The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    out the back of the gym snorting an oz of creatine

wtf, both shoulders making "clicking" sound

im 18, ~5"11, 198lb i have just started bodybuilding seriously, i been doing my shoulders alot in the past 2 weeks i have some how gone from 2.2kgs to 4.5kg on lateral raises, i just did 5 reps of 7kgs and my shoulders where making a clicking sound at the joint, i know if it continues its gonna do some joint damage, what have i done wrong, could it be my form, its not perfect my arms do wander forwards abit.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

This happens to me on DB press. yea it sux, its genetic but i think its fixable. one time i was able to do shoulders w/o that pain and clicking noise. perhaps u can switch exercises? (i canot do upright rows or lat raises to the front no matter what)
    "Pumpin ain't easy"

If you're doing military presses behind your neck, then I'd guess that's the problem, if not then I dunno.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

if its painful, STOP!!!
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

its not painful but its not good either, its the actual joint rubbing together

yea it is genetic,
    i will give lateral raises a rest for a week.

get some chrondiatom(sp?) and glucosamine my shoulders click It not serious from what i have read on it
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    My knees click when I do squats, my shoulders click when I do anything but neutral OH presses. It doesn't hurt at all, just weirded me out for a while. Ask your doctor if you're concerned. Otherwise, turn up your music.

are you talking about like cracking yoru knucles kinda of clicking? or somethin else. My kness crack when i go to low.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

oops, i have my own definition of hurt/pain haha. for me, it doesn't owch HURT. when i mean hurt, i mean it adversly affects lifts. wierd definition, but thats what i call hurt,too :-D like when i do shoulder DB press, i can do it really well n the begining, but i fail for some reason. its not a positive fail, i just can't help but give up the set.... the popping noise only happens to my left shouder, and thats the shoulder that gives up. (my right shoulder coudlve gone on till its tired)
    "Pumpin ain't easy"

Originally posted by RussianRocket
    are you talking about like cracking yoru knucles kinda of clicking? or somethin else. My kness crack when i go to low.
    no its like a double jointed sorta clicking not a crack

my right knee always clicks a bit (cant hear but i can feel it) when i squat and break a few degrees past parallel

is it when you go for a layup, like this? <raises michelob up>

lol

I've got pretty worn shoulders from about 15 years of paddling kayaks. I get some problems with clicks. I've been told that it is where the tendons flick across the bones of the joint. It can be the result of an injury(my ankle also clicks from an old rugby injury).

As to what to do? Well all you can do is try not to work the area, or do it as little as you can. I have noticed that as I have grown and got stronger that the shoulders have improved a lot.

Someone above made a comment above about Military press, and yes that used to aggravate the problem for me, so maybe streer away from that excercise for a while.

I would say that if you feel any pain what so ever, stop immediately. And if you're not feeling pain, just continue, just be careful and listen to your body.

all my body does that clicking, even when streching , but thats cos im double jointed

Blue veined member !
    i have the exact same problem....its been pi$$in me off for weeks now......i was doing a set of laterals the other day and my right shoulder was just failing.....i could get the weight up..but couldnt lower the weight slowly, it just kept falling down. I get the clicking when i do dumbell press. It`s a royal pain in the ass.
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur