Thread: temporary workout while traveling

temporary workout while traveling

Im gonna be traveling for 2-4 weeks living out of a motel with no gym. What can I do to lose as little muscle as possible? My diet probably won't be the best either.

You won't lose any muscle in 2-4 weeks. Just take the time to rest up. If you really want to do something you can do some bodyweight stuff like pushups, pullups, situps or find a local gym and see if they'll give you a deal for a few weeks.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

No chance of finding a local gym? Most gyms do a one month membership.

Wannabebig New Member
    Maybe you can try an imaginary treadmill. Pretend that you have a treadmill in your hotel room and start jogging. The idea might be insane but i guess this is better than totally doing nothing at all.
    Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states.
    kickboxing classes | Carle Place Kickboxing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Puffer View Post
    Maybe you can try an imaginary treadmill. Pretend that you have a treadmill in your hotel room and start jogging. The idea might be insane but i guess this is better than totally doing nothing at all.

What??? .... uhhh... well, I do't think the OP asked about cardio...

Quote Originally Posted by yayeti View Post
    Im gonna be traveling for 2-4 weeks living out of a motel with no gym. What can I do to lose as little muscle as possible? My diet probably won't be the best either.
    A couple of weeks out of the gym should not make a huge different in your progress. I would make sure to train with a lot of intensity/volume leading up to the down time.

While you are staying in the hotel you can do body weight exercises such as push-up's (or find a local gym and buy a day pass to do some light full body workouts 1-2 times per week).
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

cool thanks!

Do you know any links to any bodyweight workouts? And possibly any good full body workouts with weights if I do happen to find a gym?

Was in a similar situation a few months ago. Here's what I did:

I took the end-table in the hotel room, flipped it upside-down and pilled some books on it. I then used that to bench press (it was awkward, but it worked). I unplugged the standing lamp and used that to overheadpress and curl. It was that heavy, but I got in a ton of reps. I also used the desk (flipped at 90 degrees), to do some lowerback lifts. Yes, it is ghetto, but if your hotelroom has the right stuff, you can get in a quasi-decent lift.

My wife was with me for some of the trip, and got a kick out of it. And nothing broke
    6'1"/203 (down 12 pounds since 5/2012)
    B: 410
    S: 480
    D: 575
    2-mile run: 13:23