The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

600lb bench in flip flops

not to sure who he is maybe some lifters on here know him
    Last edited by MikeWilliams; 12-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

500 for reps
    Last edited by MikeWilliams; 12-08-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Just a strong guy with a heck of a bench. Like I told him on RxMuscle, he needs to make sure he has good spotters with that kind of weight in case something goes wrong.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Yep, especially if he is benching suicide grip and rebounding that way on his chest.
    That lift in my Federation (IPF) gets 3 red lights....

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    looked like a belly toss more than a rebound..... does the IPF even look down on raw lifting now? I thought that the IPF and raw were united together in looking down on multi ply. Did I miss a memo?
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

Strong guy. Just curious, I have been seeing a few videos around as of late of guys competing in shorts or sweats. Are singlets not required anymore?

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Strong guy. Just curious, I have been seeing a few videos around as of late of guys competing in shorts or sweats. Are singlets not required anymore?
    lots of unsanctioned meets are not requiring them anymore, even when Bennie broke the DL record he did not wear one. I don't think this is a terrible thing, nobody wants to see a bunch of huge shws in singlets hahaha
    960/530/749 @ 242
    903/524/738 @ 220

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I hate wearing a singlet too, but videos like this prove why they are a must at legitimate powerlifting meets. The guys butt comes way off the bench but it'd be difficult to judge it because his pants are so baggy.

Quite strong, just making the point bout the singlets.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Yep not a legit powerlfting bench but very very strong.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I hate wearing a singlet too, but videos like this prove why they are a must at legitimate powerlifting meets. The guys butt comes way off the bench but it'd be difficult to judge it because his pants are so baggy.

Quite strong, just making the point bout the singlets.
    Yea you are def right about his ass coming way off the bench. Suddenly singlets dont seem so crazy

Quote Originally Posted by theBarzeen View Post
    looked like a belly toss more than a rebound..... does the IPF even look down on raw lifting now? I thought that the IPF and raw were united together in looking down on multi ply. Did I miss a memo?
    I didnīt heard anything on multi ply. The IPF allows single ply polyester bench shirts and lifting suits; no open back or velcro back shirts and only poly, no denim or canvas.
    Usually RAW meets are held under local rules, which basically are exactly the same ones for IPF.
    Most important:
    SQ: The insertion of the femur in the hip must be lower than the insertion of the femur in the knee.
    BP: 1 second pause at the chest. In the case of RAW lifting, seems quite senseless.

Next year (2012) a World RAW meeting will be held at Argentina, ruled under some Global Powerlifting Asociation (GPA).
    Have you ever hear of GPA? Is it serious?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_El_Piko View Post
    Next year (2012) a World RAW meeting will be held at Argentina, ruled under some Global Powerlifting Asociation (GPA).
    No, GPA is a few guys in Georgia and thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3multyply View Post
    No, GPA is a few guys in Georgia and thats about it.
    OK. Thanks for the feedback. I am probably wrong about the council that runs the meet. Let me check.

Rgds!

I didnīt heard anything on multi ply. The IPF allows single ply polyester bench shirts and lifting suits; no open back or velcro back shirts and only poly, no denim or canvas.
    Usually RAW meets are held under local rules, which basically are exactly the same ones for IPF.
    Most important:
    SQ: The insertion of the femur in the hip must be lower than the insertion of the femur in the knee.
    BP: 1 second pause at the chest. In the case of RAW lifting, seems quite senseless.

If that's how the IPF squat depth rule is worded I like it. I just wish they would judge it that way. When other feds judge by that very standard, they start saying we are squatting high. Just an observation.

On the thread topic; that was a strong looking 'gym' lift. But I can't believe even a non-sanctioned meet would judge that loose. Belly blast was a good call. Still very strong.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

Most important:

This is not a GPA meet. GPA is a legit federation. They held raw worlds in Jonesboro, GA a couple weeks ago. It is run by L.B. Baker. It is affiliated with APC.

Even an unsanctioned meet, that is a very strong bench.

this doesn't even look real...seems fairly easy