Thread: I hereby declare squatting is no longer optional for me - I must squat.

I hereby declare squatting is no longer optional for me - I must squat.

After months of struggling with squats and doing only partial that I must squat and I must squat properly!!!

I hate them but it doesn't matter.

Anyhow, I did 10 reps of the olympic bar a$$ to the floor and noticed I get "stuck" at the bottom on the way up. I'm sure it's a balance issue and I'm going to get over it.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" Confucious.

P.S. I don't see how it's possible to not let your knees go slightly ahead of your toes.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

People look retarded doing 3" squats.

You will catch up in no time at all.

Keep it up.

go lighter weight until you are 100% comfortable. Trust me, you dont want to get stuck with 300 lbs on your shoulders at the bottom because you buckled.. not fun.

Re: I hereby declare squatting is no longer optional for me - I must squat.

Originally posted by hemants
    P.S. I don't see how it's possible to not let your knees go slightly ahead of your toes.
    Slightly ahead is fine.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

It's not a huge issue if your bring your knees slightly ahead of your toes. Just make sure that the weight stays over the knees and the lowerback stays straigth.

bone crusher
    it took me around 6 months to get balance, and maximum neuromuscular control and recruitment.

give it time. Work them light and use the leg press to work your legs to failure.

I first started doing squats on a Smith Machine - made it seem a lot less intimadating and the transition to the regular squat rack was no big deal. I just lowered my weights a little and watched other peoples forms. But really if you have access to a Smith you might want to try it. And your right - any excerisize I hate that much must be done.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

Good to know I'm not alone.

In the meantime, I'm going to blast my quads with leg extension and weighted stair climbing after my squats.

dont touch your ass to the floor, just go down to were it feels like you cant get down any further, you legs should almost be at a 45 degree angle, then push up. and yes, all true bb's do squats, wimping out will save you alot of pain, but youll also have a flabby ass

Thanks. I didn't literally mean a$$ too the floor. Basically I go down until my hamstrings are being supported by my calf muscles and there is no more range of motion.

:-)