Thread: Good PR week!

Good PR week!

This was a good week for PR, especially in my bench and assistant push exercises.

new PR this week:

Bench press 305( 270 last time I maxed, about a month or so)

Skull crusher 120X6 easy(115x5)

Seated overhead press165X8(155X6)

weighted dips bodyweight+120x5(100x6)

Gained anywhere from 7-10lbs in the last week and half, and 11-15lbs in the last three. I'd say an equal amount of water, fat, and muscle. The only other time I have made gains like this is when I was on AS( I do not count the lifts while I was enhanced In my PR). My deadlift and squat exercises have not made the same gains, but I did set a PR last week in the Dead, my squat and squat variation seem to be stuck in stagnation.

The secret to my recent success seems to come from Cheeseburgers, pizza,and Ice cream, the Great see food diet

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Congrats man.

Why do you think your lower body lifts are stagnating? Are you putting just as much work into them??
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Originally posted by LATMAN
    Congrats man.

Why do you think your lower body lifts are stagnating? Are you putting just as much work into them??

Not sure why my lower body work seems stagnant, I know I did dynamic low box squats and High bar olympic atf squats today, my box squats felt like crap, no explosion of the box felt very lethargic on this exercise. my olympic squats felt really good though, it seems my quads are getting stronger, but my lower back, glutes did not feel recovered from ME day(rack pulls, good mornings). I could be overtraining my core, I train it three times a week(Me squat/deadlift, Olympic lift day, DE squat/deadlift) I will probably start to pull back on my volume and frequency, if my gains in my lower body continue to stagnate.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    well congrats man. I'm fed up with bein 170, I'm gonna start vacuuming in food too, I figure with how hard I work at the gym, I'm not gonna gain as much fat.

It feels great when you jump ahead a lot don't it?