Thread: Adjusting calories in summer

Wannabebig Member

Adjusting calories in summer

Since summer is near, and I work manual labor.. Should I up my calories to help compensate for it? I am planning on cutting in a few weeks anyways, but I was just wondering if I should up my calories after my cut to help maintain weight. I load trailers for 10~ hours a day and its usually 10 degrees hotter in the trailer than it is outside.

At the moment, I'm 160.4 lbs and around 11-12% bodyfat (my guess since I can finally see my abs when I flex ) and I'm consuming 2500 calories a day.

Thanks!

short answer, yes.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Well I figured I needed to increase my calories.. but I'm not really sure by how much. Last year I dropped 20 lbs (went from 170 to 150) over the summer eating everything I saw and drinking at least one 44oz Dr. Pepper every day but I still had a fairly high bodyfat. (I no longer do neither one of those.. 1 12oz diet dr. pepper a day )

So.. assuming a 44oz fountain soda has 550 calories I probably just need to cut and then eat about 2500 calories. Would that be right?

Always learning
    I'm amazed that you only eat 2500 calories a day with that active of a lifestyle honestly.
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but no one wanna lift this heavy ass weight."

Quote Originally Posted by GWilly View Post
    Since summer is near, and I work manual labor.. Should I up my calories to help compensate for it? I am planning on cutting in a few weeks anyways, but I was just wondering if I should up my calories after my cut to help maintain weight. I load trailers for 10~ hours a day and its usually 10 degrees hotter in the trailer than it is outside.

At the moment, I'm 160.4 lbs and around 11-12% bodyfat (my guess since I can finally see my abs when I flex ) and I'm consuming 2500 calories a day.

Thanks!
    adjust calories fot activity level, not for weather temperature.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54