Thread: Need a belt

Need a belt

I would like to know if anybody has an opinion of the following belts

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt....RBELT_BUCKLE13

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt....ERBELT_LEVER13

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=299&pid=3495

I used my friends Inzer Lever belt today and it was awesome!! I don't really need the adjustability of a prong vs. the lever since I typically workout by myself in the garage. Does anybody have the Elite FTS belt? What about the 10mm vs a 13mm? I'm 175# and squat and deadlift around 300# right now. From what I've read the lever is the way to go and I probably only need a 10mm. Is Inzer as horrible to order from as I've read online? Any other belts to check out?

Thanks
    if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    I had an Inzer when I was fatter and wore thicker gear.... it took forever to get here, but was okay once it broke in.

In 2009 I spent a little more money and bought a "Bobs Belt" .... google them..... they made me a belt to my exact waist size with extra holes so that I can wear it over full gear at my maximum bloat and also when I am trim and skinny and lifting raw, and I got to pick the colors etc.... the roller on the buckle is top notch too with no seam...... the levers seem good too, but I don't own one. Because it was custom made it took a good 6 weeks to get here but was well worth it.

If you want off the shelf though ( and that's fine too)..... elite fts had a lever belt in their clearance section as of this morning for under $50, and their belts are at least as good as Inzer's.
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    I have an Inzer Forever 10mm two prong belt and I weigh 180 lbs. I had the same dilemma as you did with the thickness of the belt. To me, it was more of a question of "will 3 extra millimeters really make that much of a difference?"

My official answer is: I don't know. As my belt is my first and only (so far) belt purchase I've ever made, it is hard to theorycraft what having a 13mm would be like in comparison to the thinner 10mm. Now, I could imagine it just being stiffer, which would probably be better for a bigger guy, but my belt does what I need it to, and that's to provide a wall for my abdominals to press up against to keep my torso tight.

Some people might suggest a single prong over a double because "getting a double prong belt off is a pain in the ass." I own a double, and I never have had an issue with taking it off. Before I even wore the thing, I did roll it and break it down so it would be easier to get on/off, but I feel that is just something most belt owners do anyway. I've heard people driving their car tires over their belts. IDK. To me, a double prong is an aesthetic feature (as well as helps distribute the pressure from the prongs onto the holes.)

In regards to Inzers delivery time n such...I didn't have a nightmare story like some. Perhaps it's because I ordered a black belt, but mine came within a week.

There is part of me that wants a lever belt. I have a 32" waist and I ordered a medium belt from Inzer - I get to the 5th hole (of 9)
    Last edited by thecityalive; 11-08-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

I am a bigger guy (315ish LB) and I had a 13mm lever (Inzer) and it was very thick and it hurt my sides when I deadlifted in it. I went with a 10mm 1prong (also inzer, black) and I love it. I have gotten a lot of stuff from Inzer. The only time I had horror stories is when I was buying Gear (shirts and suite). However off the rack belts usually ship in a couple days.

My friend had a 10mm lever and the hook notches actually ripped after about 5mo and Inzer would not warranty it. That is the only issue I have heard of.

For your size and strength abilities, a single prong 10mm is all you need.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

10mm I find a little better to pull in, but i prefer the 13mm for full geared squats. At your strength 10mm will be fine though. Just get a singleprog they are easier to use.
    Last edited by SELK; 11-09-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    960/530/749 @ 242
    903/524/738 @ 220

Yeah. I'd get a single prong 10mm for now. It will cover all of your needs. Later as you are squatting more you may want to add a 13mm belt to your equipment stock. The 10mm will still be there for pulling and benching and will be more comfortable for those lifts. I have had double prongs in the past and hate them. I have both single prong and lever belts but prefer my single prongs.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

there's a guy with an Elite FTS 13mm single prong for sale on the CF board that I'm going to get (he only wants $30 + shipping). If something falls through with that I'll get the 10mm Lever just for ease of use. Thanks for all the advice.
    if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    there's a guy with an Elite FTS 13mm single prong for sale on the CF board that I'm going to get (he only wants $30 + shipping). If something falls through with that I'll get the 10mm Lever just for ease of use. Thanks for all the advice.
    Can't beat that. I have that belt and it is everything I can ask for. Took a long time to break in though.