The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Static Contraction??/Diet??

Anyone out there try or know anyone who has tried the static contraction workout I've been on it for about 4 weeks I'm getting results but the program is telling me to work out once a week for only 20 min?? (Precisiontraining.com) but I just relized how poor my eating habits are so I'm trying to keep up on my caloric intake I give you guys credit who do this **** for a long time keeping track of everything you eat how much protein how much carb blah blah blah. any suggestions on that too cookbooks for body builders? I'm 6'5" and wiegh 205lbs I know pathic my goal short term is 230lbs within the next 4 months I know sounds like I'm asking alot but I figure now that I'm actually getting enough protien(190g)Carb(832) maybe that will help. long term 250-270 depends how I feel I'm not looking for an easy way out I love to workout and this 6 meals a day thing keeps me for crashing Glycemic thing I guess.
    any response is cool, Thanks
    NO ROIDHEADS NEED REPOND YOUR FREAKS AND YOUR BODYS DO NOT WORK LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE SO KEEP YOUR ADVICE TO YOURSELF!
    Did that sound mean? Just honest I guess.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: Static Contraction??/Diet??

Originally posted by Tbizkit
    NO ROIDHEADS NEED REPOND YOUR FREAKS AND YOUR BODYS DO NOT WORK LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE SO KEEP YOUR ADVICE TO YOURSELF!
    Did that sound mean? Just honest I guess.
    I do not use steroids personally, but what a great way to offend a whole slew of great people you don't even know! Good luck.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Wannabebig Member
    1 set to failure per exercise with a TUT of 5-15 seconds (what they recommend in their 1st book on static contraction) just ain't enough to stimulate optimal gains in either strength or hypertrophy. Static & Isometronic Contractions can be extremely effective however. I'd modify their program to increase the number of sets and work sub-failure.

Jeremy
    Some guys have all the luck.
    Some guys have all the pain.
    Some guys get all the breaks.
    Some guys do nothing but complain.

-Rod Stewart

Banned
    If you're getting results then don't change programs until you the results cease. I wouldn't like to do the program, but I think that a lot of people (including myself) work out too much. It is actually better to work out too little and just have more rest. At least this facilitates full recovery between workouts. I think you could up the frequency to 3 workouts per week with no fear of overtraining.
    As far as cooking goes you don't really need any cookbooks. Bodybuilders tend to eat relatively bland food. I'm sure you don't need a book to tell you how to make tuna and oatmeal.
    Also, the diet question should be in the Diet and Nutrition section of the site.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    I don't do roids either, but the knowledge that some users have could be way beyond that of injections. Lots of roid users have been lifting, and bodybuilding for many of years before they decided to use. Watch what you say before you say it.

Just being honest I guess.

But about your question I agree Vido, if you are getting results that you are satisfied with then stick with what you got, but I do believe that you could probably benefit more from alittle more working out then you are doing.

Freaky
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Static's are not an optimal way to train from what I've read. There is a great thread on this at the HST site, but you can read the studies on the web as well. Do a Google search to find out more. They also pose the greatest risk of overtraining.