Thread: Using Nitrean+ as primary source of protein?

Using Nitrean+ as primary source of protein?

I recently committed my self to ingesting my body weight in protein daily in hopes of noticeable gains. While 175 grams of protein isnt impossible to get from food i would rather drink it in a shake. Is it okay to consume 5-6 scoops of Nitrean+ EVERYDAY and get the other 30 to 40g of protein from food. Keep in mind i plan on only doing this for 8 weeks...
    IMG_1218.jpg

I would try and get more from whole foods. Consuming that much from shakes everyday would be more expense than buying food.

I wouldn't necessarily be more expensive than food, but I am not a fan of getting most of your protein intake from supplements. Why would you want to do that?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

The only reason I would choose shakes over whole foods is bc its difficult for me to eat consistently.....looks like Im just going to have stock up the fridge...do you know any protein rich foods?(prefably some that doesn't require cooking) I have a mountain of canned tuna, i know about protein rich turkey and beans and of course.

Chicken. Lean hamburg. Buy in bulk. It's what I do.

ETA: I use Opticen as a meal replacement if I'm in a hurry and don't have time. Take a look at that.
    Last edited by D-RAS03; 01-10-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I recently committed my self to ingesting my body weight in protein daily in hopes of noticeable gains. While 175 grams of protein isnt impossible to get from food i would rather drink it in a shake. Is it okay to consume 5-6 scoops of Nitrean+ EVERYDAY and get the other 30 to 40g of protein from food. Keep in mind i plan on only doing this for 8 weeks...
    IMG_1218.jpg
    You're fine. I regularly consume a large portion or even nearly all of my protein from nitrean. Assuming you're not making yourself deficient in other micronutrients by doing so it's a pretty inconsequential matter.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-11-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    IMG_1218.jpg
    I don't see any problem with it. I would just keep a balanced diet for the rest of my calories.

Lawrence, I'm going to let you in on a little secret the supplement industry doesn't want you to know. You don't need that much protein. Nearly every food you consume has some protein. Take a bunch of supplemental protein will do NOTHING for your training. If you want to get bigger and stronger with a supplement take creatine, and if you want even better results try our RESULTS product.

And yes, I own AtLarge Nutrition and our #1 seller is protein.

By the way, if you can't gain weight you need calorie dense foods. In other words, you want high fat foods.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Lawrence, I'm going to let you in on a little secret the supplement industry doesn't want you to know. You don't need that much protein. Nearly every food you consume has some protein. Take a bunch of supplemental protein will do NOTHING for your training.
    Damn, chris.

Lawrence, try finding another supp company owner ANYWHERE who will tell you that!!!!

But he's very right. My main concern would be this: Your problem is eating enough meals... right now, you're not that heavy, so it may be doable in the short term to take in a bunch of shakes and not worry about meals. But how about when you're 180? 190? 210? Or even just carrying proportionately more muscle?

Training isn't JUST about lifting. It's about reinforcing EVERY aspect of the lifestyle. This includes training to eat properly! If you can't do it now, you never will.

So no, there's nothing wrong with it intrinsically, but it's more or less a temporary fix.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Good info Chris
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS