The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,993

    creatine and making weight

    Hey all,

    I love results but I have heard from many that creatine should be dropped a week out to make weight. Does any one do this with results and notice a loss in water weight. I would hate to cut it out and bot need too.

    I'm 241 today and need to be 231 Friday with a 2 hour weigh in.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    765
    505
    755
    Best lifts Equipped
    1050
    840
    715

    Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Senior Member Niko_El_Piko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Posts
    224
    Read this post

    We try that cutting water management with great results.

    To be honest, it depends on each body. In our team some cut creatine others donít. Y usually have to loose between 6/6.5 Lbs, and I donít cut creatine. I donít take it the day before, and take 10 gr with breakfast post weigh in.
    10 lbs is a little bit extreme, especially if you donít have previous experience with "water cutting", so you havnīt got a clue how your body reacts.
    If I were you, I would cut creatine 1 wk before weigh in.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,486
    You should drop 3-5 lbs over a week by cutting creatine. The guys I know with the most success water load before they cut. That way your body bunches back fast after making weight. They all do 24-hour weigh in though.
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_El_Piko View Post
    Read this post

    We try that cutting water management with great results.

    To be honest, it depends on each body. In our team some cut creatine others donít. Y usually have to loose between 6/6.5 Lbs, and I donít cut creatine. I donít take it the day before, and take 10 gr with breakfast post weigh in.
    10 lbs is a little bit extreme, especially if you donít have previous experience with "water cutting", so you havnīt got a clue how your body reacts.
    If I were you, I would cut creatine 1 wk before weigh in.
    I have done multiple cuts. I just never cut creatine before. With 2 hour weigh ins Im trying to factor everything in. I think ill just cut it out to be safe.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    765
    505
    755
    Best lifts Equipped
    1050
    840
    715

    Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

  6. #5
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    I don't drop much water or gain much when taking creatine. Everyone is different I suppose.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  7. #6
    Senior Member Niko_El_Piko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    I have done multiple cuts. I just never cut creatine before. With 2 hour weigh ins Im trying to factor everything in. I think ill just cut it out to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I don't drop much water or gain much when taking creatine. Everyone is different I suppose.
    We all agree then.

  8. #7
    Wannabebig Member SchultzeStrengt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    9
    2 hour weigh in... I wouldn't bother. I cut 17lbs with water loading without dropping creatine but it was a 24 weigh in. I just didn't take my creatine on the day I cut. I doubled up immediately after in my gatorade.
    Best Meet Lifts

    Raw 308
    Squat: 730
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 750
    Total: 2005

    Next up 2100 Raw!
    http://schultzestrength.blogspot.com/?m=1

  9. #8
    Senior Member Niko_El_Piko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by SchultzeStrengt View Post
    2 hour weigh in... I wouldn't bother. I cut 17lbs with water loading without dropping creatine but it was a 24 weigh in. I just didn't take my creatine on the day I cut. I doubled up immediately after in my gatorade.
    You wouldnīt bother what!?
    Itīs how thing are set. He has a 2 hour weigh in, he needs to cut weight or fall in the heavier division. Pretty simple.

    Read the link I posted up there.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rock Falls IL
    Posts
    740
    231? What kind of weight class is that? I really don't think it matters what class you go in at you will dominate regaurdless. Two hrs weigh in doesn't give you a lot of time to put 10 lbs back on very fast.

  11. #10
    Wannabebig Member SchultzeStrengt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_El_Piko View Post
    You wouldnīt bother what!?
    Itīs how thing are set. He has a 2 hour weigh in, he needs to cut weight or fall in the heavier division. Pretty simple.

    Read the link I posted up there.
    I meant that I wouldn't bother cutting weight with a 2 hour weigh in.
    Best Meet Lifts

    Raw 308
    Squat: 730
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 750
    Total: 2005

    Next up 2100 Raw!
    http://schultzestrength.blogspot.com/?m=1

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    737
    For me, creatine is a sure fire way to guarantee I make weight. I'll get the diarrhea about 2 hours after taking it and crap like a goose for the next several hours. If I ever got sick and decided I needed to cut weight, creatine would definately be something I'd consider taking.


    Now for the average person who doesn't have GI upset from creatine, the question you need to ask yourself is how long have you been on it? Yes some of the gains you see from creatine initially come from water retention, however over time, your body should stabilize. This means you can keep the same dose, cut weight through water manipulation, and not think that creatine will cause you to retain more or less fluid. That is in theory.... I can't say from any experience because I don't take creatine and as far as I know the fast majority of the people I've helped cut weight don't take it either. Or if they do, I don't know about it.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

    Single ply: 931 squat, 760 bench, 530 deadlift and 2180 total
    Multi ply: 960 squat, 770 bench, 550 deadlift and 2250 total.

    The next stop: PRO total.

    HOO's Gym: building the strongest gym in the South, one plate at a time.

Similar Threads

  1. Making weight for a meet
    By Christianiron in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 11:23 PM
  2. Not gaining weight, so Making big changes!
    By eddie500 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 12:37 PM
  3. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 07:05 AM
  4. Making weight- water intake
    By Chris Rodgers in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-12-2002, 12:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •