The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Chest is growing (slowly) but collar bones still sticking out

I've been working on my chest as much as possible, and I'm finally seeing results in the middle and lower part. My collar bones still protrude quite a bit (I'm skinny), and nothing I do seems to fill them in.

Is there anything that can be done, or do some folks just have larger and more prominent collar bones?

Thanks for any replies.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyleg View Post
    (I'm skinny)

Is there anything that can be done, or do some folks just have larger and more prominent collar bones?
    you answered your own question. i mean, genetics play a huge role in the way your body looks, but at the same time... being "skinny" probably has alot to do with this problem you are having.

height?
    weight?

probably just need to keep working, keep eating, and this will keep you growing.
    I may have "Love" on my head, but i have Hate in my heart.

Eat more and do incline dumbell or barbell bench presses. Much emphasis on the eat more part though. Shoot for 3 sets of 10 on the barbell bench.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for the reply, 2kool. I'm 5'11" (used to be 6'1"), and now weigh a bit under 150, down from 180 when I was drinking a lot of beer.

I don't feel any muscle over the bones, so I don't know what would be built up over them. I guess I just have to live with it.

How does one shrink 2 inches if you aren't like over 60?

Anyway, not sure if thread is serious or a troll or what, but are you tall and under 150 and you are wondering why your collar bone sticks out? 150 is even under the normal weight for that height, weightlifting aside.
    Last edited by FearFactory; 02-15-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Everyones collar bones show...there isnt a specific muscle that goes over the collar bone so its not like you will ever have a thick slab of lean mass covering them. Yes when you gain weight they will become less prominent just because you are filling out, but at 150lbs you have a long way to go...good luck and keep workin hard
    Last edited by 03mach421; 02-15-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    6'1"
    200lbs
    Dead: 425
    Bench: 270
    Squat: 350

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by FearFactory View Post
    How does one shrink 2 inches if you aren't like over 60?

Anyway, not sure if thread is serious or a troll or what, but are you tall and under 150 and you are wondering why your collar bone sticks out? 150 is even under the normal weight for that height, weightlifting aside.
    Im 240lbs at 6'0" and mine stick out. Im hoping that at 270lbs they will be less prominent .

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyleg View Post
    and nothing I do seems to fill them in.
    How about eating enough to fill them in. I'm 6'2" @ 185lbs and (I'm skinny). If you're 5'11 @ 150lbs you're probably rail thin. Like all the above posters stated, start eating more and gain like 40lbs. You likely won't notice them sticking out as much.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Wannabebig Member
    how the hell you shrink 2 inches???

Wannabebig Member
    I'm 61 years old. People can start losing an inch every ten years beginning at age 40.

At my age, extra calories tend to settle around the middle. I'm adjusting my intake of everything--calories, fat, and carbs--as I see my waist get fatter or thinner. I'm trying to consume more without it going to the middle.

I've increased my workouts from every other day to a 3 day split with one day off, then 3 on again. I've noticed that's burning more.

20 years ago I ate 3,000 to 6,000 calories a day and didn't really gain weight. Age makes a difference.

It doesn't sound like the area around the collarbones would fill in before I got a big beer gut again.

The way I see it once your chest is built up enough below the collar bone it should appear to be sticking out less

Wannabebig Member Hardgainerwiz's Avatar
    If you gain weight, any kind of weight, the collar bone should be less visible.. along with your shoulder blades on your back. Even if you don't have a big chest, but gain weight, they will be less visible.

Wannabebig Member
    Actually, I'm building muscle that shows. My chest is much more defined. What looks odd are the "holes" or low spots between the collar bones.

I'll just keep at it.

As for shoulder blades, they used to stick out, but now there's muscle around them, so they're not very prominent.