The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

anyone use this power bar?

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...cid=444&pid=21

I am in the market for a new barbell and I am in between this and the Texas Power bar. I am trying to be economically smart but I also want quality. Anyone have experience with this bar?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Dr. Subtotal
    Appears to be a black-oxide finish and since Elite is pretty expensive, that price makes me skeptical. Don't buy anything unless you know the manufacturer. Jesup power bars are a decent option for the economically-tight powerlifter. The Buddy Capp power bar is a good option too.

Barbells are something that may be worth the extra cash, since you're paying for something that will serve you for many, many years. You don't want something with cheap knurling, materials, welding, or finish.
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132318

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...

I have a Jesup Power bar and I think it is decent on Squats and Bench but I am not a fan on the deadlift so I am looking for a good all around bar. Thanks for the input.

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Call their customer support for a brand. I'm sure the gal behind the desk will be able to help you. Texas bars ARE pretty good (hell the rec I train at has the entire weight room fitted with black Texas bars).
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Dr. Subtotal
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwill727 View Post
    I have a Jesup Power bar and I think it is decent on Squats and Bench but I am not a fan on the deadlift so I am looking for a good all around bar. Thanks for the input.
    It's hard to find a good cheap all around bar. Theres a reason DL bars are used in meets. In meets I competed in that only use one bar, you're always going to go with a non-whippy rigid bar for squats and benching. And then your DL suffers.

I think the Texas bar is your best bet. You're still not going to pull as much as with a DL bar but it's a good value.
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132318

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...

There is an upside to using a stiff bar to DL. It'll really build your strength off the floor. The Jesup is a little thicker too, so your grip strength will be awesome on a DL bar.
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

I learned the hard way that you get what you pay for in regards to Barbells.

I made the move to a Texas powerbar for my home and love it. Next purchase will be a deadlift specific bar.

I have a jesup bar and its great for the money, I am pretty convinced its stiffer then a texas squat bar. For deadlifts I just use a cheap old bar because the jesup is way to sharp.

I don't remember what I paid for the Jesup, but it was cheap. The only downside to it is that since its just a 7 foot bar if you want to go past about 980 you need 100lbs plates. Ive taken it to 900ish many times and surprisingly it doesn't just turn into a noodle like most bars.
    960/530/749 @ 242
    903/524/738 @ 220

Great to stumble onto this thread as I am having issues currently with a bar I purchased from New York Barbell supposedly rated at 1500lb that is bent so bad that it makes squatting difficult once you get above 585. I was considering the Jesup bar Selk mentioned earlier because for the money and considering the reviews I hear it can't be beat for typical squat work. The Texas Power bar is really good but more expensive, which may be the deciding factor for me.

Currently Jesup has their bar listed for 185.00 delivered, that is a sweet price based on the reviews.
    Last edited by blong; 11-28-2011 at 06:29 PM.