Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Bombdog Mortimer

Christ Ive missed some sessions in here. Great stuff buddy. I started Carb back loading too, but skipped the preparation phase. I didnt want to drop weight too fast, but im down 6 lbs already in 5 days. I actually feel stronger training in the morning with nothing but coffee in me, and carb loading the night before. Geat results for you so far. Whats your goal weight?
    Thanks B. I have no clue about nutrition and in fact I am only realsing things now having read the CBL book that I prob should have known long ago. I finish the 10 day prep phase tomorrow and I honestly have to say I feel a lot better than I did over the weekend. I imagine I am actually now using fat for energy. BW as of this morning was 219.78....first time being below 220 in at least three years. My goal weight is 253lbs (115kgs). I want to fill out the 242s properly and be competitive. Carrying a lot of excess useless fatty bloated weight does nothing for me. I put my best ever total in at my lightest ever body weight in April. Its a no brainer for me. What weight are you aiming for bud? 6lbs in 5 days is gradual enough. Mostly water probably. The training fasted or carb depleted was my biggest worry but you know what, nothing to it but to do it

This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by -JM- View Post
    Thanks B. I have no clue about nutrition and in fact I am only realsing things now having read the CBL book that I prob should have known long ago. I finish the 10 day prep phase tomorrow and I honestly have to say I feel a lot better than I did over the weekend. I imagine I am actually now using fat for energy. BW as of this morning was 219.78....first time being below 220 in at least three years. My goal weight is 253lbs (115kgs). I want to fill out the 242s properly and be competitive. Carrying a lot of excess useless fatty bloated weight does nothing for me. I put my best ever total in at my lightest ever body weight in April. Its a no brainer for me. What weight are you aiming for bud? 6lbs in 5 days is gradual enough. Mostly water probably. The training fasted or carb depleted was my biggest worry but you know what, nothing to it but to do it
    My loss is definately mostly water weight, so nothing permanent. Im taking it gradual just to lose fatty weight and get down to the 205 area. Ill see how I feel once there whether I will build back up to 215 /220 area or stay lighter and go after a 198 pro title. So far though I have been training in the morning and liked the fasted training. Now ill be training in the afternoon(work reasons) for 2 weeks, so ill see how it differs.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    My loss is definately mostly water weight, so nothing permanent. Im taking it gradual just to lose fatty weight and get down to the 205 area. Ill see how I feel once there whether I will build back up to 215 /220 area or stay lighter and go after a 198 pro title. So far though I have been training in the morning and liked the fasted training. Now ill be training in the afternoon(work reasons) for 2 weeks, so ill see how it differs.
    Well, good luck Bri. I look forward to seeeing your results. I would love to see your carb loads since you dusted 20 hotdogs. EPIC!
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Bench Training | 30th May

*pvc rolling
    *hockey ball rolling
    *oh squats
    *band stretches

Bench
    Barx30
    154x10
    220x5
    264x5
    308x3
    shirt
    374x3 - 3b
    440x3 - 2b
    506x1 - 1b
    550x1 - 1b

*didnt do a back off triple as planned and just took the shirt off at this point as my right shoulder was getting very painful after the 506 set.The lockout was dodgy on my right arm with the 550.

Floor Press
    Bar+132lb chains x10
    132+132lb chains x5
    182+132lb chains x5 (x4)

* these were easy but I didnt want to aggrevate my shoulder more than I had too.

....and out the door to get home for my first carb load. I drank a PWO shake of 50g protein, 100g carbs, 3g leucine and 5g creatine. Exactly an hour after this I had a large handmade pizza with bbq sauce, spicy chicken and mushrooms followed by a peanut butter ice cream milkshake. My stomach isnt used to this volume of food and it was the first time in ten days I have felt 'full'. I nearly fell asleep on the sofa, it was great. I went to bed TIRED. I was up nearly 2lbs this morning since yesterday. I will regain some of my water weight quite quickly. I will not be doing the pizza thing much though. I think steak and mash will be on the menu after squatting tomorrow night, followed by as many bowls of ''curiously cinnamons'' as I can manage

Steak and mash!!!!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Definitely go with the steak and mash!!! I've been thinking about doing CBL, but my schedule is weird. I do all my training @ 9am. I'm going to look into it a little more and see what I find.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Steak and mash!!!!!
    No contest my man, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Definitely go with the steak and mash!!! I've been thinking about doing CBL, but my schedule is weird. I do all my training @ 9am. I'm going to look into it a little more and see what I find.
    Thats fine! 9am training is not ideal but it can be done. The worst part is the 10 day prep phase of pretty much zero carbs for ten days straight.

Steak and mash reminds me of Little Britain/USA.

BTW-Lifting is looking awesome dude. Sorry to hear the meet wasnt what you'd hoped for but still rocked it IMO and more experience under your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    Steak and mash reminds me of Little Britain/USA.

BTW-Lifting is looking awesome dude. Sorry to hear the meet wasnt what you'd hoped for but still rocked it IMO and more experience under your belt.
    LOL..Thanks John. I didnt even know that a USA little Britain show existed. Those two are hilarious.

Squat Training | 1st June

Free Squat
    worked to 616 in briefs

*briefs are hanging on me with the weight loss.

Leg Press
    550x5x5

Hypers
    4x15 w/ 22lbs behind head

Pulldown Abs

Notes: Didnt get a lot of work in but the 616 was a gift even though my kit is very loose.

Bench Accessory / Upper Back | 2nd June

Speed Bench
    176+DMs x3 (x6)
    220+DMs x3
    264+DMs x3 w/ sling shot

Seated DB Shoulder Press
    66sx10
    84sx6
    88sx6
    96sx6

VBar Row to belly
    4x10 heavy

WG Lat Pulldowns
    4x8

BB Shrugs
    3x20 w/ 308

DB Side Laterals
    3x12 each side

Notes: Bands definitely hurt my elbows...

Deadlift Training | 4th June

*pvc rolling
    *oh band box squats
    *facepulls

Deadlift Raw/belt only
    154x10
    264x5
    374x3
    484x3
    506x1
    506+132lbs chain x1 (x8)
    506+132lbs chain x2

Front Squats
    220x5 (x2)

KB Swings
    3x20

Leg Ext/Leg Curls
    4x15 each

Kneeling Pulldown Abs
    3x15

Notes: This was a lot of volume on deadlift which is much different than I am used to. The front squats gave me an intense sicatic pain on my LHS so I stopped them.

Strong deadlifts.

Doesn't sounds fun on the front squats, strong deads tho JM
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

My Journal

Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

Strong pulls bro!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Glad to see the continuously awesome training.

Squat Training - 22nd June

*rolling
    *band stretching

Free Squat
    barx?
    176x10
    286x10
    add strong bands (~200lbs)
    briefs
    286+bands x2
    396+bands x2
    suit bottoms
    506+bands x2 (x6)

Hypers
    BWx15
    +15kg behind head x10 (x4)

Leg Ext
    3x20

Kneeling Pulldown Abs
    4x15

Notes: I got home on Friday at 4.20pm after 24hrs of travelling. I was in the gym for 6.30pm so I didnt expect much but this turned out ok.

Bench Accessory / Upper Back - 23rd June

Incline bench
    barx30
    132x10
    176x10
    220x5
    264x5
    308x3 - stopped before I hurt my chest again as it was starting to pinch.

Seated DB Shoulder Press
    70sx10
    80sx6
    85sx6
    90sx6

Med Inc Tate Press
    45sx15 (x3)

Low Row to Belly
    5x10

DB Rows
    strapless
    100sx10 (x4 each side)

BB Shrugs / Rope Uprows
    3x20 / 3x10

Standing Rear Delt Cables
    3x15 each side

Notes: Whilst I think my left pec is healing up well, I didnt want to hammer it when I started to feel it getting uncomfortable. It is still sitting proud at the clavical. Lots of hard lumps. Even sneezing can set it off.

Deadlift Training - 25th June

*band stretching
    *lying leg curls

Raw Conv Deadlift
    154x10
    264x5
    add 120lbs chain
    264+chains x2
    374+chains x2
    belt
    506+chains x2 (x4)
    462+chains x2 (x2)

Leg Press
    5x10

Lying Leg Curls
    3x10

Standing Pulldowns Abs
    3x15

Notes: This was brutal. I have been carb back loading since mid may but in the last two weeks while on holiday I fell off the wagon towards the end and I think my body will need time to adapt no carbs pre training again. Todays session just felt f*cking horrible and my first four work sets were the wrong weight. The fourth set reps were knee shakers, my form was all out of whack and I didnt know wtf was happening. I mean I was going at it but I just had nothing. The last two sets moved much better at the slightly lighter weight. Head melter.

LuNa
    Awesome to see another person switching to CBL. I have been doing CBL since March and so far am loving it. Havent been hungry, as i was on previous diets, and so far lost a little over 20lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Awesome to see another person switching to CBL. I have been doing CBL since March and so far am loving it. Havent been hungry, as i was on previous diets, and so far lost a little over 20lbs.
    Congrats mate, thats great going. The thing is, I am trying GAIN weight on it. Not easy so far but I will get there

Can't be easy training on those low carb days. Strong work in there though, 308 incline press is good work bro! And those DB shoulder presses. solid! Look after that pec
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

My Journal

Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HJP View Post
    Can't be easy training on those low carb days. Strong work in there though, 308 incline press is good work bro! And those DB shoulder presses. solid! Look after that pec
    Its no so bad tbh which is a good thing because everyday is ultra low carb whether training or not. Only gte to smash carbs post training. The problem yesterday was just that my body isnt used to it after binging whilst on holiday

Thanks mate. I need to round up all these silly little injuries and get working on them properly.

Vid of Friday's squattin'....

Video

How was your vacation/visit? Impressive in the squat vid and overall Justin.