Thread: Eating For People With Fast Metabolism

Eating For People With Fast Metabolism

I only weigh about 184 lbs with just some food and water and I have to eat 4000+ calories a day to maintain my weight and keep a little bit extra fat on my body, I am 6 3' and 15 years old. I wanted to ask how many of you that I'm sure of eat much more than me do it without killing too much time. I don't take any mass gainers or protein powders, just milk, meat, and some cheese sometimes to meet my protein needs. Any of you eat clean calorie foods for the most part? I spend over an hour a day eating at home and I eat twice at school almost every school day but it still seems difficult to add 2-3 lbs of fat with all of this food. I train my upper body most of the time and some legs (no squats and deads) until I get my back treated so I am not exactly in need of eating as much as I will once I start doing full body powerlifting training again.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderous View Post
    I only weigh about 184 lbs with just some food and water and I have to eat 4000+ calories a day to maintain my weight and keep a little bit extra fat on my body, I am 6 3' and 15 years old. I wanted to ask how many of you that I'm sure of eat much more than me do it without killing too much time. I don't take any mass gainers or protein powders, just milk, meat, and some cheese sometimes to meet my protein needs. Any of you eat clean calorie foods for the most part? I spend over an hour a day eating at home and I eat twice at school almost every school day but it still seems difficult to add 2-3 lbs of fat with all of this food. I train my upper body most of the time and some legs (no squats and deads) until I get my back treated so I am not exactly in need of eating as much as I will once I start doing full body powerlifting training again.
    To be honest IMHO, to get strong you don't have to stuff your face till you puke. I think this mass eating thing is really for extreme ectomorphs.

Just eat 3 SOLID meals a day with a couple of protein drinks with some amino acids.

A solid meal would be say, steak and mashed potato, a pizza, pasta oozing with cheese. ETC.

Forget boiled chicken breasts with rice.
    Last edited by patricky; 12-18-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Best lifts: 245kg deadlift, 162kg Front Squat, 145kg bench, 105kg log press, 250kg yoke carry, 115kg farmers, No. 2.5 Captains of crush

Try bumping your caloric intake up 500-700 calories a day and see what happens.

Are you sure you're getting in 4k every day? That's a lot of food. But not completely impossible for a teenager to be eating and not growing on.

If you don't want to take protein powders or weight gainers, that's certainly your choice, but you're just making it more difficult on yourself. I had one kid in my gym who was your same age. He needed to gain size for football and try as we might, the gains came incredibly slow. I'm talking like a pound every 3-4months.

So I put him on Maximus and he's gone from 145 this past June to now being a lean 173. Obviously it's impossible that all that was lean but the point is that it simplifies your life a little. You don't have to spend an hour eating at home. Take 2min out of your day and drink it IN ADDITION to your normal eating. The biggest mistake most kids make is that they live on weight gainers or protein shakes and wonder why they don't gain. You have to supplement your normal intake with this stuff.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Banned
    At 15 years old, the last thing you should ever be wasting your time on is counting calories. Man up and eat some food. Of course it's tough for you to gain weight. You're a teenager in the midst of a growth spurt. If you want to gain weight, you have to eat. If you don't like that, then I'd suggest you find another goal/hobby.

Eat your face off and then drink a big protein shake when you're done. Do this 3 times a day and you'll be fine. No matter how you slice it, gaining weight is hard work. Deal with it.

Ok, guess I'll stick with it. I do cook my own food a lot (pasta with mozarrela melted, boiled eggs, microwaving frozen foods e.t.c.) but I suppose I'll just continue eating.

Don't some people swear by drinking a gallon of milk a day? I don't know how well it works, but it seems like a buttload of calories along with a fair amount of protein.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Don't some people swear by drinking a gallon of milk a day? I don't know how well it works, but it seems like a buttload of calories along with a fair amount of protein.
    Used to do that when I was still doing squats and deads and training my back and legs hard. It was much of a hassle to meet the demands but the diarhea you get from drinking too much milk without food was a thing you had to be cautious about. Might revert to GOMAD, just not at this moment as I am still drinking over half a gallon of milk a day currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderous View Post
    Used to do that when I was still doing squats and deads and training my back and legs hard. It was much of a hassle to meet the demands but the diarhea you get from drinking too much milk without food was a thing you had to be cautious about. Might revert to GOMAD, just not at this moment as I am still drinking over half a gallon of milk a day currently.
    The gallon of milk a day should be on top of your food. Not instead of. How come you dont deadlift, squat or train your back? Lots of food and big movements are what you really need to get bigger and stronger.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    Part of it might be that you really haven't finished puberty yet. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but if you are a late bloomer it might just be that. I was.

It could also just be that you are ONLY TRAINING YOUR UPPER BODY.... no reason not to do some leg work even if a back injury(???) is stopping you from squatting..... how much of your weight do you think is carried in your legs? On top of that think about how hard you are taking your body. You could do nothing but squat and your arms would grow just from the nervous system stress.

After that just the usual weight gain advise: make friends with a good chinese buffet, eat a few cups of peanut butter a day, learn to LOVE eggs.

For me to maintain at 320# I eat between 4000 and 6000 calories a day. That's a few chicken breasts and baked potatoes on top of 2 or 3 shakes with bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, whole milk, and around a pound of beef a day. You really eat like that?
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

I still do some leg work with light weight on leg extensions/leg curls when I can as well as some pullups, band rows, and light weights DB rows so I don't irritate my injury. My back development (as for the whole back besides the lower back) has improved, and I have regained some of the leg mass I had lost. My injury was a sacroilliac joint injury from front squatting with too wide of a stance once I was doing them again with moderate weight (135 lbs for an easy 5) and so it caused one of my SI joints to be subluxated, meaning they get partially dislocated causing one side of my hip to be lower which also causes my left leg to be one inch longer than my right until I get it mobilized (working on it.) I feel that I will be able to hit near 190's in body weight once I start training hard for 1 or 2 months, maybe that must be why gaining weight has been difficult for me.
    Last edited by Murderous; 12-19-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Drink a gallon of whole milk a day like said, and there is no real reason not to use protein powders. Like Rhodes said, chase your meal with a protein shake. And id suggest finding an experienced crew to train with if feasible. This way you dont have issues with form, which probably caused your injuries originally. You need to lift big to get big along with changes to nutrition.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes