The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

April Mathis Training Log

Because Brian said it was a good idea to post this here, This is just a copy of mine at supertraining.com, so it's the same thing obviously for whoever reads that.

My next meet is still going to be raw full-power, so that is what I am focusing on. I'm trying to learn a bench shirt and once in awhile I squat with briefs in between too, but today was only the fourth time since my last meet that I put a shirt on and I hadn't been using it for awhile before then. One of my training partners brought a different shirt for me to try and I also tried another one I had that I hadn't tried in a long time, so that part wasn't real good today. I need to practice with it more, but I'm not too focused on it right now.

I had a shoulder injury at the last meet, and it still hurts alot benching much of the time, but I feel strong benching also right now, so I try to be more careful and take a week off benching more often in between as it's not really affecting my strength or performance at all. Mostly putting a shirt on helps some so I can do some more volume on bench and help improve my lockout. That is mainly what I have been using it for lately.

My goals for my next meet are a 730 squat, 430-440 bench, 605 deadlift, and total at least 1750 raw. I am planning to do the women's pro-am meet in Cincinnati, Ohio on 04/14/2012 as long as I can afford to travel there. Otherwise I will do a closer meet sometime near then.
    Last edited by Brian Hopper; 12-29-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Best competition lifts:
    650lbs. raw squat
    441lbs. raw bench
    580lbs. raw deadlift
    1650lbs. raw total

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!