I'm currently 5' 7'' and weigh 162 lbs, down from about 175 in the past year, been cutting carbs like crazy, lifting and doing cardio 5-6 times a week.
I have never had a 6 pack before, because I've always been struggling with a gut, is there anything I can do besides a proper diet and crunches to get to my goal (hopefully by mid-July)?
Right now I have a small gut, but when I look in the mirror I can see some boxes in the gut area, but when I sit up straight it still just "hangs out". Will that ever go away? When I poke at my obliques with my fingertips, I can still feel oodles of blubber, and often feel bloated and look bloated in the mirror
I'm taking Xenadrine EFX, eating less than 100g of carbs of day (thereabouts that is), lots of protein, and a good amount of fat. Supplementing with calcium pills as well.
My daily routine consists of:
* 30 minutes cardio (I work out HARD and burn about 300-400 cals each session)
* 20 minutes of circuit training with machines and free weights for my biceps/triceps
* 15 minutes of stomach exercies which include:
- 50 crunches
- 30 reverse crunches (sometimes with medicine ball)
- 30 side situps (sometimes with the Ab Roller)
- 2 sets (20 reps) of cross cable twists for my obliques
Sometimes I use a 25lb weight to do the crunches...
I used to be a hard core free weight guy that benched and everything, but I didn't want to bulk up anymore because I didn't have a workout partner anymore and just didn't want to "maintain" that kind of pace in my workouts. So now I'm a dedicated "cutter" to see if that gets me to where I want to be.
I fear, I'll never get the dreaded, but much desired 6 pack, but I'd like to know if it's possible with what I'm doing....