Thread: WOD lynee

GETLEAN

WOD lynee

I know it's 5 rounds for max of bodyweight, but how long do you rest between exercises/rounds

Remind me of the specifics of the WOD? What exercises and for what rep counts?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

GETLEAN
    Quote Originally Posted by mats183 View Post
    It's five rounds of max bodyweight bench press immediately followed by max pullups. Your score is the total reps.
    You can rest as long as you want between rounds but the general rule is 5 minutes. There is no rest allowed between bench and pullups though.
    Thank you, That clears it up

There is no total time limit? That makes no sense. I will have to check over on the CF board.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Yeah, there is no time limit. Often WOD's are left with some flexibility which can be frustrating. I think the flexibility is added so you can alter a WOD to meet a particular training goal.

If I've been sucking at strength, I might want to get a better strength response from certain WODs so with Lynne I might take big breaks between the super sets of bench and chins/pullups. If on the other hand, I'm really strong and benching my bodyweight is easy, I might add a metabolic component by resting only 1-2 minutes between supersets.

Sometimes CF has a WOD like Press 7 sets of 2. No rest periods suggested/defined. You can use this day to find your 2 rep press max or if you want to go Westside, do a dynamic day, resting 45-60 seconds with submax weights for explosive speed.

I think this is where keeping a journal is essential so you know how you beat one performance from the next, especially when you are starting out and can't do all the WOD's as RX'd.

Quote Originally Posted by mats183 View Post
    At the risk of coming off as a baby, I wouldn't answer the question if I didn't know the answer.
    Sure, but how would I know that about you? In other words, probably upwards of 90% of the information passed online is done by people who really don't know for sure. Going forward I will assume you know the answer for sure if you state it.

Here's a couple threads from the CrossFit board that will hopefully clear things up. One of the contributors actually quotes Lynne Pitts (WOD namesake)... You can't beat getting it from the source.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27168 (WFS)
    http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=26283 (WFS)
    Last edited by mike mcgee; 11-07-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    m/37/5'10/194

Back Squat 435lbs
    Shoulder Press 195lbs
    Deadlift 505lbs
    Bench Press 315lb