The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

One question about powerlifting gear!

Hello all!

I have a question about dl,bp and sq equipment. I m going to order gear but i dont know what to buy.
    This will be my first gear,my raw lifts are ; sq:290kg,bp:195kg,dl:250kg.

I m compiting in gpc,wuap and wpc. I m not so much wide squater,flat bencher and sumo deadlifter.

Thank you all for answers!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    Wow, that's a solid raw squat....

If you are competing multi-ply then go all multi-ply for sure. If you are new to gear just start with some looser fitting gear and tighten it as you get used to it....

Start in briefs for squat, a loose bench shirt, and a suit with no briefs to deadlift in....

Brands of gear just come down to personal preference. I swear by Overkill gear. Briefs, canvas suit, shirt, and deadlift suit all Overkill.... but everyone has their preference.

If you don't squat wide you might be better off in a poly suit than canvas, but I've seen guys work both kinds of suits with all sorts of styles....... again, it's all personal preference.
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

If your going singly ply I would say titan all the way most likely the best singly ply gear out. You'll find out what gear works for you in the future. Like barzeen said its personal preference. I love metal gear to squat In for multiply because its thick and comfy. I deadlift in a hardcore because the material is springy. Just pick something and try it. Titan best single ply in my opinion. Overkill is custom equipment cheaper then most other companies. Inzer is what a lot of the huge totals come from. Just my 2 cents

Wannabebig New Member
    Hello

thank you for answers!

a few time a have training with titan fury shirt and i came to 235kg. Where i compite you can have 2ply+ suits

What do you think is good to go first on 1sly and than to 2sly or i can go direct to 2sly?

This is how i feel about it. Start out in a singly ply shirt! katana, f6, super katana all good shirts for new comers to gear! F6 is easiest to use then katana and then super katana. I believe you can go straight to a 2ply suit. I would say get briefs first tho. Metal pro briefs would be good. to start with. The Barzeen may be able to give you better advice but thats just how i feel

With your strength you will be fine in 2ply to start. Even if you squat narrower raw sometimes its worth it to move your stance out a bit when you get into gear as you will get more carryover.

Inzer, Metal, Titan, Overkill, etc all make good gear its more about finding what works the best for you. I personally would start with a poly squat suit rather then a canvas just because they are a little easier to learn.
    960/530/749 @ 242
    903/524/738 @ 220

Wannabebig New Member
    Ok thanks

i think i will take METAL KING SUMO PRO DEADLIFTER and METAL KING SQUATTER , for bench press i will use friend fury and road to 1000kg+ total can begine

thank you all