3x8 @ 135

1 leg squats
    2x15

Crunch
    3x25

Adductors
    3x20
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Skipped my ME bench workout Sunday - needed to sleep in and had to go to my nephew's 3rd b-day party.

Went to a BBing contest on saturday (helped out the promoter, who is a bud from another board.)

Kinda fun. Excellent people watching.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

8/13 DE Squat

Box squat
    8x2 @ 265

This was pretty heavy, speed suffered a bit.. I think I'll knock it back down to 245 next week, and wave back up in 5 pound increments for the 3 weeks prior to the meet.

Sumo deads (speed)
    135x5
    225x3
    275x6x1

Took 30 seconds between singles.

SLDL
    135x8
    225x8
    275x5, 4, 4

Hypers
    +35x8, 8, 8, 8

Pull down abs
    150x20, 20
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

8/15 DE bench

Bench press

8x3 @ 175 speed good. 3 grips

245x1, 265x1. They went up without too much strain, but speed sucked.

Close grips
    135x12
    195x5
    205x5 PR
    210x5 PR

Rev grip pressdowns
    80x15
    100x15
    120x3x12

Chins
    10, 5, 4

DB Cleans
    15x15
    25x3x12

Hammer curls
    Drop set
    40x4, 20x8, 10x8
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

8/16 ME Squat

Cambered bar squats
    45x8
    95x8
    135x5
    185x3
    225x3
    275x1
    295x1
    305x1
    315x1
    335xmiss

Good mornings
    3x8 @ 145

Pull thrus
    3x12

leg raises
    3x20
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    When doing your dynamic work, ala speed bench, are you locking each rep out or is the main focus of the dynamic work simply to get the weight off your chest as explosively as possible? Sorry if this isn't the place to be asking.

It's the right place.

Every rep is full ROM, so yes, I lock them out.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Ok, so how are the results on this program? Have you compared any major lifts in order to judge progress?

You have excellent timing.

I'm testing them on my next ME days.

I was going to do a meet in early Sept, but the timing (as usual) is terrible. It's the weekend before both my wife and I have to do business travel... and she can't go. (she'll have too much stuff to get in line before she leaves). I'm not doing my first meet without my wife being able to watch.

There is one coming in Oct I might do, although I don't know how far away it is... and I heard there might be one in Dec near me... otherwise, I'll have to hold off 'till next Feb (there is usually a meet in MD every Feb)

Anyway, since I'm not doing the Sept meet, it's time to test.

I'm pretty confident I got it right this time around.. The heavy sets I've been doing after speed work have felt pretty easy for the most part, so I think I'll be pleased.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

ME Bench

Close Grip Bench
    45x10
    95x8
    135x5
    185x3
    225x3
    245x1
    255x1
    265x1
    275x miss. Damn.

Flat DB press
    100's x 5, 5, 3

Rope pressdown
    110x 15, 12, 10, 7, 6

Hammer iso Row
    90x10
    180x 10, 8, 8, 7

Hammer BNP
    3x12 @ 90

Hammer curl
    3x15 @ 15

Biceps tendonitis was getting to me.

Close grip Pr is 265x1, I really thought i had the 275. 265 went up easy, but the 275 moved about an inch off my chest.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

8/27 Bench

Gonna swicht to a more traditional periodized routine for a while. Train 3x a week instead of 4.

Tested Bench press, and found some set points for the rest of bench/push day.

Bench press
    45x8
    135x5
    185x3
    225x1
    245x1

Then:
    275x1
    290x1 PR
    300x miss.

We'll take that. Last bench PR was 275, with misses at 285. 15 pounds in about 8 weeks ain't too shabby. The 300 got stuck about an 8th of an inch off my chest.

This was done in a power rack, with a pause at the bottom. No lift off.

Incline DB press
    2x12 @ 70

Standing OH BB press
    45x12
    95x 8, 8

My shoulders get totally shot by benching.

Lateral raise
    20x12, 12

Lying DB ext
    20x15
    25x12, 12

That's it.

Next week add in a set of flyes, and maybe another tricep lift.

Thursday, I squat.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Nice benching pops!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Good job Paul.

Thanks!

It was tough fitting my walker into the power rack, but I did it.

I was going to squat tonight, but I was at an installation all day at Camden Yards. My diet today has consited of a MetRX before I left, 3 slices of pizza, 2 Diet cokes, a regular coke, and a Snickers bar.

I'm so dehydrated I'm dusty.

So, I just got home, checked e-mail, etc... and I think I'll pend the squat max for tomorrow.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Sat, Aug 31.

Went out Friday night, stayed out too late to see my brothers band (www.mooseattack.com).

so Saturday, I wasn't really feeling up top lifting, but had to get it in.

So...

Warmed up.

365 x 1 was easy.

405x1 (I could have hit a double, I think)

Stopped there. My hip is bothering me, and I was not 100%.

I'll take the 405 as a max, although I think I'm good for more.

Pulling tonight.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Skipped the pull. Tired. Work too much.

Might go tonight, might not.

Busy as shiznit at work.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

What is it you actually do at work? (Besides post on WBB).

Something about data modelling, right?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Strategic planning and analysis.

I just happen to be swamped with some stuff I have to get done before a business trip next week.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 09-04-2002 at 02:14 PM.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

You fancy explaining what that means?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

I'd rather not.

Basically, I spend most of my time working with operations folks (I'm in operations) working to find drivers to improve cost, quality, and speed of service of a network of service providers. I also spend quite a bit of time planning for improving these results, and helping our providers plan (I'm kinda like a business consultant at times). I also serve as a strategic link between field employees and HQ (I remind them WHY they are doing what they do.) I am also a consultant to the head of operations in my region. I also serve as bait to get really good looking women to come work here.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.