Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MonStar's Final Journal

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my supplements by clicking here, view a description of my training by clicking here, and finally view my current training goals by clicking here)

WEEK 1 | DAY 3
    Wednesday, June 5, 2002

Cardio.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Postworkout: 20 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Diet. Refeed Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (360 calories, 50g protein, 33g carbs, 2g fat)

Meal 2: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + low-fat bologna + 2 slices low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo
      (390 calories, 23g protein, 25g carbs, 23g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      (420 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

Refeed: Started my refeed tonight right around 7:00 PM. Started refeeding on low-fat / non-fat foods that actually werent all that bad. Low-fat frozen dinners, (Lean Cuisine), and low-fat Ben & Jerry's etc. Lot of fat-free ice-cream and cereal and skim milk and things like that. Grams of fat probably stayed under ~20g or something along those lines.

Anyway nice fun refeed. Lasted about 5-6 hours. Haha pretty long but really didnt stuff my face the entire time. Stuck to all low-fat foods which is good. Hopefully I wont gain more than 1-2 lbs. of water weight from this refeed. Drank some soda and Yoohoo and all that. Anyway overall refeed went well.

Something that I noticed about refeeding is how HOT I am during it. Holy sh!t I end up being covered head to toe in sweat the entire time I am refeeding. I felt like in the car with the air on full blast I was covered in sweat. And even in my room with the fan on I was pouring buckets. Some crazy sh!t.

Diet Totals.
      (totals prior to refeed)

Total Calories: 1170
      Total (g) Protein: 117g - 40%
      Total (g) Carbs: 113g - 38%
      Total (g) Fat: 28g - 22%

Overall Comments.
      Looking forward to my refeed tonight baby! Really going to be slurping up some soda and some fat-free Pringles and ice-cream. Hehe thats definitely going to be a lot of fun. Rold Gold pretzels and all that good stuff. Cant wait personally.

Anyway also looking forward to an awesome delt and trap workout today. Going to go nuts with some awesome sets of BTN presses and some intense f*cking sets of deads. Hammer the hell outta my traps and my grip. Should be overall very very intense.

Decided to stratecially decondition after 8 weeks of intense training. So after every 8 weeks of cotinuous training I will take off one week from lifting alltogether. Its going to be hard just going to the gym to do cardio but oh well. Hopefully when I get back Ill bust through any plateaus I might have.

Pain/Soreness.
      Pretty sore today. Rear delts were hurting, my lats and midback were both really hurting badly. Everything was actually kinda sore. Obliques and all that were hurting.

Sleep.
      8.5 hours sleep last night.

Supplements.
      With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

Preworkout: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen

Before Refeed: 250 mg. ALA

Halfway Through Refeed: 250 mg. ALA

Before Bed: 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine

Training. Delts, Traps, Abs.
      Seated Behind-neck Barbell Presses:

95 x 6, 115 x 6, 135 x 6, 165 x 4.5, 150 x 7.5, 135 x 10

Awesome sets of BTN presses today! Really hit my delts hard. Good form, nice ROM, everything looking good. New personal best!! Thats what I am talking about baby. Had 160 for 6, today I got 165 for 4.5 which really isnt too much better but hopefully next week Ill go for 170 and see how that goes. Well see what happens. Through my last few sets my right shoulder was really hurting - big time. Aching like crazy. Not sure what the problem was. I know that BTN movements put my delts in a dangerous position but oh well. Good sets.

One-arm Dumbbell Side-laterals:

35 x 7.5, 30 x 10

Nice 2 sets of laterals today. Hit my delts hard with some good form. Right shoulder again was really bothering me I am not sure why. Dont really know what the problem is. Just feel like I might have not warmed up carefully enough or something along those lines. Anyway away from all that nice delt contractions. Really kept my form and my ROM and all that good I think. Nice hard reps.

One-arm Cable Side-laterals:

40 x 8.5

Nice hard set of cable laterals today. Good continous tension on my delts which is always a good thing. At this point in my workout my delts were pretty much exausted. So hitting them hard here with cable laterals was a good finishing movement for my delts. Really good ROM and nice form. Also some excellent concentration and focus. Great overall set.

Partial Deadlifts:

225 x 6, 275 x 6, 315 x 6, 440 x 9, 415 x 8, 385 x 9

WOAH baby!! 440 lbs. for 9 motherf*cking reps. Now this is what I am talking about. New personal best baby. BRAND new personal best. Totally impressed myself with this set. Totally intense as hell. Really went nuts. My last PB was 425 for 6, make that 440 x 9 as of today. This is what I am talking about. Hit my traps and lower back hard. Nice form, good ROM too. Dropped my arms low really squeezing my traps very very hard. Anyway after the first set I was so exausted the next 2 sets were basically a drag. Just went through the motions more or less I was totally exausted. Anyway awesome exercise.

Dumbbell Shrugs:

100 x 6.5, 90 x 10

Good sets of shrugs today. The DBs in my gym only go up to 100s which Ill probably exceed next week. Maybe go for the 102.5s and then the week after hit up the 105-110s see how that goes. Anyway stretched my traps at the bottom of the movement and flexed them hard at the top. At this point in my workout my traps were so motherf*cking exausted from the partial deads that I barely could even shrug the DBs. Didnt realize how taxing the pulls were on my traps!!

Machine Crunches:

150 x 15, 150 x 15

Nice was to end my workout today. Hammered my abs hard with machine crunches. Nice hard ab contractions from the first rep. Good sets, second set was much more intense. I didnt think that I was going to get all 15 reps during the second set. During the first set I was pretty confident that I was going to somehow. Anyway good sets here. Hit my abs hard.

Training Length.
      Today my workout lasted around 55 minutes. Took a little bit longer than usual I guess. Forgot my water bottle though so I had to make like a million trips into the other room to drink from the water fountain.

Water.
      Pretty good amount of water today. Need more.

Weight.
      Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 200 lbs. Pretty crazy I was right on 200 lbs. even. Tomorrow Ill probably weigh 201-203 lbs. Somewhere in that range just because of my refeed tonight I think.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-06-2002 at 10:32 AM.

... Finally hit 1000 views.

MS

Originally posted by MonStar
    ... Finally hit 1000 views.

MS

Originally posted by rookiebldr

Hehe I am just saying man at least I am not the only one that is reading my journal.

MS

I know, see I read it too.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

"Had 160 for 6, today I got 165 for 4.5 which really isnt too much better but hopefully next week Ill go for 170 and see how that goes."

Micky, firstly man, great pressing. Secondly, don't you think jumping straight to 170 is a bit of a leap? Especially since you've just moved the weight up this week by 5lbs and you got relatively low reps. Why not work on 165 until you get 6 and then move it up? Especially if you got shoulder issues.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

[Through my last few sets my right shoulder was really hurting - big time. Aching like crazy. Not sure what the problem was. I know that BTN movements put my delts in a dangerous position but oh well.
    I think you answered your own question. BTN presses will wreck your shoulders eventually. Now that you're getting into heavier weights, you'll start to feel the effects. I'd suggest switching to front presses before you wreck your shoulders. I had the same problem a while back from BTN presses and it started to fu*k with my bench ... not a good thing. Just a suggestion. Keep training hard.

I know, see I read it too.
    Thanks man, appreciate it. I appreciate anyone and everyone who checks out my journal. Really a lotta help.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Micky, firstly man, great pressing. Secondly, don't you think jumping straight to 170 is a bit of a leap? Especially since you've just moved the weight up this week by 5lbs and you got relatively low reps. Why not work on 165 until you get 6 and then move it up? Especially if you got shoulder issues.
    Thanks bro. Yeah I cant decide what I want to do about this. I might stick out 167.5 lbs. first and see how that goes. Generally taking 5 lbs. increments or something similar week to week is something that my body can handle. I dont know why, or how. My body adapts I guess you could say and I get the same or maybe one less rep. I think my body can adapt to constant increases in the load. I dont know well see how things go. I might try 167.5 lbs. and make sure that I get 5-6 like you said and then go up. Well see.

Originally posted by Otter
    I think you answered your own question. BTN presses will wreck your shoulders eventually. Now that you're getting into heavier weights, you'll start to feel the effects. I'd suggest switching to front presses before you wreck your shoulders. I had the same problem a while back from BTN presses and it started to fu*k with my bench ... not a good thing. Just a suggestion. Keep training hard.
    Hey thanks a lot man for checking out my journal. Definitely appreciated.

Anyway yeah I cant decide what I think about BTN presses yet. I know that they put your shoulders in a dangerous position. I think though that this just increases your reason to have a spotter. For me personally they have always been my favorite pressing exercise. I am not sure why I just always really enjoyed them.

I know that having a spotter is a necessity with BTN presses. But other than that I dont really think that theyre that bad of an exercise. My right shoulder was bothering me a tad but I just blame that on lack of warmup or bloodflow. I dont know well see how things go the next few weeks. I only go down to my ears for each rep and everything I read says "BTN go down to top of your neck." I dont know well see. Thanks for the suggestion.

MS

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my supplements by clicking here, view a description of my training by clicking here, and finally view my current training goals by clicking here)

WEEK 1 | DAY 4
    Thursday, June 6, 2002

Cardio.
      Before Meal 1: 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating one minute of level 6 with one minute of level 8.

After Meal 3:

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (360 calories, 50g protein, 34g carbs, 2g fat)

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk
      (390 calories, 27g protein, 40g carbs, 17g fat)

Diet Totals.
      Total Calories:
      Total (g) Protein:
      Total (g) Carbs:
      Total (g) Fat:

Overall Comments.
      Falt fat today when I woke up, probably due to the refeed last night. Ate a lot real like like Mountain Dew Code Red, a Lean Cuisine BBQ Pizza, and an entire pint of Low-fat Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. All tasted good though!

Anyway tomorrow I have to hit up chest and tris which is seriously going to be a b!tch since I just did delts and traps yesterday. I am going to see how this goes. Hopefully I wont have any kind of shoulder discomfort tomorrow during bench presses. Well see though. If I do Ill either (1) change up my split, or (2) maybe go less intense on BTN presses.

Pain/Soreness.
      Really sore today! Lats are hurting badly, serratus, midback, all aching. My biceps and forearms arent in too good of shape either. My side-delts are hurting, my traps are sore as f*ck - and so is my lower back. Everything seems to be beat up pretty badly.

Sleep.
      8 hours sleep last night. Woke up once to use the bathroom.

Supplements.
      Precardio: 1 Adrenalin + 5g glutamine

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Before Bed: 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
      Didnt workout today.

Water.

Weight.
      Today precardio, clothed but without shoes, I weighed
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-06-2002 at 01:56 PM.

Really sore today! Lats are hurting badly, serratus, midback, all aching. My biceps and forearms arent in too good of shape either. My side-delts are hurting, my traps are sore as f*ck - and so is my lower back. Everything seems to be beat up pretty badly.
    Is this due to the OH Pressing movements that your feeling the back soreness or the a workout that you did previously to yesterday?

Nice strength increases on the partial deads.

Is this due to the OH Pressing movements that your feeling the back soreness or the a workout that you did previously to yesterday?

Nice strength increases on the partial deads.
    My lats and all that are just still sore from Monday thats all. Not a big deal really just mild soreness. Nothing compared to how sore my traps are!!

Yeah thanks a lot man yeah my partial dead strength was pretty good. New personal best for me which is always a good thing. Going to go for 455 lbs. next Wednesday, four 45s and a 25 on each side baby! Thats what I am talking about.

MS

Partial deadlift? Any different from doing a regular deadlift?
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

Originally posted by gregnb
    Partial deadlift? Any different from doing a regular deadlift?
    The exercise itself is not any different, no. The ROM is completely different. Instead of pulling right from the floor like you do with regular standard powerlifting deadlifts - with partials you pull from right around knee level. I set the pins in the power rack to knee level.

Takes the stress off of my lower body and puts it more on my traps and grip etc.

MS

Micky, you still losing weight each week?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Micky, you still losing weight each week?
    Yeah man, definitely. My weight gradually drops from day to day actually. Well depending when I refeed my weight basically doesnt move at all, sometimes I gain a pound of two of water. But otherwise on all of my isocaloric days my weight pretty much drops .5-2 lbs. per day somehow. Not really sure why/how.

MS

Monstar, I dont really see what your doing with your diet. I have read alot about the isocaloric diet latley, and why are you just binging on the refeed day? Why dont you just spend 24 hours on the refeed like suggested? THen you can have one of your workouts on that day and get the positive effects from all the carbs, im sure you read all about the isocaloric diet. I just dont see why you aren't incorporating a regular refeed day. I havent really followd your journals, but i belive you have been cutting for some while now, so i imagine you are pretty lean, meaning your refeeds should be more frequent than just a couple hours a week. That way you wont lose too much muscle when cutting.
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/