Thread: Which ALN Supplement?

Which ALN Supplement?

I'm looking to buy a supplement from ALN but am not sure which one to get.

Currently, I've been taking a store-bought protein powder called ISO-PRO Low Carb (Chocolate). Each scoop (40g) has 150 calories and 35g of protein. I've been drinking 2 of these per day, one scoop in the morning and one scoop post-workout.

My main goal is to gain strength. The program I'm running right now is 5/3/1 (Awesome program! I'm on my 3rd cycle).

I'm asking your guys advice on which ALN supplement I should use.

Thanks. And if you guys need any other information such as diet or stats, let me know.
    Last edited by Pure Water; 10-29-2011 at 10:09 PM.

RESULTS.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

ETS
    best stuff I have ever used,
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

I have heard endless praise for Results, go for it!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

RESULTS

You will be stronger and have better workouts.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

I agree, the Results from results(haha) are even more astounding when you aren't already supplementing with creatine, which it appears you are not.
    Consistency
    My Journal

Oops! I forgot to mention that I was going to stop buying the protein powder that I'm buying now and get something from ALN instead (I hear ALN supplements are top of the line and it's good to support ).

I had my eye on the Nitrean, which seems like the best switch. The only thing about it, for me, is that there's only 22g of protein per scoop compared to the protein powder I'm taking now which is 35g per scoop.

The reason why I don't want to get 2 things and why I'm worried about the lower protein amount is because I don't have a lot of money to spend right now.

So with that being said, what should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Water View Post
    Oops! I don't have a lot of money to spend right now.

Definitely, still, RESULTS.

Protein powder is just food. Add a few more eggs, or a steak, or some fish to your daily diet. Good to go.
    Results gives you something you aren't going to get from a regular diet while protein is pretty easy to get.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Oops! I forgot to mention that I was going to stop buying the protein powder that I'm buying now and get something from ALN instead (I hear ALN supplements are top of the line and it's good to support ).

I had my eye on the Nitrean, which seems like the best switch. The only thing about it, for me, is that there's only 22g of protein per scoop compared to the protein powder I'm taking now which is 35g per scoop.

The reason why I don't want to get 2 things and why I'm worried about the lower protein amount is because I don't have a lot of money to spend right now.

First, the serving size is different. According to what you said above the product you are using has a 40g serving size. Nitrean's is 30g. Next, it is my educated opinion that the claim of that product to have 35g of protein per 40g serving is b.s. It is supposed to be a whey isolate, but even so, there are things like ash etc. in all protein powders. With that said, even if their claim is true, it is still just a whey isolate product. Whey isolate is a good form of whey, but any whey-only protein powder is inferior due to the inherent limitations of whey which are its quick absorption and lack of catabolism inhibition. Yes, I know the quick absorption is supposed to be a benefit, and it is, but it is also a limitation because it reduces net retention (the amount of protein your body has available after absorption on a gram for gram basis). Whey also does virtually nothing to block the increased catabolism that occurs after training.

Nitrean and Nitrean+ utilize a protein blend of 3 types of whey, casein, and egg proteins which provide for a superior net retention on a gram for gram basis when compared to any whey only supplement.

So, the bottom line is you can use less Nitrean or Nitrean+ than the competition and get the same or better results.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    First, the serving size is different. According to what you said above the product you are using has a 40g serving size. Nitrean's is 30g. Next, it is my educated opinion that the claim of that product to have 35g of protein per 40g serving is b.s. It is supposed to be a whey isolate, but even so, there are things like ash etc. in all protein powders. With that said, even if their claim is true, it is still just a whey isolate product. Whey isolate is a good form of whey, but any whey-only protein powder is inferior due to the inherent limitations of whey which are its quick absorption and lack of catabolism inhibition. Yes, I know the quick absorption is supposed to be a benefit, and it is, but it is also a limitation because it reduces net retention (the amount of protein your body has available after absorption on a gram for gram basis). Whey also does virtually nothing to block the increased catabolism that occurs after training.

Nitrean and Nitrean+ utilize a protein blend of 3 types of whey, casein, and egg proteins which provide for a superior net retention on a gram for gram basis when compared to any whey only supplement.

So, the bottom line is you can use less Nitrean or Nitrean+ than the competition and get the same or better results.
    Never knew that, thanks for letting me know!!! Do you recommend I swap mine with Nitrean/Nitrean+ or add some extra protein sources to my diet and get Results?

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post

You cool! The information is very interesting. You make me understand.

Never knew that, thanks for letting me know!!! Do you recommend I swap mine with Nitrean/Nitrean+ or add some extra protein sources to my diet and get Results?
    I'm not sure I am clear what you are asking? Are you asking if I think you should get Nitrean/Nitrean+ and RESULTS? If so, and your budget allows it, then yes. If your budget is tight just get RESULTS.

I would do whatever you could to pinch pennies somewhere else and not your supplements. I would with out a doubt get Results and Nitrean + without a doubt man
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Nitrean Plus, BCAA, Multi Plus, Fish Oil, ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    Sling shot
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH