Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Amounirl's Training Log

9-16-12: Bench/Upper Body

Bench
    200x5/7/9/5p (200x9 matched my 9 rep PR I set back when I weighed 205-210 and was using creatine, 5p as in 5 reps paused for the last set)

Pendlay row
    155x5/7/8/5

Dips
    BW x10
    BW+20 x8/8/8/6
    BW x10/11 (11 was with wraps)

Drag Rows
    10x95
    10x115
    2x10x135
    10x145 (followed by 12 shrugs)

T Bar Row
    1 plate x 30 reps

McDonalds
    1000 calories at least

Good day today, getting stronger and stronger without gaining much bodyweight. Somehow even though my scale weight isn't increasing, decreasing if anything, I look bigger and fatter. Doesn't make sense at all but the primary goal is high rep strength right now, so maybe I'm getting more puffy and less dense, so to speak. Either way progression is progression, once I start the 5x5 I should get denser and this gives me a good base of size to work up from. This would essentially be the hypertrophy stage of a periodization program, so I'll try to maintain the size as I train more exclusively for strength. Bench was strong today, might have had 10 on 200 but I didn't want to hit failure and ruin this gradual but undeniable progression, so I left it at 9. Pendlays felt a little weak but I still got 25 reps in 4 sets so I was happy I didn't have to do 5 sets. Dips I had a little competition with my friend, he ended up beating me and getting 14 after we both finished our weighted dips, but I'll beat him one day when I'm fresh! Drag rows were good, really glad to finally be hitting my traps properly. Just did some t bar rows at the end to finish off the back.

Later today I'm going to be going to my friend's small apartment complex gym to give him and my other friend some lifting tips, they don't really have any free weights from what I understand but I'll try to get them on a decent routine with whatever they have. So I'll probably end up doing some more upper body stuff then. Then tonight we're having guests for dinner and we're going to have a lot of food, so I'll probably head to the park and do some pull ups just to get in that anabolic state before eating a lot. Plus I love doing pull ups. Won't be logging that but I've been doing about 30-60 pull ups of varying grips, 3 times per week with my brother, from which I've noticed gains in the width of my lats, an increase in my work capacity, and a decrease in time needed to rest between sets.
    Best Lifts: 425/285/545 at 200

Goals for this year: 495/315/585, 500/365/600

Decided to take a rest day today even though I was going to do front squats, lower lat, and upper chest work today. Feeling pretty sore and worn out, plus it's grappling week in kempo which is very physically demanding, so my next lifting session will be on thurs. Just doin some shoulder rehab work around the house with light dumbbells today. I'll also go do some pull ups with my brother this evening, but with more focus on the arms (narrower grip fat bar pull ups and hammer grip chins), since my bicep/forearms are the only things that aren't sore at all right now. Might throw in some hill sprints. My chest, shoulders, traps, and adductors/hamstrings are killing me!

Will the kempo be taking a back seat soon here with you going off to school? Not sure if you mentioned it but thought it safe to assume as such.

Good luck either way, you can always regroup with it later on if you have to let it go for a bit. But if finances are planned with the kempo in mind this fall/winter, then you'd be set after finding the right spot for it in the Santa Barbara area.

Yeah I'm not going to be doing kempo in college, but I'm going to try to find sparring partners, or join an MMA club on campus, as well as doing Yoga, just to maintain my fighting skills and flexibility.

9-20-12: Hips and Shoulders

High Bar Squat
    5xbar
    5x95
    5x135
    2x5x155

OHP
    5x125

Deadlift
    3x425 1 plate deficit
    1x475 block pull off 1 plate
    8x405 touch n go block pull off 1 plate

Bradford Press
    4x10x75 from between DL sets

Very short day today, was in and out in 1.5 hours. Really liked high bar squats, felt it a ton in the glutes. Thinking about switching over to high bar squats in January when I start 5/3/1 again, I'll just slowly start loading them in conjunction with low bar squats, on my dynamic day in place of leg press. Once I start them as a main movement though I'll need to prioritize good mornings over front squats for assistance work, to make sure I don't neglect my hamstrings. I'll be doing dynamic box squats to warm up for deads on deadlift day as well. I think high bar actually fits my build better, I have to lean so far forward and use so much back when I do low bar squats because of my short torso and long femurs, but with these, I put the bar up on my traps and still sat back to use my posterior chain, kind of like Misha Koklyaev, and it feels a million times more natural to me. Even though I was leaning forward a bit and using back/posterior chain, I had no buttwink, hit depth easily, and felt very strong, except for the huge discomfort in my unconditioned traps.

OHP felt very weak, decided to just do bradfords instead, my shoulders have been a bit funky since sunday when I did all those dips. I also think I overdid it on the pull up training, and actually managed to overtrain my back (I use a lot of lats and traps on OHP). I did about 40-50 reps on Sunday when I trained with my friends, then I did about 60 pull ups throughout 7 sets on tuesday, then afterwards had about 5 unsuccessful attempts before finally getting a muscle up, think I tweaked my shoulder and the area where the traps meet the lats while doing those. Doesn't help that I grappled pretty intensely monday and wednesday night, 3 two minute rounds in a row of jiu jitsu. Yesterday and this morning my back actually looked smaller, and it's been really sore and actually even hurting. Then I just felt really worn out overall today, basically all that tells me I've overtrained my back, something I never before thought was possible. I'll have to take it easy on friday, I'll focus on just coaching my brother.

Obviously since my back was overtrained, deadlifts were mediocre, was happy to get a PR on the deficit pull, but was very disappointed on the block pulls, got the 2nd rep up to my knees but I knew there would be no point and a potential injury in trying to lock it out, so I just dropped it. Decided I might as well get some actual work in so I did a high rep set with 405, no bouncing, just touch n go, all the time under tension killed my glutes/hamstrings. Since DL is a bit overtrained I'll do a semi deload next week, gonna start the mag/ort program and the first week only involves me going up to 405 for 2 sets of 2, which is basically a deload.

Not the best day but it's still productive, and I've learned to take it easier on my pull up training, and that I love high bar squats. Moving to college this Saturday, and on Sunday I'll be doing 20 rep squats (probably low bar) to kick off my weight gain. I'm sure it doesn't help the overtraining situation that I've weighed 197 for the last 4-6 weeks, but the unlimited meal plan I've got for college should help me change that.

Quote Originally Posted by amounirl View Post
    Moving to college this Saturday
    Good luck with that and the overall transition into the next phase of your life Mounir.

Thanks coke!

9-23-12: Squat/OHP

Squat
    5x275
    3x315
    15x225

OHP
    105x8/9/10
    135x5 push press

Dips
    2x12xBW+10

Short day today, my first workout at UCSB. The gym is decent, much better than the 24 hour fitness at home, but the one thing that pisses me off about it is the fact that you can't have your workout bag with you, there's these cubbies really far away and out of eyesight from the squat rack where they need to be, and that has me really uneasy. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy comes up to me on my deadlifts and tells me I can't use chalk. But otherwise it was good. Low bar squat technique felt amazing today, maybe the fact I had to ride my bike halfway across campus to the gym helped warm up my hips, because I barely needed to stretch. I could have gone heavier but my focus was to do high rep squats today. 15 wasn't to failure but I didn't want to hit failure and ruin this training block. I'll be doing the 5x5 next week, starting on Saturday. OHP was pretty decent as well, felt pretty strong, and dips were good, didn't aggravate my shoulder too badly.

Met a bodybuilder who I knew from back in middle school at the gym today, as well as a few friends I met at orientation. I was OHPing with a friend who threw discus in highschool, he was only getting 105 for 3-4 reps, but when we went to dips he was destroying me, he got BW+50 for 5 reps and BW+70 for 3 reps. And he weighs 207. I need to step it up on those, otherwise looking forward to the training block. Dining halls are closed from 2-5 unfortunately, so I"ll probably end up just lifting then so I can make the most of my time. Kind of bummed that I got the unlimited meal plan without knowing that, but it's fine, I"ll just eat as much as possible when I can. Diet was very off the last 2 days, havne't weighed myself but I could be as low as 190, looking leaner and smaller without a doubt. There's also a small gym 3 doors down from my dorm room, they only have some machines and a cable machine but I can do external rotations so I'll be doing those on off days.

Hope college goes well for you! And hope training stays on the up and up!
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Thanks Gaz, this week is gonna kind of be random and not very organized training wise because I"m transitioning, but I"m starting my 5x5 routine on Saturday. College is awesome, I missed my family at first (still do) and was very sad, but after going to my first college party all that sadness went away!!!

9-25-12: Bench/Rows

Bench
    3x5x210
    5x185 very close grip

Pendlay Row
    3x5x165

JM Press
    85x10
    105x8
    125x5

Drag Rows
    12x135 5 shrugs
    10x155 5 shrugs
    10x160 10 shrugs

Incline Push Ups (feet on box)
    35 reps

Reverse Bench/Inverted Rows (awkward set up)
    20 reps

Decent workout today. Most of the bars in the new gym are thicker than the standard bars, I asked and they still weigh 45, but the thickness is throwing me off a bit, plus the rings are spaced really wide. Also the bench itself is narrower so it's hard to set my shoulders. Even pinky on the ring grip feels wide for me. So I just tried to feel it out where I felt comfortable (I like a wide grip for strength but it bothers my shoulders). Rows went well. JM Press I was just trying to feel it out, elbows were bothered like crazy, will probably just do cable curls/triceps on Thursday morning in the little fitness room in my hall, then head for the rec center in the evening to do my deadlifts. Drag rows were good, there's a trap bar in the gym so I"ll probably make use of that for shrugs, and maybe do some trap bar deads on my deload week for Ort/Mag where you're supposed to rest the lower back. Incline push ups were good, felt more fatigue in the upper back than chest though, since I"m so used to supporting my shoulders and accelerating the bar with back and not chest. Might have to do cable flys for chest. Reverse bench was awkward but I felt it in the lats, biceps, and forearms pretty well, so it wasn't a complete disaster. Smith machine was taken, so I just went to the premade barbell rack, removed 2, and used the 3rd from the bottom as a bar. Overall a good workout. Afterwards I went to the dining hall and had 12 pieces of sushi, 2 bowls of broccoli beef, a fish steak with brown rice, and 3 cups of milk. Gotta love the unlimited meal plan.

Haven't been weighing myself but I look and feel good/strong. Testosterone has felt really high though for some reason, maybe it's all the girls or maybe it's the high meat diet, I've also been sleeping 8 hours per night consistently, and pretty active (biking everywhere, playing sports outside, walking). After my workout today I looked pretty damn huge with my shirt off. College is pretty great so far!

9-27-12: Ort/Mag Deadlift

High and Wide Box Squat
    3x5x135 dynamic

Deadlift
    4x4x350
    2x2x405
    10x365 (4 rep/90 lb PR)

Weighted Chin Ups
    3x3xBW+45

Tricep Pressdowns
    30 reps total of varying weights

Box squats felt pretty good, very fast. Biking 3-4 miles to the gym is a great hip/leg warmup so I don't need to do very much but stretch my groin muscles before working lower body lifts. Deads were good today. Took a lot out of me but it wasn't anything unmanagable, so next week when I work with real weights (2x455) shouldn't kill me. Haven't done high rep straight deads in forever so it was a 4 rep/90 lb PR on the last set. No bouncing but no resetting either. I'm pretty sure it was one of the thicker bars but it didn't feel too bad. Didn't want to try using chalk because the gym owners can be pricks about it, so I just used eco chalk, not as good but it worked, though I did feel deads were a lot more taxing on my grip this way. Or it could be the thicker bar, which again I"m not 100% sure was one of the thick ones. Not a problem though. Technique felt spot on today, was very happy about that.

Weighted chins were tough as hell because my hands were already torn up and my grip was already tired from deads, but I busted out 3x3x45. I'll probably start doing those on Saturdays instead so I can actually work them hard. Tricep pressdowns are great, gotta get my triceps bigger and I like them for the long head a lot better than JM Press, only shitty thing is it's too easy to accidentally recruit the pecs and take pressure off the tris, when the weight gets heavy. Good day overall, going to do high bar squats, incline benches, and trap bar drag rows/shrugs on Saturday, along with some other stuff.

Not skipping a beat, appreciate the pace you're moving with it.

Thanks Coke!

9-29-12: Alternative Stuff

High Bar Squat
    3x10x185

Incline Bench
    30-33 reps over 5 sets with 135

Trap Bar Drag Rows into Shrug
    3 sets of 10 rows and 10 shrugs

Pretty disappointing day today. High bar squats went well, but incline bench and drag rows were very weak. It's fine though, Monday I"m going to start my new routine, since I need to work on my high bar squat and incline bench I'll be doing those:

Monday: Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Weighted pull ups 3x5, 3x10 front plate raise with trap bar shrug/row
    Thursday Morning: Front squat 3x5, Overhead press 3x5, weighted chin ups 3x5
    Thursday Evening: 3x5 Dynamic box squats, Ort/Mag DL
    Saturday: High Bar Squat 3x5, Incline Bench 3x5, Barbell Rows 3x5, 3x10 Good Mornings, 3x10 dips/side raises/rear delts

External rotations on off day mornings, sparring 3-4x per week, Cable Biceps/triceps if I'm not lifting in the next 36 hours and I"m bored in my dorm.

10-1-12: Squat/Bench

Squat
    5x225
    5x255
    3x5x275

Bench
    5x165
    5x185
    3x5x215

Pull Ups
    5xBW
    3x5xBW+25

Decent day today but I didn't have energy to do my assistance lifts afterwards, this killed me. Squat technique is awesome, no buttwink whatsoever, although now I"m experimenting with my stance width. Bench I tried a different set up since the bars are thicker and the bench itself is narrower, than I'm used to, so I did the "set up with the bar over the belly button and toes on the ground way back, then pull through underhanded, then set heels on the ground" type set up, which helped get me way tighter, the only problem being that I can't get good leg drive without my ass coming off the bench, since the bench is also a bit lower than I'm used to. I'll figure it out though. Pull ups were good.

Good luck with the new routine you outlined.

Got a lot on the table which is great bro.

10-4-12: Deads

Front Squats
    Light warm up, worked with 135 I think

OHP
    3x5x125

Deadlift
    4x4x350
    2x405
    2x455
    11x350

That's it. Ort/Mag is brutal. I woke up kind of late, so I didn't end up going to the gym to do a morning session. The gym is so damn far and I have to bike there, so it's a pain in the ass to go any more than 3x per week, only time I"d go 4x is when I run 5/3/1 in January. Plus my bike is broken so I have to borrow my friend's until it gets fixed by the guy I gave it to, so I don't have the most flexible gym schedule.

I'm just going to switch high bar squats and front squats, so at least I"m squatting and front squatting heavy 1x per week each, while building my high bar squat and not compromising my deadlift. Hammies are definitely still a weak point, so light GMs to warm up for squats are appropriate, hamstring curls to warm up for front squats. There's no way I can do any legitimate leg work before ort/mag, and anything period afterwards. Here's what I"m thinking now:

Mon: 2x15 light good mornings, 3x5 Low Bar Squat, 3x5 Bench, 3x5 pendlay Rows followed by 3x10 barbell rows bodybuilding style
    Thurs: 3x10 Easy High Bar Squat (drop reps if it is fatiguing my legs significantly), 3x5 OHP with sets of 5 pull ups between all warmup and working sets, ort/mag deadlift
    Sat: 2x15 hamstring curl, 3x5 Front Squat, 2x15 rear delt raise (rotator cuff warmup for incline), 3x5 Incline Bench, 3x5 weighted chin ups, 3x10 good mornings, 3x10 dips, 3x10 trap bar traps

I'd like to fit side raises in somewhere since side delts are the only muscle not worked on my schedule. I guess I"ll just do it if I ever have energy after a session, not my biggest priority but I've always thought wide shoulders are manly as f*ck. Been working tricep pressdowns also, I do them in the small gym in my dorm when I"m bored, and I've been doing shoulder rehab work and some other crap in there too, nothing to compromise training though.

10-6-12: High Bar/Incline/Chins day

High Bar Squat
    10x195
    2x5x225
    (2x10 rear delt raise/ext rotation)

Incline Bench
    3x5x145

Weighted Chins
    3x5x35

Good Mornings
    3x10x135 (5x10x20s side raises between sets)

Weighted Dips
    3x10x15

Pretty good day today. My normal training partner, a guy who lives on my floor whose been consistent so far, is visiting home this weekend, so I brought my roommate who I suspect suffers from low testosterone (very shy/passive, does a lot of cardio, drinks soymilk, eats low fat) to spot me on incline and lift. Was kind of cool to see him get somewhat fired up for once when lifting, even though he's really weak and trying to teach him technique is difficult (he's not very flexible). He slows me down a bit, but I think getting my roommate's testosterone up to a level where he doesn't repel girls from our room with his depressive buzzkilling silence is worth it. He's a good guy though, just comes across as creepy because he doesn't talk and always looks down. Lifting makes us feel like men.

Anyways, as much as I love talking about how masculinely therapeutic lifting is, high bar squats were good. Just a note about high bar squats is the way I do them isn't a true olympic high bar, I'm still breaking at the hips and sitting back, with a leaning torso, I'm basically just doing a low bar squat with a high bar bar position, because I think it might work better for my natural leverages (long femurs relative to short torso), just to experiment with it. I could be dead wrong, but even if that's the case, getting used to having weight on my traps will benefit my yoke walk. Inclines were all right, still disappointed with my lack of strength on these, but I know once I get this up it will benefit both my OHP and my bench. I'll have to switch to dumbbells eventually though because I know if I went above 225ish it would really start messing up my shoulders, since I'm just not built for heavy pressing, plus I do want to get some upper chest development and it's not safe to target that area with the barbell. Still, I found warming up the rotator cuff and using a thumbless grip made inclines hurt a lot less on the shoulders. Chins were good, GMs were really light, might start doing those with bands because of the strength curve, side raises were good, dips also went well. I was going to do some upper back work but I was dying after all this and my traps were already pretty well worked so I decided to call it a day.

Dude is fortunate to have you around, make no mistake - helping him through a transformation this way is great!

Glad college has gotten off to a good start!

And you're right about lifting - I believe it can help to make you a well rounded person.

It can give you confidence from knowing your strengths and humility from knowing exactly where your limits lie.
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Thanks guys. That's what I love about lifting, all your problems are insignificant when all you have time to worry about is getting the weight up.

10-8-12: Low Bar/Bench/Rows

Low Bar Squat
    5x225
    5x255
    3x5x285

Bench
    220x5/4/3
    135x10 thumbless/close grip

Barbell Rows
    5x10x95
    1x10x95 underhand

Power Clean
    3x185 1 rep PR
    1x205 20 lb PR
    1x225 40 lb PR!!!

Today was a good day and a bad day. My buddy needed his bike and my bike is still broken (it's going to cost 50 bucks to fix which I need to save up for), so I had to walk to the gym. Wasn't as bad as I thought, it's only like 1-2 miles I'm estimating, when before I thought it was 3-4, but it still sucks carrying my gym bag that far. My shoulders are still sore as hell from inclines and dips on Saturday, which I"m sure is the reason why my bench sucked today. My hamstrings were also sore but my squat felt stronger than last week, even though it was 10 lbs heavier, only thing is my technique didn't feel as solid as usual, probably because I hadn't ridden a bike so my hips weren't as warmed up as I'm used to. Next time I walk to the gym I"ll just ride the exercise bike for a bit to warm up when I get there. Either way I"m glad my squat is going up again.

Bench sucked. Again it's probably because of dips/inclines, I'll just do dips and inclines on deadlift day instead and OHP on Saturday, since I'm used to OHP and don't get as sore from it, and it's on such a different plane from bench that even if it does effect it, it won't be as much. Plus doing dips after deads I'll be so tired that it will limit the weight I can use, and preserve my shoulders. I'll try 3x5x225 next week but if I can't get it I'll drop down to 4x4. I hate working with under 2 plates on bench, maybe it's stupid, maybe it's ego, or maybe I've milked all my linear potential out of the bench press, and have to switch to 5/3/1 for it. I've been benching for 2.5 years after all. I'll figure it out, as long as the weight goes up and I'm getting a good amount of volume I should be good (volume is another reason why it might serve me well to switch to 5/3/1 for bench.)

Rows also sucked, my traps have been really sore lately, so I just did them all bodybuilding style, focusing on the muscle instead of the movement. I might just keep doing bodybuilding style for pendlay rows and strength for weighted chins, the strength curve on chin ups is better for strength work anyways, you can have a grinder and still make the rep, instead of everything having to be dynamic.

I was really pissed off going to the gym today because of some outside stuff, and even more pissed off after having a sh*tty bench and row, so I decided to throw around some weight on power cleans so I could at least feel better leaving the gym than going in. I was surprised with how strong I felt. My last warm up set with 165 felt heavy, so I switched to hook grip, surprisingly pain free, and smashed my previous 2 rep PR with plenty left in the tank. I decided to max out and got 205. It felt so easy that I decided to see if I could clean 2 plates. I didn't bring my camera to the gym but I got it on my phone camera, I don't have my connector cable but I'll see if I can text it to my email or something so I can put it up. Technique was really good on these too (except the last one where I almost feel forward), caught it right on the collar bones in a front squat position, wasn't supporting it with the arms at all, and didn't reverse curl it. Only thing is I barely squat down to catch it, so I was racking it in basically a completely standing upright position. Still, it was all hips, which is good. I really hope I can get the video up, this is my first lift I"m proud of in a long time.

10-11-12: 13-14-15

High Bar Squat
    worked up to 5x235

Incline Bench
    135x5
    150x5/4
    135x5/5/4

Deadlift
    4x4x365
    2x415
    2x465

Decent day today. My hips were incredibly tight even after spending 10 minutes warming them up, and I didn't want to wear myself out before deads, so I only did 1 set on the high bar squats. I'm thinking since these are still pretty low priority, what I'll do is 3x5 on my non deadlift week, and on deadlift weeks, 1 set of 5 with a drop down set of 8 with ~90% of the 5 set afterwards. Inclines were all right, was experimenting with my grip on these, just using the same grip as I do on OHP right now. I do these really strict, slow, paused, etc. and I'm still finding my groove. They work my shoulders in a way they've never been worked before, and the top half of the movement is really hard to lock out. I think once I get my inclines up it will benefit everything, but for now it sucks. I'll figure it out though, just gotta take it slow, really drill the technique, and get really high volume. 5x5x140 on incline next week.

Deadlifts were rough. The 365 sets felt really heavy, 415 felt like a max double, and I don't even know how I got 465 up once, let alone twice. I had my training partner slap me 3 times right before I lifted 465, maybe that helped. After the first rep I felt something gushing in my nose, and after my 2nd rep I discovered I got a pretty decent nosebleed. Not this intense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1MgbRluFGQ , but I still felt pretty badass. As I walked back from the bathroom to wash the blood off, one of the employees told me I can't use the eco chalk I've been using. This pissed me off pretty badly because it doesn't even get everywhere like real chalk does. I'm already making a sacrifice by not using real chalk since I know this gym is pretty strict, so this is completely BS. Even 24 hour fitness let me use real chalk. I'll probably still use it under the radar, unless the same guy is working next time I go. So since my back's been a bit iffy, I got a nosebleed, and I had to put away my chalk, I decided not to do the 365xmax reps set. I think I just need to stretch and foam roll more, I've been neglecting that, then my back/hips should be good again.

10-13-12: Front Squat/OHP/Chins

Front Squat
    3x5x225

Strict Press
    3x5x130

Weighted Chins
    3x5x37.5
    1x7xBW pull ups
    1x5xBW chin ups

Decent day today, one of the quicker workouts I've had at this gym. Front squats felt strong, although my first set I supported it with my wrist a bit on the right side, and the last set it almost slipped off my shoulders. I'm not worried about it though, I was just a bit distracted today is all, some kid who tagged along with me to the gym today kept trying to talk to me when I was trying to focus. He wanted me to train him but he ended up just going and doing curls when I was squatting, and leaving after he got tired of OHP. Strict presses went great, glad that my OHP is finally moving up again. Chins I should have done 3x5x40, but I'm used to just adding a 2.5 and wasn't thinking about the fact that it wasn't on both sides of a barbell. Since I was using 37.5 I wasn't too worn out and was able to do pretty short rest periods, the first 2 sets were easy but the last 2 reps of the last set were grinders. Did some BW pull ups for more volume afterwards, but my arms were way too tired. Then I tried to get a set of 9 chins after that with just BW, but my forearms and biceps were way to worn out and pumped.

I decided not to do good mornings or dips today because my back/hips/shoulders are all really worn out and need a rest. This is mostly due to a lack of mobility/rehab work, but I think it might also be that I'm not taking omega 3s anymore, I have them I just haven't taken any supplements except 50mg zinc and 500mg magnesium on days I don't drink milk (about 1-2 days/week, whenever I start to feel sick from all the dairy). It's great though because I have an endless supply of whole foods ready to eat in a building 200 ft from my dorm, and despite their odd hours I can structure my schedule around it so I get 4-6 solid meals per day. They have organic hormone free milk so on most days I drink 4-10 glasses of milk, without getting gyno. Bulking heaven. Anyways I'll have to start taking fish oil/omega 3s daily again.

Way to be at it, moving on strong with everything in check.