
    oh, how would you rate the taste 1-10?

I'd give it a 8/10 It is a bit sweet tasting, but whatever, I can't really complain much. Good finish as well.
    Last edited by thecityalive; 10-12-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    My road to powerlifting:
    Current RAW PRs:
    twitter @thecityalive

Cool, glad you like it. I think the new flavors are HUGE improvements. The sweetness thing is tough just because of the 50g of dextrose. One thing I recommend is you just dilute it a touch more to reduce the sweetness.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

On a second time around, I'm giving this another opinion on how it tastes/smells. It reminds me of what blue raspberry cotton candy tastes like - if that makes sense.

Yeah, Chris, I figured as much.

This morning I'm gonna be bold and try this with Dutch Chocolate Nitrean+....results may vary.
    My road to powerlifting:
    Current RAW PRs:
    twitter @thecityalive

Wannabebig Member
    My Blue Raspberry came in yesterday - While I have some tropical punchy left, I couldn't wait to try the new flavor, so I did. My reaction is the flavor was, EH....BUT it was a HUGE improvement over Tropical Punch, which was way to sweet for me and at times I had to choke it down. Blue Raspberry goes down nice and smooth and will be very easy to take in. Gets a thumbs up from me!

thecityisalive - My initial thoughts when i smelled the powder was exactly blue raspberry cotton candy.

I mixed dutch chocolate nitrean+ with BR RESULTS...let's just say I'll have to just get over it. The BR seems to mask the chocolate. They ALMOST compliment each other well, but I guess that's what I get for mixing pizza and ice cream together.

Anyone try mixing with vanilla? Never been a fan of vanilla flavored proteins, but just curious.
    My road to powerlifting:
    Current RAW PRs:
    twitter @thecityalive

I mix my original flavored RESULTS with both chocolate and vanilla Nitrean. It is much, much, much, better when mixed with vanilla. The chocolate mixture is okay, but the vanilla mixture is delicious.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I just tried it. When I was mixing it I was in a hurry so I got some powder on my fingers... reminds me of fun dip. Remember that stuff?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LN7jaB6sWx...00/FUN+DIP.jpg

The actual drink (which I mixed with Strawberry Nitrean) is a lot better than Tropical Punch. When I finished it I kinda wished I had some more...

Job well done, AtLarge.
    ::::::::::::::::::::Updated 9-16-11::::::::::::::::::::
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 408 Squat Max @ 370
    CG Bench 1x7 @ 225 Power Clean Max @ 235
    W Chinups 3x10 @ +50 Dips 1x5 @ +115

Height - 6'3 Weight - 194lbs Age - 21

"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end." - Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Dgro View Post
    I just tried it. When I was mixing it I was in a hurry so I got some powder on my fingers... reminds me of fun dip. Remember that stuff?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LN7jaB6sWx...00/FUN+DIP.jpg

The actual drink (which I mixed with Strawberry Nitrean) is a lot better than Tropical Punch. When I finished it I kinda wished I had some more...

Job well done, AtLarge.
    Thanks!