Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An idea to keep less bombouts at big bench meets

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothish View Post
    I think the word getting pimp slapped over and over is "buffoon", I don't like being the spelling police but come on guys, try a little bit harder.

The idea for the Last Man Standing has some real merit, I am truly sick of watching people bomb out (although a bunch of people bombing out is responsible for my only 1st place Open finish) trying to move opening weights that they've never even hit in training. I don't think it hurts the sport to add a little intrigue and excitement to an event.
    Well, if you don't like being the spelling police, don't be that dickhead, then. That's the same as saying, 'Not to be a jerk, but..."
    Last edited by RhodeHouse; 03-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Banned
    Rob, I look damn good in boy shorts. Plus, after 2 or 3 fake titted, spray tanned broads, they all start too look the same. A good view, but anyone can be in shape like that. Not everyone can be in shape at 300lbs, as you well know.

Besides, people go to the circus to see the elephants, not the mice.

Wannabebig Member
    Rhodes,

Redirect your anger at your English teacher not at me, I'm merely trying to save people from a lifetime of unintentionally ironic spelling errors. Not to be a jerk but ...

Wannabebig Member
    hmmm, my last post seemed a bit douche-like, all I was saying initially is that I liked the proposed format, and that when calling folks names we should have the common courtesy to spell the insults correctly, other than that feel free to blast away, I will never bench 900 lbs (or 650 for that matter) my squat sucks, my deadlift is slightly better (or worse depending on who you are) and after all the running I did in the Army my knees are just trashed enough to know that neither of those lifts will go much higher. But at 44 I set PR's, I'm a big fan of watching and competing in meets even when I get crushed by the competition. So as a fan, not a competitor, I would love to see a meet where people had to hit their opener to advance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothish View Post
    hmmm, my last post seemed a bit douche-like, all I was saying initially is that I liked the proposed format, and that when calling folks names we should have the common courtesy to spell the insults correctly, other than that feel free to blast away, I will never bench 900 lbs (or 650 for that matter) my squat sucks, my deadlift is slightly better (or worse depending on who you are) and after all the running I did in the Army my knees are just trashed enough to know that neither of those lifts will go much higher. But at 44 I set PR's, I'm a big fan of watching and competing in meets even when I get crushed by the competition. So as a fan, not a competitor, I would love to see a meet where people had to hit their opener to advance.
    My English teacher was fantastic. He taught me how to write and express myself on paper. I still contact him. Even after 20 years, I remember what he taught me. I have no reason to redirect my anger at my English teacher. He didn't nitpick and thread post on a powerlifting forum. You did. My "anger' was not misplaced at all.

As for correct spelling, I don't worry too much about the proper spelling of insults. For instance, if I want to say "FUKK", that's just fine. I'll respell words to make them fit into my language, much like Snoop Dogg did with "For shizzel my nizzel" , or whatever it is he says.

Thank you for your service, though. That's one regret I do have. My grandfather served in the Pacific in the Army Air Corps and my dad was a Marine in Vietnam. My brother-in-law serves in the Air Guard and will be redeploying to that shit hole, Afghanistan, in July.