The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lakers VS Kings!!!!

So it comes down to the lakers vs the kings for the western nba finals. This is going to be a great series with the Lakers coming out on top. I am sorry all you king fans but they arent going to be moving on

Game on is today at 3:30 pst. which is 15 mins away.

I cant wait.

I predict lakers will win in 5. if they dont sweep

GO LAKERS!
    Sweat in time of peace, bleed less in time of war.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Mystic Eric
    I hate the lakers...

GOGOGOGO LAKERS!!!

Actually if Lakers win I get 200$ from a bet over at william hill.(that's the last event out from the 3 events of the bet)

Also, my old friend Pedja Stojakovic is not playing tonight so I have an extra reason to support the super team from LA.

Mystic Eric
    He's he really your friend, or do you only like him 'cause he's european?

Lol, he s not my friend, he just signed me an autograph once in the past.
    Pedja was a member of the team of PAOK and was the best player in the Greek league for years before moving to Kings. He was my favorite player.
    All the great Yugoslavian players start their careers in Greece.

By the way
    1st Qtr 5:33 Lakers 22 - kings 12

2nd Qtr 11:28 Lakers 38 - Kings 24

kewl

Lakers take game one.
    3 more to go =)

go lakers!!!!

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    I think Lakers sweep. Boston 4-1 in the east. Over the next few years I think the celts are gonan dominate the east.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    Boston will be lucky to get 2 wins in the series.. nets r too strong and 2 tall.. boston rely BIG on their 3 point game.. they aint been accurate lately so unless they fire up, theyll struggle....

lakers v kings will be a tight one.. i recon that will go down to the wire like the nets v pacers series.. kings need stoja bak n hitin 3's
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

i dont much like the lakers. they seem so commercial and cocky.

I hate the lakers and im from Los Angeles. I do go to their games when i get free tickets though

Dead Sexy Member
    Lakers will win in 6.

Boston has no answer to Todd Machulloch.

Originally posted by Allen
    Boston has no answer to Todd Machulloch.
    lol.
    Im thinkin kings in 7. But itll be hard w/o Pedja

Bibby deserves something for all those years he was stuck in Vancouver. I hope the Kings win.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

GO KINGS, i think Shaq is a waste.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

1-1

MACHINE
    Originally posted by ericg
    GO KINGS, i think Shaq is a waste.
    Yeah, the best center ever is such a piece of crap.

GO LAKERS!!!

My favorite team takes it in 5.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Originally posted by gino

Yeah, the best center ever is such a piece of crap.

GO LAKERS!!!

My favorite team takes it in 5.
    You think he is the best?? guy cant shoot worth a ****. i give the guy credit for being big, wel his parents anyways; but as far as skills, he has minimal.

Im going for the KINGS, but I think the Lakers will take it all.
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

MACHINE

You think he is the best?? guy cant shoot worth a ****. i give the guy credit for being big, wel his parents anyways; but as far as skills, he has minimal.
    NFL offensive linemen do not average 300+ pounds because guys that heavy have better blocking skills than 200 lb guys...

THE best. Look at the stats and where he's brought the Lakers. He doesn't need to shoot...no one who is that big needs to be able to shoot. He plays HIS game because he can. Just the fact that NO ONE can stop him makes him that damn good. Everyone plays a type of game because that's what they play - shooters shoot because they can - passers like Kidd pass because they can. Can the best point guard in the league bang down low like Shaq can? No, but that doesn't mean he's still not the best point guard. Great players know their role on the team and play THEIR game. Did Michael Jordan average 15+ rebounds or as many assists as Jason Kidd each game? No, because that wasn't his game - he's still the best player ever though.

Also, Shaq is one of the best if not THE best passing centers in the league.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Originally posted by gino

NFL offensive linemen do not average 300+ pounds because guys that heavy have better blocking skills than 200 lb guys...

THE best. Look at the stats and where he's brought the Lakers. He doesn't need to shoot...no one who is that big needs to be able to shoot. He plays HIS game because he can. Just the fact that NO ONE can stop him makes him that damn good. Everyone plays a type of game because that's what they play - shooters shoot because they can - passers like Kidd pass because they can. Can the best point guard in the league bang down low like Shaq can? No, but that doesn't mean he's still not the best point guard. Great players know their role on the team and play THEIR game. Did Michael Jordan average 15+ rebounds or as many assists as Jason Kidd each game? No, because that wasn't his game - he's still the best player ever though.

Also, Shaq is one of the best if not THE best passing centers in the league.
    True, good points. I understand you cannot compare apples to oranges (center to point guards).

So then when you have a center that can shoot further out than 10' (like Wilt and/or Bill Russell and some others) you cant compare them? I think the best is a term that can use some interpretation. In my mind he isnt the best because I dont think his game is well rounded or complete, and his positives dont make up for the fact that he cant shoot a jump shot. I am not sure who I would put at the top as far as centers goes, but im sure Shaq wouldnt be there, but he would be close. It is true you cant teach size, but size isnt everything. You must have a complete game in my mind, and I dont think Shaq does compare to Wilt and/or Russell. Another thing to consider is the period in which they are playing there games, I think Shaq has the edge here, due to more talent in the league.

If Shaq could hit a jump shot or hook from the free throw line 50+% of the time he would be the best. If he ever learns how to hit that, watch out; Lakers would win every year he is healthy, with or without Kobe.

Oh ya, Jerry Rice is THE BEST WR ever. had to throw that in there.
    Last edited by ericg; 05-22-2002 at 09:56 AM.
    Height - 5'10"

Dead Sexy Member
    Wu, you may disagree with me, but Todd's going to be the X factor in the Boston-New Jersey series. If he plays well, the Nets will win.

MACHINE

True, good points. I understand you cannot compare apples to oranges (center to point guards).

So then when you have a center that can shoot further out than 10' (like Wilt and/or Bill Russell and some others) you cant compare them? I think the best is a term that can use some interpretation. In my mind he isnt the best because I dont think his game is well rounded or complete, and his positives dont make up for the fact that he cant shoot a jump shot. I am not sure who I would put at the top as far as centers goes, but im sure Shaq wouldnt be there, but he would be close. It is true you cant teach size, but size isnt everything. You must have a complete game in my mind, and I dont think Shaq does compare to Wilt and/or Russell. Another thing to consider is the period in which they are playing there games, I think Shaq has the edge here, due to more talent in the league.

If Shaq could hit a jump shot or hook from the free throw line 50+% of the time he would be the best. If he ever learns how to hit that, watch out; Lakers would win every year he is healthy, with or without Kobe.

Oh ya, Jerry Rice is THE BEST WR ever. had to throw that in there.
    Good points there too. I guess I just interpret "the best" differently. I look at being the best as doing your job the best. Shaqs job is to score points, defend against the opposition, rebound, etc by any means necessary. How he does it should be irrelevant. The fact is when you look at his stats over the years and his team's success, he is the best. Imagine if you had never seen shaq play and never heard how he accomplished what he has accomplished - all you know is what he has done and what he continues to do...

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

He is a bull no doubt, and gets the job done for sure!
    Height - 5'10"

well put gino. I dont understand how anyone does not think shaq is the best. There are other 7 foot centers in the league that could go to the gym like shaq and gain some size and attempt to do what Shaq does. But they dont and they cant. Shaq has skills in playing his game as gino said.

we are all part of this bodybuilding forum where we try to improve our bodies. Shaq improved his and he is a big mofo. he had to work for his size, but to what extent you'll have to ask him. No one in this forum should be saying he is good because he is big. he had to work for it just like the rest of us had to .