Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: The G.O.M.A.D routine (gallon of milk a day)

  1. #1
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21

    The G.O.M.A.D routine (gallon of milk a day)

    Hey guys, just wanted to post some before pictures and update you on how my weight gain, and strength is increasing. I'm pretty sure this "diet" is for me, i'm 6'2" 145 lbs and plan on putting on alot of weight quickly. I will also be stacking gomad, with Mass XXX, a mass/weight gainer. Tell me what you guys think and i will keep you updated on how its going.
    2012-02-06_23-28-35_56.jpg
    2012-02-06_23-27-39_326.jpg
    2012-02-06_23-26-41_585.jpg
    not quite sure how to add the photos to here, but i did upload them in the attachments

  2. #2
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    pepper your angus for massive fat gain.

    would be better off learning how to eat abalanced diet full of chicken, beef, rice, potatoes, and whole grains--all in large quantities--instead of GOMAD.

    never seen a gomad 'diet' go well. ever.

  3. #3
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Ok, well i'm definitely up for some fat gain, not alot, but definitely some. I doubt that i am at 3% body fat at the moment, and i almost look unhealthy because of how skinny i am. Thanks for your input chevelle2291

  4. #4
    Poon Handler JacobH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159
    Good to hear you aren't worried about fat gain. Because it's going to happen. Also, using GOMAD alongside a weightgainer product daily may be the easiest way to gain weight, but just know that a giant surplus of whole foods high in protein is what you need to shoot for.
    Consistency
    My Journal

  5. #5
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Yea, i'm definitely trying to eat as much as I can, and then drink my 1/3 of a gallon after each meal, and then my mass gainer at night. I'm not worried about cost because I have meal plan at the college I'm attending. Haha doesn't look like there is gonna be any milk left after i'm done with the place! I don't know if you looked at the pictures, but you would definitely agree that i'm in need of some fat gain!

  6. #6
    Wannabebig Member tcooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    19
    why in the world would you want to gain fat..??? you're already at a low body fat. bulk up SLOW and maintain a lower body fat. i made the same mistake you're about to make. take it slow, ditch the gomad and get on a solid diet. You will definitely be glad you did a year a down the road when you put on 15-25 pounds and can still see your abs instead of 40 pounds and have a freakin gut to cut.....
    5'6
    191.5lbs 8% BF
    25 yrs old
    prepping for my first show!

  7. #7
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    I don't think i eat enough, and i cant shove food down my throat like others are able too and thats why I am resorting to this. Idk why, but it's extremely hard for me to gain weight and it's probably because of my ridiculous metabolism. Who knows, it may be difficult for me to gain weight because i'm still growing. I also think that i lift hard enough considering i go 5 days week, for an hour or so. I don't see myself developing a gut honestly, even if i am ingesting ~5000 cals a day. If i do see flab and regret GOMAD, i'll know who told me ditch it though.

  8. #8
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...nds-in-4-weeks

    you will still be skinny, only you will now be skinny fat.

    Fast metabolism is a shit excuse. I have to eat 4,000 calories to not drop weight. I don't rely on milk to get the job done. That's a move made out of sheer laziness and a desire not to measure portions or count calories.


    GOMAD is fucking horrible. Way too high of fat, and way too many shit carbs. Lactose is a crap carb source. that weight gainer is probably shit too.

    Learn how to eat calorie dense meals. Ground beef, ground turkey, rice, spaghetti (lots of it), chicken are all great places to start. Aim for a pound to half a pound of weight gain a week. More than that, and you're most likely gaining too quickly.

  9. #9
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,621
    He IS 6'2" and 145 lbs... If he is training remotely properly he will add a lot of muscle before adding much fat.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  10. #10
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    @chevelle
    In that link that you posted, that guy didn't do shit but sit on his ass while he was doing gomad. That's why he looks like he's pregnant, and a couch potato (not hating on that guy). I'm just saying that my lifestyle is different from his, along with lifting 5 days a week, i also go play ball at the gym and have intramural basketball a few nights a week. It may seem the easy/lazy route to go by "drinking" my calories, but its hard to be choosy at a college that serves different things each night.

  11. #11
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...nds-in-4-weeks

    you will still be skinny, only you will now be skinny fat.

    Fast metabolism is a shit excuse. I have to eat 4,000 calories to not drop weight. I don't rely on milk to get the job done. That's a move made out of sheer laziness and a desire not to measure portions or count calories.


    GOMAD is fucking horrible. Way too high of fat, and way too many shit carbs. Lactose is a crap carb source. that weight gainer is probably shit too.

    Learn how to eat calorie dense meals. Ground beef, ground turkey, rice, spaghetti (lots of it), chicken are all great places to start. Aim for a pound to half a pound of weight gain a week. More than that, and you're most likely gaining too quickly.
    dude! you are the king of excuses for why you don't gain weight....


    If there's one time that I'm completely for all out bulking it's when someone is in the OP's shoes. 6'2" 145 6-7% and you think he should worry whatsoever at this point about fat gain? The only way he's capable of becoming a fatass while seeing no APPRECIABLE muscle growth is if he's not training hard.

    Cliffnotes for chase - eat. you're not just going to wake up fat. Yeah you might gain some if you do get your intake high enough but if that point occurs I guarantee you're going to be gaining muscle at at least an equally noticeable rate also if you're training hard.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-07-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

    "You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott



    I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    323
    I agree with Chris and Behemoth, at 6'2" and 145lbs his main issue is lack of calories.

    He explicitly states he wants to gain but has trouble eating the whole foods to do it, here's a man with the desire, an awareness of his shortcomings and a solution to work around them- this is a good start! He's not complaining or wondering why he's thin- the usual post of this kind.

    I don't necessarily think GOMAD's brilliant but it's a means that suits OP's end.

    Tomsids was 6'4" (maybe taller) and approx 160lbs (Emaciated) when he started the hct-12 project, so a similar starting point and in 3 months of dedicated eating (monitored every day because he'd shy away from it) he put on 60lbs. He still had the outline of his abs and he looked immeasurably better. He was also far happier- the key thing.

    The logs and pictures are on here somewhere for all to see, (perhaps Chris knows where),but the point is, sometimes an extreme bulk lends itself really well, this being one of those cases.

    The guy's young, motivated, active and above all else, underweight to start. His youth and existing metabolism give him a real hormonal advantage for this type of bulk.

    Crack on OP and good luck.
    Last edited by Daniel Roberts; 02-08-2012 at 12:18 AM.

  13. #13
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    dude! you are the king of excuses for why you don't gain weight....
    Bro, I didn't say I'm the king of weight gain consistency.

    If there's one time that I'm completely for all out bulking it's when someone is in the OP's shoes. 6'2" 145 6-7% and you think he should worry whatsoever at this point about fat gain? The only way he's capable of becoming a fatass while seeing no APPRECIABLE muscle growth is if he's not training hard.

    I was trying to make a point to the OP that GOMAD isn't exactly a great dieting practice. Not that I haven't relied on skim milk or large shakes at one time or another when I didn't have access to much cookware (didn't think he was in college at the time), but I felt like shit when doing so and if I had the opportunity would have chosen a different source of a lot of calories.

    Cliffnotes for chase - eat. you're not just going to wake up fat. Yeah you might gain some if you do get your intake high enough but if that point occurs I guarantee you're going to be gaining muscle at at least an equally noticeable rate also if you're training hard.
    filler

  14. #14
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasewilkins11 View Post
    @chevelle
    In that link that you posted, that guy didn't do shit but sit on his ass while he was doing gomad. That's why he looks like he's pregnant, and a couch potato (not hating on that guy). I'm just saying that my lifestyle is different from his, along with lifting 5 days a week, i also go play ball at the gym and have intramural basketball a few nights a week. It may seem the easy/lazy route to go by "drinking" my calories, but its hard to be choosy at a college that serves different things each night.
    I wish I could find the thread, but there used to be a massive collection of posts in the WBB section that had before/afters of younger members after they had run mostly GOMAD diets. Results were not pretty.

    You can pretty much eat whatever you want right now. I just think it's important to learn the basics of constructing a proper diet now than relying on whole milk. I didn't realize you were in college prior to my post, so being in a similar situation for two years..yea, you may be shit out of luck and may just have to rely on lots of milk to get shit done.

    If you can, pick up a ton of Hormel Turkey Chili no beans. 4 cans of that and you've got a ton of protein for the day.

    I think I ate a lot of whey, cottage cheese, skim milk, and turkey burgers, chicken breasts cooked on my foreman grill when I was in the dorms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Roberts View Post
    I agree with Chris and Behemoth, at 6'2" and 145lbs his main issue is lack of calories.

    He explicitly states he wants to gain but has trouble eating the whole foods to do it, here's a man with the desire, an awareness of his shortcomings and a solution to work around them- this is a good start! He's not complaining or wondering why he's thin- the usual post of this kind.

    I don't necessarily think GOMAD's brilliant but it's a means that suits OP's end.

    Tomsids was 6'4" (maybe taller) and approx 160lbs (Emaciated) when he started the hct-12 project, so a similar starting point and in 3 months of dedicated eating (monitored every day because he'd shy away from it) he put on 60lbs. He still had the outline of his abs and he looked immeasurably better. He was also far happier- the key thing.

    The logs and pictures are on here somewhere for all to see, (perhaps Chris knows where),but the point is, sometimes an extreme bulk lends itself really well, this being one of those cases.

    The guy's young, motivated, active and above all else, underweight to start. His youth and existing metabolism give him a real hormonal advantage for this type of bulk.

    Crack on OP and good luck.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...nal&highlight=

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    323
    Thanks chevelle, good find. I get you're point on the food btw.

    Here are some before and after pics approx 12 weeks and 50lbs apart. shows what can be done to the OP.

    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/att...0&d=1267159443

    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/att...5&d=1276862659

    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/att...7&d=1273461677

    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/att...1&d=1272689121
    Last edited by Daniel Roberts; 02-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    567
    This is basically what I did 4 years ago when I was starting out, although I didn't use a gallon. I was painfully skinny such as you are and I am actually taller. Not very pretty. 4 years later, I am up 55 lbs (70 lbs at one point) and I am just as lean as when I started (although that did require one 4 month cut, no big deal).

    I used a half gallon but a lot of Maximus from ALN. Two hrs before bed I would make my Maximus shake with milk...then 1 hour before bed I would finish off the rest of the 1/2 gal. The reason I couldn't stuff my face with traditional food was because I just couldn't fit it in my small stomach. That is something that takes years to get used to. I am sure you have the same problem at only 145 lbs.

    My only advice is just to know when to stop that diet and move onto something more traditional. For me, it was when my stomach started protruding a bit more than what I wanted, so I went to a more traditional slow bulk method then eventually a small cut.

    Good luck. I love threads like this. Love seeing progress of people who start out so skinny.
    Last edited by FearFactory; 02-08-2012 at 07:42 AM.

  17. #17
    SFW! drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,167
    Just make sure you are eating plenty of whole food and not just replacing food with liquid. That is not the way to gain weight. When I was gaining a lot of weight I would at all day, drink milk and water during the day and then have a calorie dense shake with my dinner usually as PWO. I would typically eat a pound of ground beef with 2 cups of rice or 2 chicken breasts with 2 sweet potatoes for dinner every night.

    Again, the added calories will help, jst make sure they are ADDED calories and not replacement calories.

    Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

  18. #18
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Weighed in at 142lbs today (ass naked) my mistake on the 145 lbs, i had shoes and my clothes on at that time. Just got back from the gym. Holy shit am i full all of the time! I make sure to stuff my face with as much meat/rice/taters as i can, and then i drink my 1/3 gallon of milk after every meal. So far this is how it's looking for my workouts this week.

    Monday: Chest and Triceps
    Barbell Flat bench;
    115 lbs x8
    115 x8
    125 x6
    130 x4
    135 x3 (failed at 2)
    135x2
    140x1
    Burnout 115x6 (failure at 6)
    Triceps; not sure what alot of the machines are called so i'll just compensate
    Tricep pushdowns:
    10x30 lbs
    8x35 lbs
    6x40 lbs
    Skullcrushers (the following weights are not actual, I just stuck the pin into what weight i thought felt best)
    10x80 lbs
    8x90 lbs
    6x100 lbs

    Tuesday: Biceps & Back
    Biceps;
    21 guns with standard 45lb barbell.
    Concentration curls (machine w/ both arms)
    10x30 lbs
    8x30 lbs
    6x40 lbs (failure at 5 1/2)
    Back:
    Latte pulldowns;
    10x80 lbs
    8x80 lbs
    6x90 lbs
    Machine row;
    10x 120lbs
    8x 120lbs
    6x 130lbs

    Wednesday: Delt's and Traps
    Delts;
    not sure what this one is called, but to start (laying down) i hold the standard 45lb barbell straight above my chest and while keeping straight arms, i lower the bar down to my hips and back up
    10x45 lbs
    8x45 lbs
    8x45 lbs
    I also did alot of other miscellaneous shit with my delts, i just dont know what the machines are called.
    Traps;
    Shrugs
    10x45 lbs
    8x50 lbs
    6x 55 lbs
    I'll have to explain this one because i dont know what it's called either. With a standard 45lb barbell i start with the bar hanging at about waist height with my hands on the bar about a thumbs-width apart. I then lift the bar up to my chin (kinda like a half-ass power clean).
    10x45 lbs
    8x50 lbs
    6x55 lbs


    Thanks everyone for all the info, got me motivated and wanting to gain some healthy weight! I'll be shovin down the food and drinkin my milk. I'll continue updating
    Last edited by Chasewilkins11; 02-08-2012 at 05:03 PM.

  19. #19
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    also gonna put some different pics on instead of those ones, they are kinda shitty

  20. #20
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Chase, start a journal in the journal section. It will help tremendously.

    Your routine needs some work. You would probably benefit greatly from a strength program at this point, but there's nothing wrong with a split either, strength gains just won't come as quickly.

    You should also be training legs.

  21. #21
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    alrighty, will do. Legs are for tomorrow (thursday) Just haven't got there yet and abs/obliques are on friday. What strength program do u recommend chevelle?

  22. #22
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasewilkins11 View Post
    alrighty, will do. Legs are for tomorrow (thursday) Just haven't got there yet and abs/obliques are on friday. What strength program do u recommend chevelle?
    ah, i thought you just weren't training them based on your previous post.

    I didn't like starting strength a whole lot, but others have had success with it. I still think it's a solid program, but it gets hated on quite a bit here.

    I had and am continuing to have a ton of success with Madcow 5x5.


    Tom's split, while not geared specifically towards strength, is also very solid:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...0309781&page=1

  23. #23
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    You can pretty much eat whatever you want right now. I just think it's important to learn the basics of constructing a proper diet now than relying on whole milk. I didn't realize you were in college prior to my post, so being in a similar situation for two years..yea, you may be shit out of luck and may just have to rely on lots of milk to get shit done.

    If you can, pick up a ton of Hormel Turkey Chili no beans. 4 cans of that and you've got a ton of protein for the day.

    I think I ate a lot of whey, cottage cheese, skim milk, and turkey burgers, chicken breasts cooked on my foreman grill when I was in the dorms.
    Dude. Quit telling this guy to chicken breast and cottage cheese it.

    You're up 14lbs since you finished a diet 7 months ago dry and depleted.

    Chase - drink your whole milk and slam all the calories you can, and then some. I used to pick up a gallon of whole milk every morning on my way to work and drink it before quitting time in addition to my large meals. Avoid chevelles advice on this topic.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

    "You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott



    I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    567
    OP, another idea, that may aid in digestion.

    Take a cup or more of plain oats and put them in the blender and grind them up into powder (like protein powder). Then mix in 3 cups of whole milk, 3 scoops whey, and blend the entire thing together. If you use two cups of oats, this becomes a 1500 calorie shake. I started using this when digestion became an issue. It is great to use in the morning for breakfast if you are one of those who doesn't have much of an appetite upon waking.

    You can also add splenda or crystal light to add some flavor.
    Last edited by FearFactory; 02-08-2012 at 09:22 PM.

  25. #25
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Dude. Quit telling this guy to chicken breast and cottage cheese it.

    You're up 14lbs since you finished a diet 7 months ago dry and depleted.
    Ouch.

    But deserved.
    ************

    Chase, Rory's taught and mentored me since i joined here. If he says you should down milk like sloots down jungle juice, then you should do it. I'll admit that I didn't take a close look at your pictures before giving advice. Good luck with your goals.
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 02-08-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Ok seriously...1 gallon of milk/day?
    By mchicia1 in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 02:46 PM
  2. gallon of milk
    By dolphin in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 12:45 PM
  3. Gallon of milk in 1 hour?
    By Hazerboy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
  4. Gallon of milk per day
    By gonzoflick in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 10:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •