The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Eating like a horse + cardio, will it cancel?

I've been cutting and I'm hungry a lot of the time, and the best part of my day is when I get to eat. I even have dreams about cupcakes and brownies. Anyhow I was wondering if I upped my calories by like 500 almost to my base but doing a WHOLE LOT of cardio, would it cancel out the extra cals? I'm talking clean and with the same ratio's, would it burn muscle too? I know that cardio burns fat and muscle, and eating more gains fat and muscle, so what would happen?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    eating like a horse as long as its clean and lifting cancel just fine, cardio is for increasing cardiovascular abilities, thus the name, it has no fat burning purpose really.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Banned
    Originally posted by nejar462
    eating like a horse as long as its clean and lifting cancel just fine, cardio is for increasing cardiovascular abilities, thus the name, it has no fat burning purpose really.
    Why then do all pro's begin to incorporate more and more cardio into their training regimen as it gets closer to showtime? Why does everyone begin to do more cardio as summertime rolls around and they want to shed their love handles? Are all these people wrong?

"cardio is for increasing cardiovascular abilities, thus the name, it has no fat burning purpose really."

That is the most uneducated answer I've read on this board.

It's all about cals in and cals out. Calculate your maintenance and how many calories you burn during your 1 hour or whatever cardio. 3000 + 1000 let's say. If you eat 4000 calories you'll be maintaining. If you eat 3500 calories and you do this all week you'll end up losing a pound of fat + whatever you lost from the actual fat burning effects of cardio.

Originally posted by Kayak_boy
    "cardio is for increasing cardiovascular abilities, thus the name, it has no fat burning purpose really."

That is the most uneducated answer I've read on this board.
    I agree KB. How can you say that cardio has no fat burning properties. Thinking about the incorrectness (doubt that's really a word) of Nejar's comment just makes my head spin

dont ever ask a pro for cardio advice. these guys will do cardio for long, long boring time periods. this kind of stuff would make natties small, small, and smaller. you can do this type of cardio and keep putting on size when ur geezin a couple of grams of androgens a week in addition to all your other fatburning and anabolic acceessories.

Banned
    Originally posted by tony touch
    dont ever ask a pro for cardio advice. these guys will do cardio for long, long boring time periods. this kind of stuff would make natties small, small, and smaller. you can do this type of cardio and keep putting on size when ur geezin a couple of grams of androgens a week in addition to all your other fatburning and anabolic acceessories.
    I'm not modelling myself after any pro's advice, nor will I ever. I'm just saying that when you want to lose fat, cardio has its place. It is all about cals in and cals out as well, and I don't know about anybody else, but I'd rather throw some cardio into the mix and eat more rather than starve myself. (I wouldn't actually starve myself, just so no one tries to pick my post apart. Eating below maintenance is "starving" myself imo.) It would be better to eat at maintenance and do a bit of cardio to produce the caloric deficit.

cardio and more importantly interval training have their respective places in bodybuilding

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    Cardio on an empty stomach (like 5:00 am walks) w0rks for me.
    Combined with ECA and weight training, my results are generally excellent.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    If you are 15 and weigh 148, why are you being so strict with your diet and cardio?? This is the best time of your life to put on some size while you are naturally growing. Take advatage of it and eat!

Are you trying to make weight for something?
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

I'm 15 and 148 yes, and I've been cutting, I'm very close but not satisfied yet. Probably 5 more pounds and I'll be done and then start bulking.
    Are you saying that cutting has no place in young bodies? They can gain BF too.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Blue veined member !
    Cutting then bulking why ? lol....Listen to Latman...the age you are at your natural testosterone levels are at the highest they`ll ever be meaning you should be bulking , lifting heavy and putting on as much mass as you possibly can ...leave the cutting for now ..seriously.
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Blue veined member !
    holy macaroni latman...to the bulkmobile. Tryintobebig I just noticed ur weight and bicep size..I would definately bulk...I was even smaller than you at your age and I wish I`d have taken advantage. You`re young and probably not going to listen anyway but hey it`s up to you. Besides you might look cut with ur top after you`re finished..but you`ll look like a twiglet with your top on. This is wannabebig not wannabe a matchstick.

Hope you listen and good luck with whatever you choose to do
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

I agree.

I'm a young'un too, and I would listen to their advice it I were you.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Thanks guys, I'm not going to switch RIGHT now just because I've already put time into cutting and set goals. But you've persuaded me somewhat and maybe in a week or 2 I'll slowly start raising my cals to a bulk and to that for a longer period than I had planned to becuase you say I should take advantage of my age. Thanks

BTW, bicep is one of my most lagging body parts, if I knew how to measure the rest I would, but I can tell that giving you guys a much poorer picture of me than what I actually am. I'll try to take some pics real soon so you guys can get a better feel of where I'm at and hopefully be able to help me more.