The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ex GF wants to be friends and maybe get back together. What do I do?

My goal is to get her back at some point but I don't want to be taken advantage of in the process.

We were together 8 months. She broke up with me. Said she loved me but wasn't in love. She calls and says she wants to be friends but not be all "lovey dovey" with me while she "figures out what she wants".

I love her and I want to be with her. But hanging out with her as just friends is so tough.

What's my best move at this point?

Continue hanging out with her as friends while I talk to other girls on the side? I figure she is probably seeing someone else as well but I can't confirm it. I do know that there is someone interested in her. She gets pissey when she thinks I'm with other girls.

Or do I call her and say look, I can't do the just friends thing with you. If you ever want to get back together call me, and maybe I won't be with someone and we can see about working things out.

What's my move?

I don't want to push her away by making her feel I don't care about her but at the same time it's hard for me to sit idle and not explore other girls! I can't wait forever!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Man this sounds like some first class high school BS. In my opinion, there isn't any "I wanna be friends until I figure out what I want" bull crap. You said she gets pissed if you're with another girl, so she's claiming stock in you basically saying you can't be with other people but she doesn't want to be with you. Sure, people get together, then fall apart, then get back together and lead happily ever after lives, but if she's playing you, which it sounds like she might be, she's just evil.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

join the offtopic.com forum as they got a great sub section for situations like these. how old are you guys?

Per my experience -- walk away. Don't look back.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    While she "takes time to figure out what she wants" you should just get what you want and get a new girlfriend and move on. Mark hit it right on the head - it does sound like some HS bull shit.

To quote a fortune cookie I ate just recently: Sometimes the best way to love someone is to let them go.

Be the bigger person and see other people. If it makes her angry, fuck it, who cares? As long as you're happy, fuck the world. If she freaks out post break-up about you seeing other girls, that's just her being an uber control bitch, and you will become her bitch if you allow it. Perhaps breaking up was a good indicator of what kind of personality traits she has that you haven't seen yet.

Date women. However, if you are going to date women, do it for yourself and not to make your ex-jealous.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Exes are good for booty calls. Nothing else.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Sounds like this cunt wants to have her cake and eat it too. Which makes sense since you don't just want to look at cake. But, she is making you look like a bitch. It can happen, but you need a clean break now. No friends, no hanging out, no talking, no contact. There is no getting back together here. She just wants to fuck with your head and doesn't give two shits about you. Now you know and there is no excuse. Sack up and quit being a pussy.
    Last edited by joey54; 10-15-2011 at 05:30 PM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Sounds like this cunt wants to have her cake and eat it too. Which makes sense since you don't just want to look at cake. But, she is making you look like a bitch. It can happen, but you need a clean break now. No friends, no hanging out, no talking, no contact. There is no getting back together here. She just wants to fuck with your head and doesn't give two shits about you. Now you know and there is no excuse. Sack up and quit being a pussy.
    This x inifinity and beyond. Nut up buddy.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Don't do it! Ex's are ex's for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Exes are good for booty calls. Nothing else.
    This.
    Fuck her once, than never talk to her again.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

What would you guys say to the option of dating/fucking other women while playing the friend game with the ex at the same time? Keeping the dating/fucking of other girls a secret to my ex of course.

I'm sold on either using this option or just breaking it off clean as has been suggested to me here in this thread.

Thanks.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Option A is stooping to her level. Plus you are just setting yourself up for more drama...both with the ex and the current g/f.

Breaking it off clean would be the best way to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by xstalkrx View Post
    What would you guys say to the option of dating/fucking other women while playing the friend game with the ex at the same time? Keeping the dating/fucking of other girls a secret to my ex of course.

I'm sold on either using this option or just breaking it off clean as has been suggested to me here in this thread.

Thanks.
    This makes you the douchebag in the situation. If you fuck others while playing the friend game, and she does find out about, which she likely will, yes women have that ability to pull shit out of you, then you've just wasted any chance you have at getting back with her, ever, done. You said you loved this chick, how could you fuck other women while trying to get back with her?
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

This is what I would do. It doesn't make you the douche bag it's exactly what she wanted. If she ask why you didn't say anything about other girls just make up some excuse I can think of about a million off hand.

Thanks.
    I wouldn't keep it a secret. That would mean you cared. Don't care, not with this girl.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

FINISH HER!
    My road to powerlifting:
    Current RAW PRs:
    twitter @thecityalive

No secrets. No sneaking. Cut ties. Move on. //close thread
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

Yep. She won't respect you until you don't want her anymore. And with any luck, you'll find that you're better off without her.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Why are we still even discussing this? Op has got to be between 18-23.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Why are we still even discussing this? Op has got to be between 18-23.
    You're guessing that old? I was thinking 16-17 tops. haha
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I'm 25. :/ lol

this thread needs pics. let's see the hussy

I bet she isn't worth the hassle.
    My road to powerlifting:
    Current RAW PRs:
    twitter @thecityalive

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    this thread needs pics. let's see the hussy
    Worthless without pics.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Yes. We need to get OG like in the gen chat area here. Pics or ban in 24 hours.

Just get under the bar!