Thread: Help with Cardio

Second Place = First Loser

Help with Cardio

Ok here is my cardio routine, that I do 5 days a week. First I start off with a little warm up walk (like 5 minutes). I then hit the stair machine, and I do this till I can barely stand anymore, and when I get to that point, I hope on the stationary bike and ride for another 30+ minutes. All in all this takes me about 1hr 15 min. to 1hr 30min. Any suggestions? I dont' really get bored with this (I am doing some really large cutting thats why it is as extensive as it is) but what do you guys think?

that sounds like too much cardio to me. you will see more muscle loss than acceptable on this. i'd say cut down to 30-40 minutes per session, and you will see better muscle retention.

fat loss probably wouldn't change, but you'll think you're progress has slowed because you won't lose so much muscle.

The Bottom Line
    You don't need so much cardio. What I feel is that all you need is cardio 3-4 times a week max, and not counting the warming up, just give yourself 30 minutes on the Treadmill or Stairclimber and throw in EVERYTHING you have with all the intensity. That's good enough. Try doing it with an empty stomach for best fat lost efect, or after weight lifting if you must do them together.

Also make sure your diet is good.
    Change is good.

Wannabebig Member
    that is alot of cardio... you can break that down in half and get better results with this.... get on a treadmill for 30 minutes.. walk for 2 minutes..sprint for 2 minutes.. and then walk for 3 minutes and then sprint for 3 minutes..always on your sprint increase the speed of the treadmill... after 30 minutes..you will be done..