The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

quick question: deadlift suit for squats?

I have the Metal Pro deadlift (both in sumo and conventional cut) and wanted to see if this suit will provide any support for squats (straps down or up)?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You should get some decent support from that suit. However if it takes you out of your natural squat form than it may be doing more harm than good. Give it a shot and see how it feels.

I've had no experience with that suit. The only deadlift suit I ever used to squat in was a Max DL of Inzer's before I switched to Titan. But I'd already been told it's the same suit as the Inzer Hardcore squat suit. I know others who have used both of those suits for either lift. I don't know how the Metal suit is constructed but since you already have it I'd suggest giving it your own 'field test'. Try it and see. It might work well enough for now and save you having to buy another suit for a while.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

interesting you brought that up...I actually have an Inzer max DL laying around

I wouldnt. The purpose of a deadlift suit is to bring your hips to the bar. This goes against the need to keep you hips back with a squat. I would get a squat suit. You will ruin your deadlift suit squatting in it as its not designed for that purpose and will wear out very fast.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    I wouldnt. The purpose of a deadlift suit is to bring your hips to the bar. This goes against the need to keep you hips back with a squat. I would get a squat suit. You will ruin your deadlift suit squatting in it as its not designed for that purpose and will wear out very fast.
    I agree with Scott.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    Although there are some difference in 'most' modern DL suit designs compared to squats suits, there are also many similarities in function. The fact that the Hardcore and Max DL are the 'same' suit with different logos and are still pretty popular in 1 ply circles would attest to that. Look at the physiology of the squat and compare it to the deadlift. The biggest difference is that the bar is sitting on the shoulder/back on the squat and being held in the hands on the DL. As is so often said; "drive your heels through the floor" to perform both lifts and "keep your weight on your heels". It become evident that we are doing basically the same function with the weight simply 'attached' at a different site of the body. You still will have to force the hip down and back to desend and push the heels down extend the legs and drive the hip forward to lock out both lifts unless you're one of those rare guys with so much lower back stregth that they can practically 'stiff leg' their deadlifts up like Brent Howard or Tony Caprari. My back hurts just watching them pull but it works for them. Watch several of Garry Franks videos and you'll sometime see him doing both lifts in either the Hardcore and/or a Max DL. I agree that ultimately he'll be better off with a true squat suit and a true deadlift suit. But, if finances won't allow buying another suit right now, I wouldn't miss a competition because I didn't have a true squat suit. I'd just use one for both til I could acquire the other suit.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)