Thread: to all those who say cardio is bad.

to all those who say cardio is bad.

im having trouble getting into ketosis, so i am going to start doing cardio to deplete muscle glycogen on monday in tuesday. my goal isn't to use cardio to burn fat, but muscle glycogen.

i dont like doing cardio because it is catabolic, but out of these three choices which would lead to the last amount of muscle loss?

1. Do 10 min light cardio BEFORE working out on monday and tuesday.

2. Do 10 minutes of light cardio AFTER working out on monday and tuesday (im guessing this is the worst time to do it).

3. Do 10 minutes of light cardio some time during the day not close to the time when i workout, evening for example.

lyle suggests 10 min before and after each workout, and a circuit type workout after all heavy sets are done on monday and tuesday (1 light set of each exercise). I dont see how the postworkout cardio can do any good, isn't this just prolonging the catabolic state your body is in? I would think taking a shake immediatley after hiting the weights, then doing the cardio later is a better choice. Same with the circuit, i am skipping it all togeather so i can just get my shake and stop muscle tissue breakdown.
    Last edited by the_hall; 05-28-2002 at 04:52 PM.
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    ok i put out a lot of cardio, like 1 hr a day, between it all, and i still get pretty darn good gains.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

After working out would be the best choice, that way your glycogen levels will already be low.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

will already low glycogen levels help me burn more additional glycogen though, as opposed to later in the day?

Also, since my body is already catabolic, wouldn't this lead to more muscle breakdown? i want to deplete my glycogen to get into ketosis, but not at the sacrifice of muscle.
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

Chasey how did you get so lean, gimme some tips.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.