Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar's Journal

MonStar's Journal

My last journal here @ WBB.

This is not a joke, this is a fact. For all of you who doubt, and without a doubt have reason to, I encourage you please not to flame. I am hoping that all of you guys here at WBB will help me make this my last thread here in the journals board.

I am starting this journal on 6-7-2002. I seriously want this motherf*cking journal to last until 6-7-2003. I know that you guys are all thinking "no f*cking way." But I am thinking yes f*cking way. I dont know what my problem is.

Just need your support. Its summer now and cheating and binging cant be happening. Please guys I need all of your support.

MS

Diet.
    • I am going to be doing a basic diet thats actually kind of similar to what I did before, a cyclical isocaloric diet. Only this time around I am not going to have the refeed days. As you probably know an isocaloric diet is basically approximately 33% protein, 33% carbs, and 33% fat. On my isocaloric days Ill be taking in the following, roughly.

2000 - 2300 calories
      180 - 200g protein
      180 - 200g carbs
      60 - 80g fat

Okay here is where the fun comes into play. Every 3 or 4 days in every microcycle I will refeed for a few hours. Its called a refeed day although the actual refeeding only takes place after around 5:00 - 6:00 PM. Basically during this time Ill take some ALA or whatever and just pig the f*ck out. And I dont mean cheat with one little meal. I mean eat until I am going to puke all over myself. The most important part of this though is to cheat with very LOW-FAT foods. Gorge and stuff and feast and just binge like a total psychopath, going all out. Now keep in mind that this is only 5% of the week. The other 95% of the week is spent dieting strictly with the isocaloric diet above. Makes my diet much more pliable. Lots of foods like sugar candies, soda, spaghetti, etc.

On my refeed day Ill be doing cardio and everthing like that. Nothing else will be different.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-06-2002 at 11:49 PM.

Supplements.
    • Ill be taking the following supplements. I have broken them into specific categories to make them easier to view.

Daily Supplements
      - multi-vitamin/mineral
      - 3g vitamin C
      - 1200 IUs vitamin E
      - 3 Calcium Complete
      - 3-6 mg. melatonin before bed
      - 5g glutamine before bed

On rest days Ill do some early AM cardio and beforehand either Adrenalin or Lipodryl, and 5g glutamine.

Postworkout
      - 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      - 5g creatine
      - 5g glutamine peptides
      - 3g arginine
      - 1g ginger
      - 250 mg. ALA
      - 250 mg. Aminogen

The ingredients in Cell-Tech are..

1/2 Serving Of Cell-Tech Contains...
      37.5g dextrose
      5g creatine
      1g taurine
      100 mg. ALA

Also Currently I am taking three different fat-burners, the first Ill be taking preworkout, called Liquid Clenbutrx by VPX Sports. The ingredients to Liquid Clenbutrx are as follows..

1 Serving Of Liquid Clenbutrx Contains...
      Thermogenic/Nuerogenic Blend:
      MaHaung Extract (Standardized at 8%)
      Citrus Aurantium Extract (Standardized for 10% Synephrine)
      Guarana (Standardize for 22% Caffeine)
      White Willow Extract
      L-Tyrosine
      Bioperine
      Proprietary Thyrogenic, Insulinogenic and Ant-Estrogenic Blend:
      Methoxivone (5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-isoflavone)
      Guggulsterones (E & Z) (Standarized at 10%)
      Ipriflavone (7-Isopropoxy Isoflavone)
      Phenylpropanolomine
      Yohimbe Extract (Standardize at 8%)
      Bis-Glycina

The second and third fat burners Ill be alternating week to week. Every Tuesday Ill switch from one to another. Ill be taking them twice during the day. Just never or preworkout and (AM precardio. The first is called Adrenalin. The ingredients to Adrenalin are..

1 Serving Of Adrenalin Contains...
      200 mg. caffeine
      35 mg. 1R 2S norephedrine hcl
      100 mg. of synephrine hcl
      3.4 mg. of yohimbine hcl

The second is Lipodryl, the ingredients are..

1 Serving Of Lipodryl Contains...
      20 mg. ephedrine hcl
      200 mg. caffeine
      150 mg. quercetin
      333 mg. vitamin C

On my refeed day Ill only be taking one serving of Adrenalin / Lipodryl. Ephedrine blunts the secretion of insulin which is exactly what I do not want. Also is an appetite supressant which is something else I dont want.

Also with my low-fat refeed Ill be taking 250 mg. ALA twice. First right before I start my binge and then 1/2 way into my refeed.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-06-2002 at 11:50 PM.

Training. (subject to change)
    • Day 1: Chest, Front Delts, Triceps.
      Day 2: Back, Rear Delts, Biceps, Forearms.
      Day 3: Rest.
      Day 4: Quads, Hamstrings Calves.
      Day 5: Side Delts, Traps, Abs.
      Day 6: Rest.
      Day 7: Rest.

Chest, Front Delts, Triceps.
      Flat Barbell Presses: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Dips: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      High-cable Crossovers: 1 set 6-8 reps

Alternating Dumbbell Front Raises: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      One-arm Cable Front Raises: 1 set 6-8 reps

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      One-arm Overhead Dumbbell Extensions: 1 set 6-8 reps

Back, Rear Delts, Biceps, Forearms.
      Wide-grip Underhand Chins: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      One-arm Dumbbell Rows: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Bentover Overhand / Underhand Cambered-bar Rows: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Seated V-bar Pulldowns: 1 set 6-8 reps

One-arm Lying Dumbbell Laterals: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      One-arm Bentover Cable Laterals: 1 set 6-8 reps

Standing Barbell Curls: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 1 set 6-8 reps

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls: 1 set 15 reps
      Wrist Roller Flexion / Extension: 1 sets to failure

Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
      Barbell Squats: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Seated Leg Curls: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Leg Presses: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Seated Leg Extensions: 1 set 6-8 reps

Standing Hack-squat Calf Raises: 2-3 sets 15 reps

Side Delts, Traps, Abs.
      High Pulls: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      One-arm Dumbbell Side Laterals: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      One-arm Cable Side Laterals: 1 set 6-8 reps

Partial Deadlifts: (pyramid up from warm-ups) 2-3 sets 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-10 reps
      Dumbbell Shrugs: 2 sets 3-5 / 6-8 reps
      Static Holds: 2 sets to failure

Machine Crunches: 2-3 sets 15 reps

Anyway there are a few things I wanted to mention. On REST days Ill be doing cardio in the AM and sometimes in the PM. On training days Ill be doing my cardio postworkout. Which should help with the fat-loss.

After 8 continuous weeks of training I will be taking ONE FULL WEEK off of training alltogether. Refeeds and cardio will continue but training will stop for that week. This is to help my body recover and I think overall it is an excellent idea. Jumping back into training should kickstart my body's growth.

In my journal if I increase in weight and/or reps from week to week there will be a (!) next to the set. This way youll know which exercises I increase on etc. If could be a small increase like a 1/2 rep or a big increase like 5 reps, same goes with poundages. It might be a small increase from the week before like 2.5 lbs. or a big increase like 20 lbs. The point is that its an improvement from the week before.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-27-2002 at 05:58 AM.

You know it's in you.

Just find it, use it, and don't expect it to be easy. At least not at first...let it become habit, then it will come more naturally.

Good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Jane
    You know it's in you.

Just find it, use it, and don't expect it to be easy. At least not at first...let it become habit, then it will come more naturally.

Good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it.
    Thanks a lot for the support I appreciate it. Somehow I dont even know what the f*ck goes through my head, I just manage to binge like a f*cking pathetic a*shole. Well in case anyone is wondering I kept my journal the same as my other one except I just changed up my split and, the format of my journal.

Well see the other way was getting too long and drawn out. Took 15 seconds just to scroll down through one journal entry.

But anyway again thanks for the support.

MS

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my supplements by clicking here, finally view a description of my training by clicking here)

WEEK 1 | DAY 1
    6-7-2002

Cardio.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      (postworkout) 20 minutes treadmill, 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Comments.
      Kind of woke up in a bad mood today because of my sleep situation. If my Mom wasnt such a fat mansl*t sh!t like that wouldnt happen. I would get 7+ hours of sleep every single night if I didnt have that b!tch a*s wh*re talking down my throat every motherf*cking chance she got. Jesus.

Anyway obviously I feel extremely fat today. Whenever I start a new journal the night before was a complete feast on nothing but foods that should be restricted to fat people. I dont know what my godd*mn problem is. Went to Hometown Buffet last night with my girlfriend (she cheated too of course, but she cheats on her diet and loses weight!!), and just literally stuffed my face.

I ate a TON of mashed potatoes, corndogs, desserts, you name it. All tasted good at the time but thinking now I dont know how the f*ck I did it. Drank soda, this and that. Then I came home and as if the buffet wasnt enough I decided to stuff my face some more with some Haigen Daas (sp.) ice-cream. Coffee flavored of course.

Really looking forward to an intense workout today. Hitting up chest and tris. I am acutally back on a rather old split from a while back. It was the journal that I kept before HST. Actually got some really really good results with it. Strength was increasing like crazy etc. which is always a good thing in my eyes.

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (360 calories, 50g protein, 33g carbs, 2g fat)

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk
      (390 calories, 27g protein, 40g carbs, 17g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      (420 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 4: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + smoked ham + 2 slices low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + 1 cup skim milk
      (430 calories, 36g protein, 36g carbs, 16g fat)

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple + 1 cup skim milk
      (370 calories, 34g protein, 37g carbs, 11g fat)

Total Calories: 2000
      Total (g) Protein: 191g - 38%
      Total (g) Carbs: 201g - 40%
      Total (g) Fat: 49g - 22%

Pain/Soreness.
      Not sore today at all, feel fine to be honest. Fat as usual but feel fine.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 5 hours sleep. I can thank my motherf*cking b!tch a*s sl*t Mom for that. She woke me up like the motherf*cking b!tch that she is and wouldnt shut her f*cking trap. Along with 2.5 hours which was good. Fell back asleep which is a good thing. Didnt think I was going to but I did.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin/mineral 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 400 IU vitamin E 3x today
    • 1 Calcium Complete 3x today
    • 1 Adrenalin 2x today
    • 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx preworkout
    • 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
    • 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine before bed

Training. Chest, Front Delts, Triceps.
      Flat Barbell Presses:

135 x 6, 185 x 6, 205 x 6, 255 x 2.5 (!), 225 x 5.5, 205 x 8

Awesome sets of bench presses today!! Very intense, good overall sets in my opinion. Started off with 135 for 6, then 185 for 6, then 205 for 6. All pretty easy sets not coming close to failure. Then I jacked up the weight to 255 lbs. and only got 2.5. This is a new personal best for me for weight - but not reps at all! Definitely going to stick with 255 until I can get around 4-5 full reps and then maybe Ill try and increase to 260. I got 250 for 6 before somehow, dont ask me how. Anyway this was still pretty good. Nice hard set. Did my bench sets today in the power rack. Going 1-2" off of my chest with each rep. Dont like the idea of "bouncing" the weight off my chest so I keep my ROM a little more controlled. Anyway hit up 225 next for 5.5, at this point my chest was fried. Finished with 205 for 8 which completely demolished my pecs completely. Good pump in my pecs at this point.

Dips:

+135 x 3 (!), +90 x 6

Woah INTENSE f*cking set of dips today Jesus.. Really murdered my pecs and triceps all the way. Strapped three 45s to my waist. Haha barely could pull the weight up to my waist to do the damn set. This is also a new personal best for me!! This is good news. My last max set of dips was +125 for 6. Dont really know how I did that one either. Oh well. Ill get back up there in a few weeks. Just getting back into this kind of split training from HST. Anyway set of dips literally wiped out my entire upper body, I was beat after this!! Hit my pecs very very hard. I took off an entire 45 lbs. plate and I still only got 6 reps with +90. My chest was just exausted. Next week I am definitely going to try +135 lbs. again no increase at all. Until I get +135 for 4-5 I am not going to be increasing. Pecs were insanely pumped at this point.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:

75 x 6.5, 65 x 7

Two tough sets of flyes today. Used the 75s which is pretty good for me. Really got a good stretch with each and every repetition. Squeezed my pecs hard at the top of every rep and like I said got an awesome stretch at the bottom of every rep. Both excellent sets. Going to hit up the 77.5s next week and see how my pecs handle that. At this point my workout my pecs are so f*cking exausted its tough to get them to perform at all to be honest. Anyway second set was just a joke. I was so f*cking exausted from the first the second just killed me. Pumped up like crazy after this.

High-cable Crossovers:

80 x 7.5

Good finisher for my pecs. Really got some hard slow contractions that totally finished off my pecs completely. Good burn and lactic acid buildup and awesome pump from this exercise. My pecs were swollen like crazy at this point. Going to stick with 80 lbs. on each side until I can get 10 full reps and then Ill bump it up.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

135 x 6.5 (!), 120 x 7

Awesome sets of skulls today!! New personal best!! Great strength here in skulls today holy sh!t. 135 lbs. really wasnt that hard at all for some reason. I dont know what the f*ck happened but believe it or not my sets were to failure, but pretty easy. Somehow I just felt strong in this exercise. Used 135 lbs. for my first set and got 6.5! Looking forward to 140 lbs. next week. Ill see how that goes then but I am sure Ill get at least 4-5. My second set was completely exausting. My triceps were already burnt after the first set so the second basically wiped me out pretty badly. Triceps were pretty pumped up from this exercise.

Seated One-arm Dumbbell Extensions:

30 x 10.5

Great finishing movement for my triceps today. Really hit failure with both arms. Both my left arm and my right arm completely failed at 10.5 reps. Triceps were exausted, and pumped, at this point in my workout. Great burnout movement. Definitely going for a 35 lbs. DB next week though. The 30 was a little too easy. Hopefully with the 35 Ill fail right around 6 - 7 reps. Overall workout was excellent.

Training Length.
      Lasted 45 minutes today. Good length in my opinion. Pretty brief but not too brief. Good length.

Water.
      Good amount today, little thirsty so maybe more tomorrow.

Weight.
      Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 206.5 lbs. Kind of dissapointed but it was honestly expected so its really not a big deal.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-14-2002 at 10:02 PM.

LMFAO - Time for a faster link to the internet, 15 secs way too slow. BTW, try and get stronger this week.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Originally posted by rookiebldr
    LMFAO - Time for a faster link to the internet, 15 secs way too slow. BTW, try and get stronger this week.
    Hehe yeah I know man.. but foreal this is my last journal though here @ WBB no matter what. I know that thats not believable and all that but its true. But anyway you have always supported me which I really really appreciate. Yeah definitely try to get stronger this week man, no doubt.

Looking forward to a good chest and triceps workout today.

MS

... Somehow I hit 1000 views, hehe. A lot are mine though I think I was editing my first journal entry like crazy!

MS

if its really your last journal take a long time filling it up
    we like having you here

:withstupi

Originally posted by captain piddles
    if its really your last journal take a long time filling it up
    we like having you here
    Good point, I will do that as a matter of fact. I enjoy posting here @ WBB and will continue to do so for a long time. Good environment, etc. Really like the people here too, that means you guys.

MS

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my supplements by clicking here, finally view a description of my training by clicking here)

WEEK 1 | DAY 2
    6-8-2002

Cardio.

Comments.
      Feel fat today unfortunately!! Oh well theres nothing that I can do about this at this point. What I have decided to do with my diet is instead of having a 5-6 hour low-fat binge I am going to have a full 48-hour refeed instead. I am only going to go over around 15-20% above maintenance calories each day though.

Right around 3500 calories, 200g protein, 600g carbs, and 30g fat each refeed day. So thats all good, hopefully Ill get stronger and while gradually getting leaner. Thats my goal and probably every bodybuilders goal. Blood&Iron has achieved some good results with 1.5 day refeeds so I am thinking 48 hour refeeds will do good also.

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (360 calories, 50g protein, 34g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk
      (390 calories, 27g protein, 40g carbs, 17g fat)

Meal 4: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + 2 slices low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. mayo
      (350 calories, 29g protein, 26g carbs, 16g fat)

Meal 5: 1 bag peanuts
      (320 calories, 12g protein, 8g carbs, 27g fat)

Meal 6: 2 cups skim milk
      (160 calories, 16g protein, 24g carbs, 1g fat)

Total Calories: 2000
      Total (g) Protein: 178g - 35%
      Total (g) Carbs: 187g - 36%
      Total (g) Fat: 67g - 29%

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest is KILLING me! Triceps are aching too along with my front delts for some reason. But nothing is hurting like my pecs. Theyre like aching like theyve never been this sore before.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 7.5 hours sleep. Woke up once due to the sl*t that lives in my house that is unfortunately my mother who wakes me up like a stupid a*s b!tch.

Supplements.
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 1 Adrenalin 2x today
    • 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout

Training. Back, Rear Delts, Biceps, Forearms.
      Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

-20 x 6, BW x 6, +25 x 6, +60 x 3.5 (!), +45 x 5.5, +25 x 6.5

Totally awesome set of chins today holy f*ck!! Started off with an easy warmup of -20, got some good lat contracitons which was good. Then hit up my BW for 6 which was also easy. Went for +25 for 6 and that actually might have been a tad too hard for a warmup. Oh well. Anyway moved onto my work set and got a new personal best!! +60 lbs. for 3.5 reps. Definitely hit failure with this set no questions asked. Squeezed my lats hard with every rep. Died at 3 reps I barely got another 1/2 rep. After this first work set my lats were spent. Hit up +45 for 5.5 reps, tough set. Expected more reps but oh well. Then finally finished off with +25 for 6.5 reps. Hit failure on all 3 work sets. Going to stick with all of the same weight next week definitely. Until I get around 4-5 full reps with +60, 6-7 full reps with +45, and finally 8-9 full reps with +25 lbs.

One-arm Dumbbell Rows:

95 x 5 (!), 80 x 8.5

Two totally intense sets of DB rows today. Lats were already pretty exausted by the time that I got to this exercise. Chins really wiped me out big time. Used 95 lbs. which was a new personal best for me!! This was really great in my eyes. Really impressed myself with my strength here. I am going to go with a 100 lbs. DB next Saturday and see what happens with that. If I get a full 5 reps then I will increase again to the 105 lbs. DB. Anyway awesome first set. Really got some excellent lat contractions today. Kept my elbow close to my body which really helped me out big time. Squeezed each side all the way. Nice slow reps really feeling out the movement. Moved onto an 80 lbs. DB which was actually too light. Was aiming for around 6-7 reps and I got 8.5, so I am going to go with an 85 lbs. DB next Saturday. Good overall sets.

Bentover Underhand Cambered-bar Rows:

230 x 5.5, 215 x 9.5

Two good hard set of Yates rows. Really got some excellent lat contractions here. By this point my lats were pretty much fried completely which really didnt make the sets too much fun but oh well. Still got some good contractions in my lats which is always a good thing.. Started off with 230 lbs. which is actually great for me. Used 225 lbs. last time I did these. Going to go for 235 lbs. next Saturday because I got more than 4 full reps, with good form etc. Anyway second set was also good. Nice strength here in the second set! Surprised my lats had anything left in them at all. Going to go with 220 lbs. next week since I got such a high amount of reps. I was aiming for around 6-8. Anyway both good sets.

Seated V-bar Pulldowns:

185 x 7.5

Great set of pulldowns today. Failed at 7.5 reps. Nice hard lat contractions today with pulldowns. Probably feel it more in my lats with this one exercise than I do with every single other back exercise that I do which is pretty amazing because its a machine. Anyway again with this machine exercise I am going to wait until I get 8-10 full reps to increase because I am going to end up increasing to 200 lbs. because the pulldown station at my gym inreases in 15 lbs. increments which is probably going to end up being really annoying. Oh well theres nothing I can do.

Standing Barbell Curls:

120 x 3.5, 100 x 7.5

Two tough a*s sets of BB curls today. Pissed me off what my strength was like though. I am thinking that all the sets of vertical and horizontal rows prior to my BB curls is what is causing my strength in my curling movements to suck. By the time that I get to curls my biceps are already fried. Seems to make sense in my eyes. Anyway first set used 120 lbs. Basically 120 lbs. kicked the f*cking sh!t out of me as you can see. Only get 3.5 reps which is a motherf*cking joke in my eyes. Going to stick with 120 lbs. Until I can handle 120 for 4-5 full good solid reps. Second set dropped 20 lbs. because I realized how exausted my biceps were, and got 7.5 reps. Felt it a lot more in my biceps during second set vs. first.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls:

35 x 6.5

Great set of hammers today. Really hit my brachioradialis and brachialis very very hard. Excellent slow reps in each arm, lots of focus and everything like that. Biceps like I said before were just burnt out at this point. Oh well Ill get over it. Anyway going to stick with the 35 lbs. DBs until I can get at least 7-8 reps. Then Ill try and go for an increase up to the 40 lbs. DBs. Cant imagine increasing though anytime soon. Maybe in the next few weeks.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls:

85 x 7.5

Nice hard set of reverse curls today. Good intensity and awesome focus etc. Nice ROM, good form, excellent overall set. Brachioradialis and brachialis again were stimulated completely with this set. Good slow reps, lots of lactic acid buildup. Until I get 8 full reps I am not going to increase the load though. So hopefully next week Ill get 85 lbs. for 7.5 and then the week after Ill go for 90 lbs. and see how I do with that. But anyway good overall set.

Wrist Roller Flexion / Extension:

25 x 7.5

Woah f*cked up my forearms big time!! Really hit my lower arms completely with this exercise. Nice intensity and good focus etc. My TUT was also really great. Probably around a few minutes long. Anyway extended my wrist up until the weight hit my hands was considered one repetition. So as you can see it was a long set. Hit my forearms hard, incredible lactic acid buildup and feeing of exaustion in my lower arms. Grip and hands and forearms were totally burnt out completely at this point.

Static Holds:

360 x :16

Awesome way to finish off my grip today. Really hit my hands and forearms hard. Held onto the weight for a full :16 seconds, maybe even :17 seconds. Great burnout exercise for my lower arms. Actually this exercise came down to a pain exercise. The more pain that you can take in your hands the better off youll do in this exercise I think. Going to go for 410 lbs. next Saturday, and see how I get that. I am aiming for right around 10 second static hold sets, not 15 second sets.

Training Length.
      Lasted 55 minutes today. Little longer oh well not over an hour.

Water.
      Good amount today, need to keep it up..

Weight.
      Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 202.5 lbs. Down a few lbs., probably water weight.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-15-2002 at 01:09 PM.

WEEK 1 | DAY 3
    6-9-2002

Cardio.
      (AM) 20 minutes stationery bike, alternating one minute of level 6 with one minute of level 8.

Comments.
      What else is new I feel like a fat slob today. Thats really nothing new I dont think. The only thing that I have to benefit is that my refeed is tonight. I asked popular diet guru Lyle McDonald what he thought of shorter (5-6 hour refeeds) and heres what he had to say:

"Actually, last summer, out of some weird-idea or another I did this (there was some data showing leptin could get boosted in 5 hours of pigging out or something).. I was training M/W/F and doing like a 5 hour refeed right around training. I'd start with a pre-workout meal and pig out until bedtime). Then go back to dieting the other 36 hours w/ cardio in the morning. Worked well as I recall, muscles stayed full and I always got a good pump and fat kept coming off.

Lyle"

Diet. Refeed Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup 2% milk
      (400 calories, 50g protein, 34g carbs, 7g fat)

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
      (230 calories, 11g protein, 16g carbs, 17g fat)

Refeed: Wow lots of fun in my refeed tonight! Felt like I ate a little more than usual but all good tasting stuff in my eyes. Packed in the low-fat foods like crazy. Ate lots of sugary candy and low-fat / non-fat ice-cream and all that. At a few Lean Cuisine's etc.

Started my refeed tonight right around 7:00 PM I think something like that and I ended it right around 1:00 - 2:00 AM. Basically pigged out the whole time. Not eating anything really really bad but nothing really good either but oh well. All crap like soda and cereal with skim milk etc.

Anyway all good tasting stuff that should easily hold me over until the next refeed which is Wednesday night.

(prior to refeed)
      Total Calories: 630
      Total (g) Protein: 61g - 37%
      Total (g) Carbs: 50g - 30%
      Total (g) Fat: 24g - 33%

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest is still hurting so f*cking badly I dont know what the hell the problem is. Lats and biceps are a little sore too. Triceps too but nothing like my chest!

Sleep.
      Last night I got 7 hours sleep. Woken up again as usual by the sl*t manchild b!tch wh*re, AKA my Mom.

Supplements.
    • 5g glutamine precardio (+ 1 Adrenalin) precardio
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 1 Adrenalin 2x today
    • 500 mg. ALA with start of refeed
    • 500 mg. ALA halfway through refeed

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
      N/A.

Water.
      Okay amount, need more.

Weight.
      Didnt get to the gym today so I couldnt weigh myself unfortunately.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-14-2002 at 10:49 AM.

WEEK 1 | DAY 4
    6-10-2002

Cardio.

Comments.
      Feel okay today I guess. Still feel a little flabby which isnt a good thing but deep down I know that its all psycological. Not too big of a deal I dont think. Anyway looking forward to an intense leg workout today, going to hit up 405 lbs. squats baby!!

Diet. Isocaloric Day.

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 cup 2% milk + 1 serving whey protein
      (380 calories, 37g protein, 31g carbs, 15g fat)

Meal 4: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 1 can tuna + 1 tbsp. mayo
      (410 calories, 38g protein, 24g carbs, 14g fat)

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple + 1 cup 2% milk
      (410 calories, 34g protein, 37g carbs, 15g fat)

Total Calories: 2020
      Total (g) Protein: 203g - 40%
      Total (g) Carbs: 181g - 36%
      Total (g) Fat: 54g - 24%

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest is actually still sore somehow I dont know how. Everything else feels okay.

Sleep.
      last night I got 5.5 hours sleep. Thanks to the sl*t Mom of mine, then fell back asleep for 2 hours which was a good thing.

Supplements.
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 1 Adrenalin 2x today

Training. Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
      Barbell Squats:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 6, 405 x 5 (!), 365 x 6.5, 315 x 8.5

Totally AWESOME sets of squats today. Really really pumped up, but exausted after these sets. Started off hitting up 135 lbs. for 6 which was a joke. Then hit up 225 for 6 which was also very very easy. Then moved onto 315 for 6 which was kind of difficult, but nowhere near failure at all. Then added another 45 lbs. plate and hit up 405 lbs.!! New personal best baby! Very impressed. Took it off the rack and I was just totally like how the f*ck am I going to squat this much weight? It felt like a million pounds on my back. Anyway good sets. After this set I was just so f*cking burnt out I dont even know how I kept going. Since I got 5 reps though I am going to hit up 415 next week. Anyway 365 for 6.5 was a b!tch, my legs were exausted. Then hit up 315 for 7.5 and at this point I was just so f*cking tired it was ridiculous.

Seated Leg Curls:

200 x 6.5, 180 x 7.5

Two good hard sets of leg curls. Squeezed my hamstrings very very hard with some nice slow reps. Really focused hard on my hamstrings and contracting them all the way. Excellent sets. Going to up my first set to 205 lbs. next week and keep 180 lbs. for my second until I can get 180 for 8-9 full reps.

Leg Presses:

610 x 6.5, 570 x 8

Hard set of leg presses holy f*ck. Very very intense. At this point my legs were so motherf*cking exausted it was just ridiculous. Legs were shaking insanely the entire sets. First set of 610 was just unbelievable. Legs were so tired I dont know how the hell I got any reps at all. Didnt think I was going to get one haha. Need to be more confident in my strength I guess. Good ROM on both sets though which was good considering how exausted my legs really were.

Seated Leg Extensions:

200 x 7.5

Awesome set of leg extensions! Really good way to burnout my front thighs all the way. My legs were so f*cking hurt after this set I couldnt even believe it. Tried hard to just keep going and rep out another and another and another. Finally I hit 7 reps and went all out to get 8 - stayed halfway up from 7 to 8 reps for about 20 seconds thought I was going to get it but I didnt. Totally hit failurie with this set.

Standing Hack-squat Calf Raises:

650 x 12, 560 x 15

Two awesome sets of calf raises! Used the hack-squat which I have never used before for calf raises. Can handle a lot more weight on this which is good. I think that the thing only goes up to 800-1000 lbs. or something like that. Ill probably get that by the middle/end of summer. Hopefully. Well see what happens. Form and ROM were excellent though. Really hit my soleus hard which is pretty tough for me to do on any standing calf movement.

Training Length.
      Lasted 45 minutes today. Good length.

Water.
      Pretty good amount, need more.

Weight.
      Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 202 lbs. Good weight I guess since I just refed last night.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-24-2002 at 01:53 PM.

Congrats, Micky. You're now a member of the 400+ club

(Robboe is not a member of this club...yet.)
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by MonStar
    Barbell Squats:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 6, 405 x 5 (!), 365 x 6.5, 315 x 8.5
    Awesome squats bro. Showing some awesome strength - 4 plates per side!!!

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Congrats, Micky. You're now a member of the 400+ club

(Robboe is not a member of this club...yet.)
    Hehe thanks a lot bro. Yeah that was a tough a*s motherf*cking session. Cant believe I got 5 reps I expected like 2-3. Going to hit up 415 next Monday.

Crazy thing is as a freshman in highschool the biggest guy I have ever seen was this guy Joe Manley and put up 405 lbs. on squats as his 1RM. An his quads were like my waist!! Crazy sh!t. The stronger you get the less competition you have.

Originally posted by rookiebldr
    Awesome squats bro. Showing some awesome strength - 4 plates per side!!!
    Thanks a lot man I loaded up the 4 plates on each side and just had get pissed off or I wouldnt have even gotten one rep. Totally exausting set. Literally just completely out of breath afterwards.

MS

Bespoke Super Mod
    Impressive lifting Mike.

You must've been in the zone for that set
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Originally posted by FAngel
    Impressive lifting Mike.

You must've been in the zone for that set
    Thanks a lot FAngel. Yeah that was a good set of squats. I actually worked out around 9:00 PM to be honest so I dont know how in the zone I was I was actually a little tired. I think if it was the afternoon I actually might have, hence "might", gotten a few more reps.

I dont know well see how I handle 415 lbs. next week.

MS

WEEK 1 | DAY 5
    6-11-2002

Cardio.

Comments.
      Feel okay today I guess. Still feel a little flabby which isnt a good thing but deep down I know that its all psycological. Anyway good amount of sleep etc. so I am thinking that my delt and trap workout will be top notch today.

The only supplement that came in the mail today was my Prolab whey. Tried it with some milk and it was pretty tasty. Actually better than I expected. Looking forward to my ephedrine hcl and the other supplements within the next few days.

Diet. Isocaloric Day.

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 cup 2% milk + 1 serving whey protein
      (380 calories, 37g protein, 31g carbs, 15g fat)

Meal 4: 4 cups skim milk + 1 bag pistachios
      (440 calories, 37g protein, 54g carbs, 11g fat)

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple + 1 cup 2% milk
      (410 calories, 34g protein, 37g carbs, 15g fat)

Total Calories: 2050
      Total (g) Protein: 202g - 38%
      Total (g) Carbs: 211g - 40%
      Total (g) Fat: 51g - 22%

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest is actually still sore somehow I dont know how. My quads and hamstrings and glutes are KILLING me! Everything else feels okay.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 8 hours sleep. Good amount of sleep for once in my f*cking life. Its about time. This is a good thing.

Supplements.
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 1 Adrenalin 2x today

Training. Side Delts, Traps, Abs.
      Standing Barbell Overhead Presses:

95 x 6, 115 x 6, 125 x 6, 155 x 2.5 (!), 135 x 5.5, 125 x 7.5

Really good sets of OH presses today. I havnt done this exercise in years, and its a million times harder than BTN presses holy f*ck. I couldnt get over what a difference it was. Anyway started off with 95 lbs. for 6, not too bad at all. Not too much body English. Then hit up 115 for 6, which was a little tougher. Then moved onto 125 for 6 and that was a b!tch actually. Not to failure obviously but still a sh!tty set. Then moved onto a new (first) personal best which was 155 for ONLY 2.5 reps!! Pathetic amount of body English. Little too much in my opinion. Went down to about chin level which was good. Nice ROM and exaustion in my delts. Going to stick with 155 lbs. until I get 5 full solid reps. Then I hit up 135 and only got 5.5 reps. Haha pathetic again. Sticking with 135 until I get 6-7 full reps. Well see. Finally finished with 125 which was also a b!tch and I am sticking with that weight until I get 9-10 reps.

One-arm Dumbbell Side-laterals:

35 x 10, 30 x 11

Awesome set of laterals today. Good focus and nice form and ROM. Really good delt contractions. Really hit my delts hard. Good concentration and focus etc. First set was actually too light. Going to go for 40 lbs. DB next week and see how many reps I can get with that because the first set was too easy. Not easy just not heavy enough I dont think. Anyway again good sets.

One-arm Cable Side-laterals:

40 x 10

Good hard set of cable laterals today. Hit my side delts hard again with this set. Good continous tension on my delts both in the postive and negative part of each lift. Good contractions in my delts etc. Going to stick with 40 lbs. because I tried 50 today and I could barely get one f*cking rep for some reason. I dont know what the hell difference 10 lbs. makes but somehow it killed me.

Partial Deadlifts:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 6, 455 x 4.5 (!), 405 x 6, 365 x 7

Awesome sets of partial deads today!! I feel like the guys that were doing full ROM deads for powerlifting got pissed because they were doing something like 315-365 lbs. and I was hitting up 455 lbs. Anyway easy a*s warmups no problem at all, hit up 455. Woah slow a*s reps totally murdered my traps and grip. Very very good sets. Traps were so burnt after this and so was my grip. New personal best today!! Really impressed myself. Moved onto 405 lbs. for 6 which wasnt really too bad I dont think. Going to stick with 455 until I get 5 full reps, then up it. Going to stick with 405 as my second set until I get 8 full reps, and for my last set I am going to stick with 365 until I get 10 full reps.

Dumbbell Shrugs:

100 x 6.5, 90 x 7.5

At this point my traps were completely exausted and so was my grip. Used the heaviest DBs that my gym has, the 100s. Hit up 6.5 reps which was good I was pretty impressed. Next week I am going to stick with the 100s until I get 8 reps, and the 90s until I get 10 reps. Well see what happens next week. Good sets, hit my traps very very hard. Even though they were so f*cking exausted it was unbelievable.

Machine Crunches:

150 x 15, 150 x 15

Good burnout sets. First set beat the f*cking hell outta my abs and the second did the same. Both tore my abs apart. Excellent sets really getting some good lactic acid buildup all the way. Going to maybe try and go for 155 lbs. next week and see how that goes. Well see what happens. Abs felt completely exausted after this.

Training Length.
      Lasted 50 minutes. Good length I guess gym pretty busy. Bunch of pure powerlifting guys that were pulling hundreds of pounds in the power rack for 45+ minutes on one exercise.

Water.
      Pretty good amount today I guess. Little thirsty very humid outside.

Weight.
      Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 200.5 lbs.. Good weight I guess. Curious to see how my refeed effects this.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-14-2002 at 09:24 PM.

How much are your partials...like how far from the ground do you go too, or whatever...

Originally posted by heathj
    How much are your partials...like how far from the ground do you go too, or whatever...
    A few inches below or close knee level. Makes the lift a lot more on my traps and lower back and grip vs. my hamstrings and glutes etc. Works well at hitting my traps hard.

You should give them a shot.

MS

Originally posted by MonStar
    Standing Barbell Overhead Presses:

95 x 6, 115 x 6, 125 x 6, 155 x 2.5 (!), 135 x 5.5, 125 x 7.5
    MonStar, why try going with such a low rep range (2.5)? It may not have been planned to be that low but since it is, why not go for 145 and get 4 solid reps and work from there up esp. since as you said there was a fair bit of "body english". I thought your routine goals were to stay in the 4-6 rep range, good form.