The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Should I go for it?

I've been doing a squat specialized program that has me squatting 3x a week. When I started the program I could barely put up 175 with piss-poor form. Now the 3rd week in, on the last workout of the program before I re-test my max, I'm supposed to go 5x3 and I planned on doing 190. The last workout I did 5x3 with 185 with (at least what seemed like) perfect form. As of right now, I'm feeling a good amount of pain in my left knee. I've always tried to lift with good form since I plan on lifting for the greater part of the rest of my life, and I don't want to do any damage to my joints short or long term. Should I go for it or say screw the program and take an extra day or two to rest and hit the 5x3 again. I'm extremely motivated to do it, but I don't want to make the problem worse. Anyone want to give me their professional opinion?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yeah; if you're not using knee wraps now use a light to moderately tight wrap job and see if it alleviates the pain. If so, stay with the wraps 2-3 weeks and then wrap gradually looser for the next 2 - 3 weeks until you've 'weaned' off of them if you lift in a raw fed that doesn't allow them in meets. The wraps can be a great healing aid when used like this so as to not keep aggrevating whatever is stressed and letting it heal as you still train. A little ibupropen during this time will also help relieve any inflamation as well as icing the knee. Good luck.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    it could be that form is falling apart and you can't see it ( this is where a good team comes in handy)

Or you could just be beat up from all of the squatting.

video a few squats, even if only for yourself to watch..... and back off of the volume work...... programs are great starting points but won't fir 100% of people 100% of the time.
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

Recording your set is definitely going to help. Like Barzeen said, even if you just watch it for comparative analysis, it's a great thing to use in your training to see exactly what's going on. I thought form was good until I started filming more sets, it's an eye opener sometimes.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May