The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Electrodes to my abdomials

I am using a thingy with cabels that has pads that delivers electrisity in various degrees, it really flexes my abs, but does it work? Ive let it flex my abs around 300times today, half an hour or so, I am going to do it over a period of 4 weeks , an hour each day, seeing if its going to bring my abs out.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

diet brings out abs. And most of those things are not intense enough to build muscle. Crunches would most likely work much better.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

hehe, I know...but isnt there nobody here that has used one of these thing with sucssess
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

From what I understand, nobody anywhere has used one with success
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Rock I've been thinking for some time about trying one of those... let me know how it goes. Where did you get it? Also, how come you're never on MSN messanger? =)

Originally posted by TryingToBeBig
    From what I understand, nobody anywhere has used one with success
    :withstupi
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Climax of Intellect WillyTheGreat's Avatar
    There was something about this in the Men's Journal.

They said it's bullshit. It's not powerful enough to work your abs so much that they're going to get bigger and being on this forum you know you can't lose fat specifically in that one area or any isolated "spot". Also, don't put it on your chest with the idea that you're going to get a cut chest...they pointed out how dumb it is do zap your heart with electricity ;-).

I hope you didn't spend too much money on it, dude.

Isn't there a theory that Bruce Lee died as a result of complications due to his use of a machine that shot electricty into his chest? Maybe i just saw that in the movie... Anyway, i have a couple of friends that just got them and they're gonna tell me how it goes.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    don't throw it out, try to do stuff like shock your friends. Or, go find someone you hate, turn up the juice and toss it on their face. HAHAHA.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Wannabebig Member
    Bruce Lee died of an allergic reaction to a headache/cold pill given to him by a chinese actress (Betty Li Ting?) whom he was having an affair with at the time. He complained of a headache, she gave him the medication and he then took a nap in her apt/house and never woke up. He died of a cerebral edema. Of course most biographies on his life will "forget" the part where he was cheating on his wife and taking not so mild dosages of illegal drugs towards the tail end of his career & life. He didn't seem like a bad guy from most of what I've read but he was certainly human like the rest of us. That being said the attempts by certain media to denigrate his life & character and also the attempts to deify him irk me somewhat.

Take care,
    Jeremy F.
    Some guys have all the luck.
    Some guys have all the pain.
    Some guys get all the breaks.
    Some guys do nothing but complain.

-Rod Stewart

R.I.P Bruce Lee.

Rock, over here the companies who sell those things are being targetted by the A.C.C.C (australian, competiion, comsumer, c-word) for being fraudelant in their claims.
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

Wannabebig Member
    Yes and here in the US too. There are some studies that claim electrostimulation & Russian Stim to be beneficial as a adjunct to regular training but these studies were conducted on 5,000 dollar professional medical machines. The ones you see in the back of health & fitness magazines and on late night tv are pieces of crap that won't do a single thing for you.

Jeremy F.

-Rod Stewart

damn...ah sheize, well I am just going to 500 normal sit ups everyday for 20days, and see if something happens, how do you guys train your abs?.

Wannabebig Member
    I do isometronic rack crunches in a power rack.

-Rod Stewart

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    Train your abs exactly as any other muscle. Doing it everyday is not the way to go. Heavy weights + progression.

but most BBs do their abs like 3 days in a row, damn the abdominal muscles are a freakin mysterium.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    they also comsume a substantial amount of steroids, and they also are really funny looking
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Simplistic
    They may also be purposly overtraining them to keep their waists small.

Electrostim devices are good for recovery purposes of any muscle after its been heavily trained.

Otherwise, dont' expect much.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

it hurts like a bugger to

...has lost his saucepan
    Ive got one but havent used it for months and months now. Uneducated me was drawn in by the adverts and claims on TV

Once I fell asleep with it on my abs. Woke up a few hours later, was sore as fook the next day.
    HelP mY HeaD iS sTucK tO Teh D0oR

oOne in five hundred women have 3 nipples.
    oA cockrach will live 9 days without its head before it starves to death.
    oThe average man spends 27 hours a year having sex.
    oA pigs orgasm lasts for around 30 minuites.

oMy flash - Dancin simpsons | kill grampa | kill barney
    oLinks - Email me | My journal | Gurn.net | Trance.nu

i think i've got a study somewhere that showed that they didn't work for those purposes.

don't have the time right now, but later on i will look for it, and past what i can find.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?