Thread: Shoulder Injury, doing shoulder presses.. help

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Shoulder Injury, doing shoulder presses.. help

Hey so i had this injury about 2 months ago, was in the gym doing shoulder press with 40s 8 reps and on the 5-6 rep i felt my left shoulder move in a weird way not a crack,rip or anything it just moved weird, i continued, next set lowered my weight and this time i felt it TWICE on about the 3 rep and then again on 5 rep or something after that my shoulder hurt, tried to do one more set of the next exercise but i thought about it and i called it a day, next day i barely could put my arm in shoulder press position because of the pain, 1-2 weeks later pain went down, but it still hurt pushups, pullups, etc... its been about 2 months now, and through careful rehab exercises i did the first month and then some safe training i did, during the 2 month like my routine went like this chest and shoulder 2 rest days in which i did jump rope/abs, back and biceps, rest day, triceps, rest day, legs, rest day i did abs during the rest days, i chose exercises carefully and i am not pushing myself to the max yet hopefully will be fine after Christmas, my shoulder i feel its about 90 percent healed im still being careful, this week it'll be my "recovery week" in which im only doing legs and abs and some stretching. So i don't know what do you think..

I would have a doctor look at it. Maybe an MRI just to be on the safe side.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-RAS03 View Post
    I would have a doctor look at it. Maybe an MRI just to be on the safe side.
    Also i forgot to mention that my ROM is still the same, my shoulder only hurts lets say emm, on pullups it hurts when doing overhand grip at the top position sometimes but it doesn't when doing chin ups (underhand), sometimes it hurts at shoulder press position if my arm is a little far back but if i bring it a little forward its gone, if when doing external rotation i go to far out it starts to hurt but we are talking about pain in a 1-10 scale its less than 1 sometimes it gets to 1 nothing extremely painful compared to when it started hurting 2 months ago.
    Last edited by wasep11; 12-11-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wasep11 View Post
    Also i forgot to mention that my ROM is still the same, my shoulder only hurts lets say emm, on pullups it hurts when doing overhand grip at the top position sometimes but it doesn't when doing chin ups (underhand), sometimes it hurts at shoulder press position if my arm is a little far back but if i bring it a little forward its gone, if when doing external rotation i go to far out it starts to hurt but we are talking about pain in a 1-10 scale its less than 1 sometimes it gets to 1 nothing extremely painful compared to when it started hurting 2 months ago.
    Overhand pull ups use more of your shoulder than using underhand chin ups. It could be nothing and completly go away since your at a 1 now just keep an eye on it. If it gets bad again I would go to a doctor.

Wannabebig New Member
    Overhand pull ups use more of your shoulder than using underhand chin ups. It could be nothing and completly go away since your at a 1 now just keep an eye on it. If it gets bad again I would go to a doctor.
    Yep, hey to me a little more specific here are some photos http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ewoftorso.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/shoulderk.jpg/

of where it hurts, sometimes i get this stingy pain, sometimes its just discomfort i don't know if it is because its part of the healing or i don't know lol. Also this kind of strecth hurts http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-x4kPG46eXh...stretching.jpg pain acutally goes up to like a 2 2 and half MAYBE 3 if i do it really hard.
    Last edited by wasep11; 12-12-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Sorry to tell to you but your not going to be able to get an exact answer here. You would have to be examined. You could of just torn or over streched a muscle. Not sure if you feel pain that low with a rotator cuff problem.

Wannabebig New Member
    Sorry to tell to you but your not going to be able to get an exact answer here. You would have to be examined. You could of just torn or over streched a muscle. Not sure if you feel pain that low with a rotator cuff problem.
    Completely understand that, just wanted to get some opinions

Cut all pullups/chinups. It is terrible if you have a precondition on the acromium/clavicular zone.
    Try to really pinch your shoulder blades together while you bench press and don't do any kind of shoulder protraction.
    Google Shoulder Savers on the net. It is very useful.