Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Bombdog Mortimer

Great session Justin. Im thinking 550, 600, 615-20. Should be about right.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #4 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 700/425/615
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

I'm guessing you like the ACE better then the JACK?
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    705SQ, 457BP, 749DL and 1912 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Damn! Impressive benching, smokin it
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

My Journal

Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

Wow dude, very nice on the bench!

LuNa
    Impressive benching JM. Its amazing to see the amount of weight you are throwing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    Great session Justin. Im thinking 550, 600, 615-20. Should be about right.
    Cheers B. That looks good. Just need to get the 600 out of the way first, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    I'm guessing you like the ACE better then the JACK?
    Its not that I like it better. Its just that the jack is a 56 and the ace is a 54. The 56 is just far too big on me.

Quote Originally Posted by HJP View Post
    Damn! Impressive benching, smokin it
    Thanks mate. Not far out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Wow dude, very nice on the bench!
    Cheers Terry!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Impressive benching JM. Its amazing to see the amount of weight you are throwing around.
    Thanks Luna. Strange that its never enough, lol.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Squat Training - 4th May

*oh squats
    *pvc pipe rolling
    *deep heat

Squat
    parallel box
    165x10
    275x5
    briefs
    385x3
    506x1
    616x1
    no box
    616x1
    506x1

Leg Press
    plate weight
    550x10
    660x5
    660x5
    550x10

Hypers
    BWx15
    against mini band
    x15 (x2)

Notes: Not great squatting but I was just trying to find my way in some new Predators. They are definitley more stoppy than the Jack briefs.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Upper Back / Bench Accessory - 5th May

*deep heat
    *band dislocates
    *static stretching
    *HS chest press x50

Decline Bench
    132x20 (x3)

Ghetto T barssingle arm/ across body
    132x10 (x4) each arm

Low Rows
    to belly
    4x10

BB Shrugs
    308x20 (x3)

Rear Delt Cables
    3x10 each side

Tri Pressdowns / DB Side Laterals
    3x10 each

DB Hammers
    3x10

Notes: Decline pressing was just to get some blood moving. I didnt want to do anything that would aggrevate my right pec and shoulder.

Deadlift Training - 7th May

*PVC Rolling
    *static stretching
    *squats

Conventional Deadlift
    154x10
    264x3
    374x3
    506x1
    suit on
    550x1
    616x1

Speed Pulls
    against quaded mini bands
    308+bands x3 (x6)

Leg Ext
    3x20

Notes: Just worked up to 616 which is my opener for the NEC on 19th May. It moved ok. Heres a quick vid of it...

Video

I want a beard
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

I want a beard
    The strength giving properties of a beard are better than any supplement I have ever tried....just sayin'

Solid opener Justin....and I agree with BC on the beard.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    705SQ, 457BP, 749DL and 1912 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Killer training, super squats and deads.

Someone looking for me? LOL

Hey dude, do me a favor and email me the following things to Barbaccio AT gmail DOT com.
    1) Best Squat/Bench/Deadlift
    2) How many weeks till your next meet.
    3) Do you squat/dead on the same day?
    4) Things you've done in training that you like/don't like.
    5) Are you a singles/doubles guy or a rep guy?

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Beast!!!!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Strong as work!! Love the beard also man haha
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

My Journal

Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Solid opener Justin....and I agree with BC on the beard.
    Thanks Hopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Killer training, super squats and deads.
    Cheers Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    Someone looking for me? LOL

Hey dude, do me a favor and email me the following things to Barbaccio AT gmail DOT com.
    1) Best Squat/Bench/Deadlift
    2) How many weeks till your next meet.
    3) Do you squat/dead on the same day?
    4) Things you've done in training that you like/don't like.
    5) Are you a singles/doubles guy or a rep guy?
    Yessir, DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Beast!!!!!
    LOL, cheers Nick

Quote Originally Posted by HJP View Post
    Strong as work!! Love the beard also man haha
    Cheers dood. My wife isnt so fussed :-/

Fuckin hell, you've become a beast dude. Havent been in here in a long time and the changes are pretty damn dramatic in your appearance and training. Keep chuggin dude! BTW- how are the shoulders doing? Is that all resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    Fuckin hell, you've become a beast dude. Havent been in here in a long time and the changes are pretty damn dramatic in your appearance and training. Keep chuggin dude! BTW- how are the shoulders doing? Is that all resolved?
    Hey John, thanks for checking in!! You remembered about the shoulders, damn I must have moaned a lot, lol. Ever since they both went in November I just havent had them same confidence when working raw. Then at my last comp something popped in my right pec/shoulder that has left a lump just near the armpit. No idea what it is. Again, I can bench with a shirt on but raw is weak. I think there is prob a fair bit of scar tissue in them. Lots of noise coming from them but I know what hurts them and what doesnt so I kind of just work around. I got a sling shot and it has helped a lot. I am trying to address them a little better these days though. They are way out of whack in that when I lay down and put my arms above my head, my right arm can lay flat on the ground and my left just hovers about 4'' above. Weird but I think this may be from deadlifting. I really dont know.

Justin-You ever play around with Lacrosse balls (the actual balls, not the players balls)? I think it was luna that posted a link to mobilitywod.com and I started watching those vids and the dude in the vids was a big supporter of using lacrosse balls to massage out muscles/tissue. I gave it a shot before/during/after benching and my shoulder issues have improved greatly. If you havent already, give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    Justin-You ever play around with Lacrosse balls (the actual balls, not the players balls)? I think it was luna that posted a link to mobilitywod.com and I started watching those vids and the dude in the vids was a big supporter of using lacrosse balls to massage out muscles/tissue. I gave it a shot before/during/after benching and my shoulder issues have improved greatly. If you havent already, give it a shot!
    LMAO.....not the players balls? Dang, I was doin it wrong

Funny I had just asked Tone Barbaccio about shoulder mobilty/health today and he explained he had been using the lacrosse ball. I have been using a field hockey ball which is similar. I dont do it everyday and I am now thinking consistency is key. I have just been doing it on training days and probably not nearly long enough.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am 9 days out from comp and I need to keep loose.Actually, make that 'get loose'.....Im like a frikkin geriatric.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by -JM- View Post
    LMAO.....not the players balls? Dang, I was doin it wrong

Funny I had just asked Tone Barbaccio about shoulder mobilty/health today and he explained he had been using the lacrosse ball. I have been using a field hockey ball which is similar. I dont do it everyday and I am now thinking consistency is key. I have just been doing it on training days and probably not nearly long enough.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am 9 days out from comp and I need to keep loose.Actually, make that 'get loose'.....Im like a frikkin geriatric.
    The mobilitywod website is pretty damn great for all sorts of prehab movements. I did read though that you dont want to over do it with the lacrossebal, but instead use a combination of rolling and stretches.

Training looks great. Im going to echo everyone else, that is one badass beard.

Body Power Expo 2012 - Push / Pull

I went into this comp on short notice (4 weeks) and it showed. I weighed in very light and was really just overwhelmed by the whole experience.

Some unreal lifting going on. The 220s and 242s were def the most competitive classes. 700lb benches and 800+ pulls were going on all over the place. I just constantly thought, ''how am I even here?''

Anyway, I saw and met loads of great people. Some of the pro bbers are HUGE in real life. Phil Heath, Branch Warren, Ronnie Coleman, Flex lewis etc but one stood out.....Evan Centopani. He is a freaking monster. Im sure even the other BBers were a bit taken back by his stature. Jay Cutler was there but I believe he is just recovering from some biceps surgery. He def looked more 'normal' than the others if you can say that.

In terms of my own lifting well, I only got my openers. I weighed in at a light 226. I loaded up on carbs and salt and over did it slightly I think. I didnt feel good at all. The warm up room area was a nightmare. The crowd was 3 deep at the railings and that was just to watch the WU area. One of the WU benches was terrible and naturally, nobody at all used it. The weights climbed very quickly and as I was handing out and helping one of my training partners in the first flight, the first weight I held was 308. Far from ideal and probably not a shock that I got hurt eventually. The atmosphere was insane. The 'Powerzone' had the biggest draw as they said it would.

Bench
    1st - 550 Miss... Took forever to touch, shot up to about a 4 board and then lost it behind me.

2nd - 550 Good. Awful hand out as left side spotter decided to lift out too. doh! Managed to settle it, pulled it an a pressed it real ugly like. Scrappy as shit. In the vid you can see I am actually laughing as I sat up. Not because I got the lift but just at the whole situation.

3rd - 600 Miss.. Prob best looking in terms of getting it down but I blew my right shoulder (again) at about 3 board height and I couldnt press anymore.

Deadlifts
    1st - 616 Good. You can see in the vid that I go to swing my arms up just to position the straps higher but I cant raise my right arm very much.

2nd - 660 Miss at knees. Bar just slipped out of left hand.

3rd - Pass. My shoulder was agony. Couldnt even raise my arm and I wasnt going to aggrevate it even more.

I have a good 15 weeks now until my next meet. First things are to heal up and gain some solid mass. I will be walking around at 253.

Here are the vids of my openers. I will upload the other vids if I get a chance later.

Video

Video

A great outing Justin! I know its not what you were looking for, but on such short notice, and weighing in light ( 226??) be proud of yourself. Sounds like it was an awesome venue with all the big names hanging out. Hope the shoulder isnt too bad. Plenty of time to rest and get ready for the next one. We are both going to hit our numbers by year end, im sure of it!
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

A great outing Justin! I know its not what you were looking for, but on such short notice, and weighing in light ( 226??) be proud of yourself. Sounds like it was an awesome venue with all the big names hanging out. Hope the shoulder isnt too bad. Plenty of time to rest and get ready for the next one. We are both going to hit our numbers by year end, im sure of it!
    Cheers Brian. In all honesty I couldnt care less about those numbers. I hit better at my last full meet. I actually felt like I bombed lol.

Yeah, 226 lol. I just let the weight drift off me and I made no efforts to get it back over the last few weeks. Then I dehydrated a bit and just went in light as possible to get a better formula. Got my weight back up to 235ish but I felt like a bag of watery shit.