Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So let's get back to some MMA talk in the gen chat. GSP vs Diaz

So let's get back to some MMA talk in the gen chat. GSP vs Diaz

Diaz will make GSP fight and bring the best out of him. When people insult him, ie Matt Sera with his "Frenchy" comments, BJ " to the death Georges" Penn, and Josh " motorboat his ass" Koscheck; he has put on some serious one sided beat downs. Nick always takes the fight to his opponent. What a way to start Superbowl weekend.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Glad you created a thread been meaning to start doing more MMA threads again but I've been lazy about.

Diaz vs GSP is one of my most anticipated matches now. I didn't believe the Diaz hype before UFC 137 but I'm a believer now. I was nothing short of impressed with the way Diaz handled BJ Penn.

I still fully expect GSP to dominate Diaz but at least now Diaz has actually earned a shot at the title unlike before.

I hope they setup and Chael vs Anderson rematch soon as well. From what I'm hearing though Chael still hasn't been cleared to use TRT and the UFC seems to be avoiding the NSAC or CSAC (forget which) when it comes to Chael. I don't want to see Chael fighting for the belt without having had this whole issue resolved.

Personally I just wish they would ban TRT treatment altogether. To many ways to abuse the system.

GSP by superior wrestling. Don't be scared homie.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

If they allow TRT, might as well just allow juice for all. And I am not against that in pro sports anymore.

I saw on the UG belfort and Anderson will be the coaches for the Brazilian ultimate fighter. Don't believe that means they will fight again. Would like to see a chael rematch, a match up with the GSP/Diaz winner, or a Jon jones fight at lhw.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    If they allow TRT, might as well just allow juice for all. And I am not against that in pro sports anymore.

I saw on the UG belfort and Anderson will be the coaches for the Brazilian ultimate fighter. Don't believe that means they will fight again. Would like to see a chael rematch, a match up with the GSP/Diaz winner, or a Jon jones fight at lhw.
    That makes sense for the Ultimate fighter Anderson and Belfort are the biggest stars right now as far as Brazil and MMA goes.

Chael or a Jones fight is what I want to see. If Palhares can string some wins together I'd be interested in that fight as well. Chris Weidman has looked solid as well but he's got a long way to go before he gets to Silva.

Fuck this is another thing I get to do! Hell yea! Sorry, I got Saturday, Sunday, Monday off next year at work, and this thread reminded me I can actually start watching UFC live again.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wannabebig Member
    thiss event wass so hyped

It's pro sports, do you really think the other "clean" athletes are natural too?
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

Wannabe Tank.
    Georges to control and dictate the whole fight. Nick to hold on for dear life and lose 27/30.

UNLESS, like any fighter would know, he gets that lucky shot.

From the BJ Penn fight, Nick showed that he doesnt have any knock out power, just reach and combos including body shots that drain his opponent (just like what happen to Penn).

GSP is clearly better in every aspect. By that I mean every, technical, ground, power, speed, fitness, smarts, stand up...etc you name it.

Nick has a name and appears to be overrated. GSP should win easily. Silva and Sonnon is a far closer match up.

Im excited to see them both, but the GSP fight will end in a clear domination.

Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    They will also be banning weight lifting, so do as much as you can now.

Quote Originally Posted by PatoriaN View Post
    Georges to control and dictate the whole fight. Nick to hold on for dear life and lose 27/30.

UNLESS, like any fighter would know, he gets that lucky shot.

From the BJ Penn fight, Nick showed that he doesnt have any knock out power, just reach and combos including body shots that drain his opponent (just like what happen to Penn).

GSP is clearly better in every aspect. By that I mean every, technical, ground, power, speed, fitness, smarts, stand up...etc you name it.

Nick has a name and appears to be overrated. GSP should win easily. Silva and Sonnon is a far closer match up.

Im excited to see them both, but the GSP fight will end in a clear domination.

Just my opinion.
    Because he couldn't knock out BJ Penn, who Lyoto Machida couldn't knock out; the same Lyoto Machida who made Rashad Evans do the stanky leg; Nick Diaz doesn't have knockout power? Maybe not 1 punch, but Robbie Lawler, Scott Smith, and Paul Daley would all disagree with that assessment.

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by krazylarry View Post
    It's pro sports, do you really think the other "clean" athletes are natural too?
    Maybe not, but rather than have it be illegal, just make it legal to use for everyone.

Just get under the bar!

Maybe not, but rather than have it be illegal, just make it legal to use for everyone.
    Thats what I want too.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

Wannabe Tank.
    Nick Diaz doesn't have knockout power? Maybe not 1 punch
    And thats exactly what I am talking about. 1 punch is very unlikey to happen, particularly against GSP. I doubt very much GSP will stand there and take body shots like BJ did. GSP is known for his speed, ability to close distances and disengage after that lovely jab continuously hits home.

GSP will break his will, make him hisitate, just like he has against many of his opponents, particularly in recent fights.

Again, I just really cant see Nick taking him in any area of the game. Condit "seems" like the better challange, but Diaz is the mouth that people want to see fight.

All im saying is that I expected more from the BJ fight, from all the shit that was being said and skill level shown. Nothing was amazing for the hype that it received.

Now dont take what I have said out of context. They are both ace fighters, but again for the hype, it wasnt special.

GSP is number 1 due to his smarts, just like he does for everyone else, GSP will do his homework and his strategy and technical ability will dominate.

I would rather see Koscheck and Diaz fight, and there I would be gutsy and pick Josh. After some good ol stand and bang!
    Last edited by PatoriaN; 11-11-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Big HW fight tomorrow night on fox. Will be an interesting one. Think Cain has the edge, but also has had a long layoff.

Just get under the bar!

Wannabe Tank.
    Yeah, it should be good! Jnr, couldnt finish Roy from memory!? So I think Cain; if needed should be able to stand with Jnr.

Cain for me!

Should be sick. I want JDS, but I think Cain will take it via wrestling/cardio.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

Wannabe Tank.
    wowa! What can you say about the fight....

Wow. Didn't see that coming.

I knew if Jds won it would be like that. Kongo showed that Cain can be hurt standing and Jds seems yo hurt everyone standing.

Few can recover from a big shot near/behind the ear. That was well timed and brutal.

Physically, Cain looked out of shape, no?

Just get under the bar!

Few can recover from a big shot near/behind the ear. That was well timed and brutal.

Physically, Cain looked out of shape, no?
    He was about 10 pounds over his weight when he fought Lesnar, 249 vs 240, and was going off a year and half lay off...
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

Yea he looked out of shape. That right hand would have ko'd him still. He still looked fast and light on his feet.

That right hand ko's anyone.

Just get under the bar!

Wannabe Tank.
    True, but he kinda always looks like his carrying a little un-useful pounds....

To me he looked nervous and uncomfortable, obviously never had a chance to settle. I think the long break took him off his peak, but no doubt he will be back.

Im very keen to see Mir fight again. He looked insanely good in his last fight. I would think he is a contender now. Right behind Brock and Overeem (as announced, the winner gets a shot).

139 - Silva vs Le, finally in the UFC! Cant wait to see him in action!

Dana White just saw hundreds of millions disappear with that FOX showing. Why did they not at least do 2 different fights? Clay Guida never disappoints with his energy and engine. Leben may get his butt kicked but you know it is going to be a war.

Huge Henderson fan, but he's way past his prime. I hope he wins or at least doesn't embarass himself.

Pertaining to banned substances. You can not train at this level and not have assistance in recovery. When it comes to this type of money, professional athletes are going to do just about anything - it is in their DNA to win at any cost. (Now that is not everyone, but I would wager 80% at least and in MMA I would wager 95%, just because of the nature of the sport).
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.