The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

MonStar's Final Journal

Hehe after lots of f*cking around, I have made a journal here to stay. Many of you will not believe me - but its true. I have basically decided to look at another renown member's routine here @ WBB.

His routine has worked extremely well for him, so well that I am going to try it out for myself and see how it works for me. Hopefully Ill experience similar results to what he has experienced. Well see how things go.

All of my supporters, I am calling on ALL of you to again support me. I hope to God that you all help me through this with your encouragement etc.

Feel FREE to post any comments, questions, concerns, whatever here in my journal.

MS

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Diet.
    • I am going to be doing a basic diet thats actually kind of similar to what I did before, a cyclical isocaloric diet. Only this time around I am not going to have the refeed days. As you probably know an isocaloric diet is basically approximately 33% protein, 33% carbs, and 33% fat. On my isocaloric days Ill be taking in the following, roughly.

2000 - 2300 calories
      180 - 200g protein
      180 - 200g carbs
      60 - 80g fat

Okay here is where the fun comes into play. Every 3 or 4 days in every microcycle I will refeed for a few hours. Its called a refeed day although the actual refeeding only takes place after around 5:00 - 6:00 PM. Basically during this time Ill take some ALA or whatever and just pig the f*ck out. And I dont mean cheat with one little meal. I mean eat until I am going to puke all over myself. The most important part of this though is to cheat with very LOW-FAT foods. Gorge and stuff and feast and just binge like a total psychopath, going all out. Now keep in mind that this is only 5% of the week. The other 95% of the week is spent dieting strictly with the isocaloric diet above. Makes my diet much more pliable. Lots of foods like sugar candies, soda, spaghetti, etc.

On my refeed day Ill be doing cardio and everthing like that. Nothing else will be different.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-03-2002 at 09:43 AM.

Supplements.
    • Ill be taking the following supplements. I have broken them into specific categories to make them easier to view.

Daily Supplements
      - multi-vitamin/mineral
      - 3g vitamin C
      - 1200 IUs vitamin E
      - 3 Calcium Complete
      - 3-6 mg. melatonin before bed
      - 5g glutamine before bed

On rest days Ill do some early AM cardio and beforehand either Adrenalin or Lipodryl, and 5g glutamine.

Postworkout
      - 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      - 5g creatine
      - 5g glutamine peptides
      - 3g arginine
      - 1g ginger
      - 250 mg. ALA
      - 250 mg. Aminogen

The ingredients in Cell-Tech are..

1/2 Serving Of Cell-Tech Contains...
      37.5g dextrose
      5g creatine
      1g taurine
      100 mg. ALA

Also Currently I am taking three different fat-burners, the first Ill be taking preworkout, called Liquid Clenbutrx by VPX Sports. The ingredients to Liquid Clenbutrx are as follows..

1 Serving Of Liquid Clenbutrx Contains...
      Thermogenic/Nuerogenic Blend:
      MaHaung Extract (Standardized at 8%)
      Citrus Aurantium Extract (Standardized for 10% Synephrine)
      Guarana (Standardize for 22% Caffeine)
      White Willow Extract
      L-Tyrosine
      Bioperine
      Proprietary Thyrogenic, Insulinogenic and Ant-Estrogenic Blend:
      Methoxivone (5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-isoflavone)
      Guggulsterones (E & Z) (Standarized at 10%)
      Ipriflavone (7-Isopropoxy Isoflavone)
      Phenylpropanolomine
      Yohimbe Extract (Standardize at 8%)
      Bis-Glycina

The second and third fat burners Ill be alternating week to week. Every Tuesday Ill switch from one to another. Ill be taking them twice during the day. Just never or preworkout and (AM precardio. The first is called Adrenalin. The ingredients to Adrenalin are..

1 Serving Of Adrenalin Contains...
      200 mg. caffeine
      35 mg. 1R 2S norephedrine hcl
      100 mg. of synephrine hcl
      3.4 mg. of yohimbine hcl

The second is Lipodryl, the ingredients are..

1 Serving Of Lipodryl Contains...
      20 mg. ephedrine hcl
      200 mg. caffeine
      150 mg. quercetin
      333 mg. vitamin C

On my refeed day Ill only be taking one serving of Adrenalin / Lipodryl. Ephedrine blunts the secretion of insulin which is exactly what I do not want. Also is an appetite supressant which is something else I dont want.

Also with my low-fat refeed Ill be taking 250 mg. ALA twice. First right before I start my binge and then 1/2 way into my refeed.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-03-2002 at 11:02 PM.

Training.
    • Monday: Back, Biceps, Forearms.
      Tuesday: Rest.
      Wednesday: Delts, Traps.
      Thursday: Rest.
      Friday: Chest, Triceps.
      Saturday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
      Sunday: Rest.

Back, Biceps, Forearms.
      Wide-grip Underhand Chins: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 2-3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      One-arm Dumbbell Rows: 2-3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Bentover Underhand Cambered-bar Rows: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Seated V-bar Pulldowns: 1 set 6-8 reps

Standing Barbell Curls: 2 sets 5-8 / 8-10 reps
      Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 1 set 6-10 reps

Wrist Roller Flexion / Extension: 1 sets to failure
      Dumbbell Twists: 1 set to failure
      Static Holds: 1 set to failure

Delts, Traps, Abs.
      Seated Behind-neck Barbell Presses: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 2-3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      One-arm Dumbbell Side-laterals: 2 sets 6-8 / 9-10
      One-arm Cable Side-laterals: 1 set 6-8 reps

Partial Deadlifts: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 2-3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Dumbbell Shrugs: 2 sets 6-8 / 9-10 reps

Machine Crunches: 2-3 sets 15 reps

Chest, Triceps.
      Flat Barbell Presses: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 2-3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Dips: 2-3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 2 sets 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      High-cable Crossovers: 1 set 6-8 reps

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions: 2 sets 5-8 / 8-10 reps
      One-arm Overhead Dumbbell Extensions: 1 set 6-10 reps

Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
      Barbell Squats: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 2-3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Seated Leg Extensions: 2 sets 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Leg Presses: 2 sets 4-6 / 6-8 reps

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises: 2-3 sets 15 reps

That is it for my training! Well see how things go. As you can see it is taken from popular member here @ WBB, Belial. You can check his journal out if you like I assure you its excellent. Some tremendous size and strength gains there.

Anything there are a few things I wanted to mention. On REST days Ill be doing cardio twice per day, in the AM and in the PM. On training days Ill be doing my cardio postworkout. Which should help with the fat-loss.

After 8 continuous weeks of training I will be taking ONE FULL WEEK off of training alltogether. Refeeds and cardio will continue but training will stop for that week. This is to help my body recover and I think overall it is an excellent idea. Jumping back into training should kickstart my body's growth.

In my journal if I increase in weight and/or reps from week to week it will be in blue and there will be a (!) next to the set. This way youll know which exercises I increase on etc.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-05-2002 at 11:07 AM.

1st Training Goals.
    • Squats:

455 x 4 (!)

Flat Barbell Presses:

275 x 4 (!)

Dips:

+150 x 4 (!)

Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

+75 x 4 (!)

Seated Behind-neck Barbell Presses:

185 x 4 (!)

Partial Deadlifts:

475 x 4 (!)

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

150 x 4 (!)

Standing Barbell Curls:

135 x 4 (!)
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-03-2002 at 01:00 PM.

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my supplements by clicking here, view a description of my training by clicking here, and finally view my current training goals by clicking here)

Week 1 | Day 1
    6-3-2002

Cardio.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Postworkout: 20 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex Low-carb MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (370 calories, 58g protein, 21g carbs, 7g fat)

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk
      (390 calories, 27g protein, 40g carbs, 18g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      (420 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 4: 2 cans tuna + 1 & 1/2 tbsp. mayo + 2 slices whole-wheat bread
      (470 calories, 42g protein, 27g carbs, 22g fat)

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple + 1 cup skim milk
      (370 calories, 34g protein, 37g carbs, 11g fat)

Diet Totals.
      Total Calories: 2020
      Total (g) Protein: 205g - 39%
      Total (g) Carbs: 180g - 34%
      Total (g) Fat: 61g - 26%

Overall Comments.
      Feel incredible fat today. Binged the past 2 days. What the f*ck is my problem? What else is new though I am not surprised at all by my ridiculous will power. Nothing new. AHH I feel so f*cking fat today. Expected obviously because I am pathetic but still. I am dreading weighing myself today. Haha.

Really going to stick with this journal through thick and thin. I have to put it in my head that I CANNOT binge and create another journal and just justify that bullsh!t in my head. It just aint right. Anyway I am sick of it. If I binge, you better believe that its going in here. Nowhere else. Not f*cking around this time.

Today I feel so f*cking fat it really should be inspiration to get ripped and strong etc. Its June 3rd! Its hot out, I cant be no motherf*cking fat a*s blob boy. Cant deal with that motherf*cking d*cksh!t. Anyway just need to stick with it thats all. Belial has been on this program for a damn year or some sh!t so its gotta work.

Pain/Soreness.
      Not sore today at all, feel fine.

Sleep.
      8 hours sleep last night. Good sleep too, no interruptions or anything like that.

Supplements.
      With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Preworkout: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen

Before Bed: 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine

Training. Back, Biceps, Forearms.
      Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

BW x 6, +15 x 6, +30 x 6, +50 x 4.5, +35 x 6.5, +20 x 8.5

Nice hard set of chins today. Really hit my lats hard. Did 3 warmup sets, which are not in boldface. Anyway none of my warmups were anywhere near failure. Just going through the motions to get some good bloodflow in my lats. Anyway Started off my working sets with +50 which was TOUGH! Woah really struggled with this sh!t. I think that partially the reason that it was so hard is because of how much I weighed. I was chinning about 260 lbs., which is a lot for me. Anyway good sets. Well see how things go next Monday.

One-arm Dumbbell Rows:

90 x 5.5, 80 x 8, 70 x 10

Had a hard time feeling this exercise in my lats. Not really sure what the problem was but somehow I just couldnt get good lat contractions. First set was tough, moved a damn heavy a*s dumbbell in my opinion. But other than that set was good. I mean I arched my back as usual, squeeze my lats hard, etc. Pulling the DB straight to my ribcage. Hopefully Ill learn to feel this exercise more eventually. Anyway all 3 sets were to failure, intense and all that. Good focus. And pretty decent lat contractions the second 2 sets.

Bentover Underhand Cambered-bar Rows:

225 x 5.5, 205 x 9.5

Woah at this point my lats were completely f*cking fried! Jesus they were burnt out all the way. Had trouble squeezing my lats because they were so tired. Dont ask me how the hell this is possible but it just is. Anyway good sets. First set my lats were just exausted from the chins and DB rows, so I did the best I could. Second set I felt a lot more in my lats. Looking forward to an increase to 230 lbs. next week.

Seated V-bar Pulldowns:

185 x 7.5

Nice set of pulldowns today!! Really felt it HARD in my lats. Great overall set. Really had some extreme lat and rhomboid contractions with this exercise. This kind of set is what my entire back workout should be like. None of this p*ssy bullsh!t not really feeling it too much in my lats or any of that horsesh!t. Anyway nice hard set. Going to keep this weight until I can get a full 10 reps and then Ill increase to 200 lbs. See how that goes.

Standing Barbell Curls:

115 x 5, 95 x 8.5

Woah, my biceps were FLAMED by the time that I got some direct biceps work. After all of the pulling that I did in this workout my arms were just wiped out. Used 115 lbs. which completely just murdered my biceps completely. A little body English was used in the first set especially. Nothing too bad but a little too much for my liking. Going to probably go with 117.5 lbs. next Monday and see how I handle that.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls:

30 x 8.5

Woah this exercise really hit my brachioradialis and my brachialis very very hard. Nice strong strong contractions. Focused hard on each side really getting some great concentration and mind muscle connections. Good overall set. Nice pump in my biceps and forearms from this set. Actually overall today I think my pump sucked! - And I am not sure if this is because I moved my other 250 mg. ALA to postworkout or what. Who knows, I know that pump has nothing to do with hypertrophy anyway, just a nice satisfying feeling.

Wrist Roller Flexion / Extension:

25 x 6.5

Wow hit my forearms very very very hard here. Really exausted them completely with this set. Amazing lactic acid buildup in my lower arms from this set. Alternated lifting my wrists up (extension) with rotating my wrists down (flexion). One rep in this exercise was rolling the weight all the way up to my hands. Anyway great burn, awesome pump, nice vascularity and definition in my forearms.

Dumbbell Twists:

25 x 27

Those of you who are not familiar with DB twists theyre basically standing with 2 DBs, keeping the DBs in the middle of a hammer curl position - halfway up with your forearms parallel to the floor, and your twisting the DBs in your hands from palms to the ceiling to palms to the floor. Theyre a great burnout exercise and overall forearm builder. Really enjoy doing them.

Static Holds:

320 x :15

Nice hard set of static holds today. Did them in the Smith-machine instead of the power rack and I like them a lot more. Its easier to drop the weight when my hands give out because the stoppers on the Smith-machine are rubber, nice metal pins. I dont have to worry about dropping the weight etc. Its kind of hard to explain but anyway. At this point my grip/forearms were murdered. They were completely exausted and I really surprised myself with my strength on this exercise. Going to go for something like 340 lbs. next Monday.

Training Length.
      Today my workout lasted around 55 minutes. Actually a little longer than I expected but had warmups and stuff to do that I am not used to.

Water.
      Good amount today, need to keep it up tomorrow.

Weight.
      Dreading weighing myself today. Its going to be a damn shame I think. I am going to guess that Ill weigh something along the lines of 205-215 lbs. Haha where in there Ill be I have no idea.. Preworkout today, clothed without shoes, I weighed 209 lbs. Actually a really sickening weight today. I BETTER be down tomorrow.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-06-2002 at 11:10 PM.

Mike, if i ever decided to slap you around for anything it would be cause of your over-use of supplements. You spend far too much money man.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Mike, if i ever decided to slap you around for anything it would be cause of your over-use of supplements. You spend far too much money man.
    Haha yeah I know man. But eventually I am going to run out of that sh!t so oh well. Its not too big of a deal I dont even think that supplements really make much of a different at all to be honest. I mean they can help - just not completely change results.

MS

I'm with chigs on that one, i admire your dedication, but i feel sorry for your wallet.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Originally posted by just_a_pup
    I'm with chigs on that one, i admire your dedication, but i feel sorry for your wallet.
    Haha yeah it is a b!tch on my walllet sometimes. I dont know I get used to popping all the pills though I dont even think anything of it.

MS

Avoiding the money issue for a sec----Out of curiousity, what do your parents think about all the supplements you take? Mine are wicked skeptical to EVERYTHING non food that I take....and explaining the benefits of each doesn't help my cause. The other day my dad looks at my jug of Glutamine Peptides and he's like wtf? I didn't even bother explaining...I've tried too many times in the past. I even hid my tub of creatine monohydrate while i was doing a cycle last year to avoid persecution. Here are some of their favorite lines:

"Your body can't handle all of these supplements--youre overdoing this" (keep in mind i'm taking glutamine/protein/flax only)

"More protein...you just finished a bottle!"

"Your body needs a break from all this protein"

"Too much protein is bad on your kidneys"

"Protein causes pimples"

These lines come from people who have drank coffee every morning for the last 25 years.....how are your folks towards your supplementation MonStar?

Originally posted by JohnnyAutoParts
    Avoiding the money issue for a sec----Out of curiousity, what do your parents think about all the supplements you take? Mine are wicked skeptical to EVERYTHING non food that I take....and explaining the benefits of each doesn't help my cause. The other day my dad looks at my jug of Glutamine Peptides and he's like wtf? I didn't even bother explaining...I've tried too many times in the past. I even hid my tub of creatine monohydrate while i was doing a cycle last year to avoid persecution. Here are some of their favorite lines:

"Your body can't handle all of these supplements--youre overdoing this" (keep in mind i'm taking glutamine/protein/flax only)

"More protein...you just finished a bottle!"

"Your body needs a break from all this protein"

"Too much protein is bad on your kidneys"

"Protein causes pimples"

These lines come from people who have drank coffee every morning for the last 25 years.....how are your folks towards your supplementation MonStar?
    Haha awesome post JohnnyAutoParts. Seriously that sounds like family. I dont know how to explain it actually. I have been taking SOME kind of supplement since I was like 12 when I first started working out. I started out with BCAAs, and then whey protein, and finally moved into creatine etc.

My parents were kinda wierd like "is that stuff natural, is that stuff healthy?" But after a few years my parents just stopped saying anything about it. I mean my room is PACKED with supplements. All kinds of sh!t. Old stuff that most of it I dont even take.

My grandpa especially is like "that stuff is messing up your mind bla bla bla." Haha its actually really funny. Sometimes Ill try and explain - but most of the time I just ignore what they say. I dont think that I would get horrible results without supplements but I DO think that they help.

They supplement my diet and training. Which is exactly what theyre supposed to do. Anyway thanks for checking out my journal man. How old are you etc.? I am 18 Ill be 19 in October.

MS

Strongman
    Monstar, I've noticed you make a new journal about once a week, and you change routines often...so are you sure this is the "final journal?"

btw nice standing curl! 135 x 4 would be sweet!
    Four-Time World's Strongest Man

Well, I support ya bro! hope ya reach your goals!

btw.. you don't need to worry about weight loss because I think it'll happen indirectly through your wallet on the cost of all those supplements!
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

Originally posted by MonStar

How old are you etc.? I am 18 Ill be 19 in October.

I'm 20--going to be a senior in college in September. Still not old enough to go to the bars! I live in an apartment with 3 other guys my age for 75% of the year, but I live at home with the folks over the summer. At school, nearly everyone has some sort of supplement that they never use sitting in their closet--so I'm not an outcast there....however, most people there use either protein or creatine--so when people see flaxseed oil in my freezer, theyre like "why are you drinking fat"???? You'd be amazed how hard it is for smart college kids to grasp the fact that certain fats are very healthy.

MS, just curious as to why you switched from HST, I'm still considering giving it a shot pretty soon, but wondering why you quit it. Was there something you didn't like about it? Anyway, good luck with the dieting and the new routine. Still kind of question your binge fests you have when trying to lose body fat, but if it works for you, keep it up.

Monstar, I wish you luck. This binging...yeah, I've been there and still am there. I wonder sometimes if I could just stop and never have another binge again, but I doubt it. They happen at the strangest times. Really some frustrating bullsh*t, huh.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

bone crusher
    well i laugh at this being your last journal but oh well

Your dedication is admirable.

Originally posted by Magnus
    Monstar, I've noticed you make a new journal about once a week, and you change routines often...so are you sure this is the "final journal?"

btw nice standing curl! 135 x 4 would be sweet!
    Yeah man seriously, hehe, curling 135 for 4 would be the hot sh!t wouldnt it. Today I did 115 for 5 which was pretty good I guess. It was at the end of a long a*s back session though which f*cked my biceps up pretty hard. Well see how things go. Anyway thanks for checking out my journal - I hope to continue to do so in the future.

Originally posted by gregnb
    Well, I support ya bro! hope ya reach your goals!

btw.. you don't need to worry about weight loss because I think it'll happen indirectly through your wallet on the cost of all those supplements!
    Yeah man I really appreciate all support. I appreciate you supporting me man. Please feel free to post frequently even on a daily basis - it really keeps things interesting and less monotonous etc. Yeah I know I do concern myself a lot with my weight. I am not really sure why because it can definitely flucuate even on a daily basis.

Haha yeah I do take a pretty massive load of supplements.

Originally posted by JohnnyAutoParts
    I'm 20--going to be a senior in college in September. Still not old enough to go to the bars! I live in an apartment with 3 other guys my age for 75% of the year, but I live at home with the folks over the summer. At school, nearly everyone has some sort of supplement that they never use sitting in their closet--so I'm not an outcast there....however, most people there use either protein or creatine--so when people see flaxseed oil in my freezer, theyre like "why are you drinking fat"???? You'd be amazed how hard it is for smart college kids to grasp the fact that certain fats are very healthy.
    Good luck going to school for your Senior year in September man. Thats cool that you live with your friends while your in school. Ill be living at home this first year I think. Then towards the end of this year me and my girlfriend Brittany will probably end up getting married. Well see. I might be too young but I know how I feel.

Yeah man most people have serious trouble understanding many aspects of bodybuilding. In my experience at least.

Originally posted by CBates
    MS, just curious as to why you switched from HST, I'm still considering giving it a shot pretty soon, but wondering why you quit it. Was there something you didn't like about it? Anyway, good luck with the dieting and the new routine. Still kind of question your binge fests you have when trying to lose body fat, but if it works for you, keep it up.
    I dropped HST for # of reasons. I created a thread on it in the Training Board you can check it out if you like. Reasons like the same old workout again and again gets very boring, working out 3x a week isnt too much fun, working out with such light weights when you can lift a lot heavier isnt much fun. I just really enjoy hitting musclegroups once per week. Maybe I am wierd. Like moving heavy poundages!

Thats man, I am seriously trying to get rid of the binges all together. Theyre really hindering my fat-loss big time. Gotta stop that immature undisciplined horsesh!t.

Originally posted by Jane
    Monstar, I wish you luck. This binging...yeah, I've been there and still am there. I wonder sometimes if I could just stop and never have another binge again, but I doubt it. They happen at the strangest times. Really some frustrating bullsh*t, huh.
    Yeah definitely binging seriously f*cks you up. I always feel like total sh!t the next day. Just fat and disgusting EW. I am always telling my girlfriend the day after a binge, "I feel so f*cking fat." Of course shes always encouraging saying, "youre not fat!" But obviously I feel fat after eating 10,000+ calories the day before.

After a binge exactly I am thinking Ill NEVER binge again, then it happens again. Frustrating.

Originally posted by the doc
    well i laugh at this being your last journal but oh well

Your dedication is admirable.
    Haha I am going to try and surprise you guys, and myself, by keeping this journal for more than a month! Seriously though I really am. Hopefully with all of your support I will be able to.

MS

bone crusher
    well binging is anabolic
    so dont think of it in such a negative fashion.
    Just dont make a habit of it...lol

Originally posted by the doc
    well binging is anabolic
    so dont think of it in such a negative fashion.
    Just dont make a habit of it...lol
    Good point doc. Thats kind of what I think sometimes. I mean when I think about binging probably 5% of all I think is that, oh well its anabolic to take in a surplus of calories. But then again a surplus of protein and complex carbs is different than a surplus of fat and sugars.

MS

It would not do if I didn't spam your new journal.

I certainly hope you lose the weight. It seems like you've been stuck searching for a solution to get that final 10-20lbs off and increase your strength at the same time.

It would be great to hear you say "I'm starting a new journal because I ready to bulk and add some serious size..." - if that's your next goal.

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my supplements by clicking here, view a description of my training by clicking here, and finally view my current training goals by clicking here)

WEEK 1 | DAY 2
    Tuesday, June 4, 2002

Cardio.
      Before Meal 1: 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating one minute of level 6 with one minute of level 8.

After Meal 3: 20 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Lean-Body MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (380 calories, 53g protein, 39g carbs, 2g fat)

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk
      (390 calories, 27g protein, 40g carbs, 17g fat)

Meal 3: 3 servings protein + 1 cup skim milk
      (380 calories, 66g protein, 23g carbs, 5g fat)

Meal 4: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + low-fat salami + 3 slices low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + 1 cup skim milk
      (500 calories, 38g protein, 35g carbs, 23g fat)

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple + 1 cup skim milk
      370 calories, 34g protein, 37g carbs, 11g fat)

Diet Totals.
      Total Calories: 2020
      Total (g) Protein: 218g - 42%
      Total (g) Carbs: 174g - 33%
      Total (g) Fat: 58g - 25%

Overall Comments.
      Feel okay today. I feel less fat than yesterday, but I still definitely feel fat. Which kind of sucks I guess. Oh well this is completely expected. I have a low-fat refeed coming up on Thursday which should be fun. Ill just look forward to that any time I happen to get a craving.

Overall today I basically felt fat. Like a big fat ill-discipline blob. Hopefully tomorrow Ill feel a little better. Looking forward to a good delt and trap workout tomorrow. Hit up some heavy a*s deads and BTN presses.

Pain/Soreness.
      Wow my lats and my midback are killing me today holy sh!t. Really hurting. Lower traps are aching too. My biceps and my brachioradialis are really hurting too. Forearms hurt too! Along with my abs and obliques.

Sleep.
      9 hours sleep last night. Woke up once to use the bathroom.

Supplements.
      Precardio: 1 Adrenalin + 5g glutamine

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Before Bed: 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
      Didnt workout today.

Water.
      Took a good amount today, maybe need some more tomorrow.

Weight.
      Today precardio, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 203.5 lbs. Not too much I am definitely down from yesterday which is good. Hopefully Ill be down tomorrow as well.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-04-2002 at 10:06 PM.

Well, Micky. Today completes my first week of cutting and i haven't strayed from diet once yet. I want you to do the same. These next seven days, if you ever feel like cheating, just think of my face when i find out ~~~>

"Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Well, Micky. Today completes my first week of cutting and i haven't strayed from diet once yet. I want you to do the same. These next seven days, if you ever feel like cheating, just think of my face when i find out ~~~>

Haha aight man Ill do that. I WILL NOT cheat in the next 7 days. I feel so f*cking fat right now I cant imagine myself cheating in the next 7 weeks. But then again knowing myself I probably will. Maybe I am just not positive enough hehe.

Again thanks for the support, appreciate it.

MS