Thread: zercher lift from the floor,460lbs. for 3 reps [with power bar]

Wannabebig Member

zercher lift from the floor,460lbs. for 3 reps [with power bar]

My new personal best zercher lift from the floor [new 3 rep max]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWOj0WUm4-Q

Hmmm. Well, if that is 460 you have good strength, but your technique is not clean at all and you are likely going to injure yourself over time. Based upon your size there are a lot of other exercises you could be doing which would be safer (to include Zerchers from the rack) for your lower back.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Where is the 460?

Wannabebig Member
    soory, that is just stupid & not 460

House Lannister
    Dude has some other videos showing some impressive lifts if that's really the weight listed. Should get into PLing if you aren't already.

Given the bar bend, those may just be 100 pound plates. (Albeit thin ones)

Still, it wasn't a safe lift. Good strength, so I'd hate to see it lead to an injury.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

bone crusher
    when your an old man like us it would be hard to get away with that but great strength and effort

wow, you start the lift by locking out the legs then you get under it by bending the legs and bringing the bar up with your back then you lock your legs out again. Insane but not sure how long until disaster hits. crazy effort going into it though.

Lol'd at 510.

If the first three plates on each side are 100's, that would be over 700 pounds total.

If the first three plates are 45's, that looks like 385 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Dude has some other videos showing some impressive lifts if that's really the weight listed. Should get into PLing if you aren't already.

Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Wannabebig Member
    The gold plates are 100lbs.[old york 100's]+ 60lb. bar

Wannabebig Member
    Yes,gold plates are york 100's + 60lb. bar

Wannabebig Member
    Those are old york 100's +60lb. bar = 460lbs

Wannabebig Member
    Yes,those are old york 100's,i only do these once in a while from the floor,but,yes i agree the rack version is a good and safer way to train.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo Paolo View Post
    Yes,those are old york 100's,i only do these once in a while from the floor,but,yes i agree the rack version is a good and safer way to train.
    I think the bigger lesson here is that you've had several world-class powerlifters (including one in the other zercher thread) basically tell you to stop lifting like a monkey. It'd be very sad if someone with good strength and a promising potential future (at least when it comes to picking heavy things up and putting them back down) injured himself trying to zercher 550 so he could post it on the internet.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    I think the bigger lesson here is that you've had several world-class powerlifters (including one in the other zercher thread) basically tell you to stop lifting like a monkey. It'd be very sad if someone with good strength and a promising potential future (at least when it comes to picking heavy things up and putting them back down) injured himself trying to zercher 550 so he could post it on the internet.
    Well...i have some things to say about the ''world class'' powerlifters that have so much to say..i to WAS a competitive powerlifter..i competed in the usapl..under very strict judging..i never really trained the bench press..so i wouldn't say that i was a world class powerlifter...but i certainly had world class squat and deadlift..my first year competing i broke a usapl american squat record and nearly deadlift 640lbs @ 165lbs.[inches from lockout]...all done drug free..while wearing minimum supportive gear..and as far as world class powerlifters go..i was coached and trained by IPF world champion Greg Jones..and was fortunate enough to have IPF world champion/World record holder John Kuc as a mentor..lastly,yeah my form on some lifts needs work,but,look at Ed Coan when he first started out [165lbs. and 181lbs.]people would cringe at the sight of his ''goodmorning squats'' or John Kuc with his near straight legged,back rounded,head down deadlifts..but their lift were passed and they were strong enough to do the lift.. that's all that matters..most lifters these days that claim to be ''world class'' use a ton of gear..i've seen a number of them take off the gear..and they were no longer ''world class lifters''.

Cheers. Congratulations. You lift like shit.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Cheers. Congratulations. You lift like shit.

LOL..ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo Paolo View Post
    Well...i have some things to say about the ''world class'' powerlifters that have so much to say..i to WAS a competitive powerlifter..i competed in the usapl..under very strict judging..i never really trained the bench press..so i wouldn't say that i was a world class powerlifter...but i certainly had world class squat and deadlift..my first year competing i broke a usapl american squat record and nearly deadlift 640lbs @ 165lbs.[inches from lockout]...all done drug free..while wearing minimum supportive gear..and as far as world class powerlifters go..i was coached and trained by IPF world champion Greg Jones..and was fortunate enough to have IPF world champion/World record holder John Kuc as a mentor..lastly,yeah my form on some lifts needs work,but,look at Ed Coan when he first started out [165lbs. and 181lbs.]people would cringe at the sight of his ''goodmorning squats'' or John Kuc with his near straight legged,back rounded,head down deadlifts..but their lift were passed and they were strong enough to do the lift.. that's all that matters..most lifters these days that claim to be ''world class'' use a ton of gear..i've seen a number of them take off the gear..and they were no longer ''world class lifters''.
    I hope you realize that without their gear they are still some of the strongest raw lifters out there.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

Quote Originally Posted by DontTakeEmOff31 View Post
    I hope you realize that without their gear they are still some of the strongest raw lifters out there.
    Not worth it, mate. If somebody responds to feedback/input from professionals by essentially saying "They're not that special at what they do, and I'm clearly just as good", then they're not going to learn a thing.

maybe he'll post when he hurts himself so we can start taking bets now for that fateful day.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.