Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 second pause squat with 460lbs. [1 rep]

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-R-M View Post
    So if you think powerlifting is a joke, why did you actively seek out a powerlifting forum, registered, took videos and then posted them. Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.

Good job on the lifts though, you are strong as fuck.
    Powerlifting has BECOME a joke..due to many different reasons..i really don't like to critisize anything or anybody, i'm actually a pretty humble person..but certainly stand tall when needed and don't take shit from no one..i posted video's to share my training..not to look for praise or anything like that...no matter how ''bad'' someone's form is you will never hear/see me criticize someone like the insecure/jealous people that constantly roam the internet, it's pretty pathetic when you can't post a few video's on a internet forum without them being shit on..i post in all different niche forums..not just strength/power forums..part of being mature is being open minded to differences..in this case differences in training, style, form, etc...it's all pretty insignificant when you think about it though..i thought all this nonsense was left back in pre-school, but i guess not..i have thick skin..so it doesn't faze me the least bit..anyways thanks for the compliment..hope all is well.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    and I do have a question, seriously. If you have been trained by IPF legends, why is your squat set up and walk out like it is? It seems to leave room for a lot of improvement.
    Well..why did John Kuc pull with his head down..or Steve Goggins practically good morning his squats..because comfort/preference...my pause squats are at parallel..but i can certainly go below parallel also..and as far as rationalizing or name calling goes..you were the one who called my lifts ''douchey''...i never looked for anybody to be in awe or be impressed with my feats/lifts..i choose to shared them..if that bothers you..that may be another story..but congrats..you did a great job shiting on my video's..
    Last edited by Matteo Paolo; 03-13-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Bodybuilding..lol..no..fitness modeling..big difference..bodybuilders are in shape about a month out of the..fitness models are in shape all year round+i wouldn't call my physique a bodybuilding material.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FearFactory View Post
    Legit question here..

How do you suddenly hit depth in meets? I watched all your squat videos and not one was to depth, actually most were not even close to parallel, much less below parallel which the USAPL requires. Just curious how you suddenly turn it on come meet day.
    The 405lbs. for 20 reps surely was at parallel..as far as turning it on goes..when i used to compete..it was probably that ''bury it or get redlighted''reaction..anyone who was ever at a USAPL meet knows how strict they are.

This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo Paolo View Post
    Well..why did John Kuc pull with his head down..or Steve Goggins practically good morning his squats..because comfort/preference...my pause squats are at parallel..but i can certainly go below parallel also..and as far as rationalizing or name calling goes..you were the one who called my lifts ''douchey''...i never looked for anybody to be in awe or be impressed with my feats/lifts..i choose to shared them..if that bothers you..that may be another story..but congrats..you did a great job shiting on my video's..
    So you shared the videos for the purpose of a cultural crusade and to expose our community to your unique form of training?

Your response still didn't answer why you lose all your tightness when you unrack the bar and then bounce all around until you get in position to squat.

If you are offended by the word douchey, I'll amend that to goofy videos. It is interesting you have decided the powerlifts have little importance to you and you have assigned some arbitrary measures for your own strength. I guess that shows you are more evolved with the rest of us. I would just like to see a real squat or real deadlift video where we don't have to be uncertain of the actual weight.

Also, since you are an MMA fighter do you have any sort of record or do you just trane UFC?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

..''professional'' in powerlifting means lifters that are not drug tested and wear a ton of multi ply gear..under loose judging..and yes..they are trolls because if they weren't they wouldn't criticize every video of mine..just because they can't do it themselves.
    I'd feel bad for the pile on if it wasn't for this.

Look bud, nobody denied you're strong. The thing most people took issue with was your horrendous form, particularly on those zerchers. Then when well-meaning people (with, quite honestly, more experience than you) tried to give you pointers, you had an instant response essentially brushing them off. When we pointed out that some of these people are quite accomplished in their own rights (and, five or ten years ago, were likely where you were now), you then proceeded to belittle them.

Nobody is "hating" on you. But please do realize that everyone else posts videos here for feedback, criticism, and self-improvement, whereas you seem to be looking for everything but.

It's an issue of maturity, which you sorely lack.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

How can you count lifts that you got redlighted on?????

Also, you are really misguided on powerlifters in general. Most of them are actually very lean.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-R-M View Post
    So if you think powerlifting is a joke, why did you actively seek out a powerlifting forum, registered, took videos and then posted them. Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.

Good job on the lifts though, you are strong as fuck.
    No..powerlifting has become a joke..due to several reasons...i don't like to criticize anyone or anything..i mean..come on they're training squats..my 3 second pause squat with 510lbs. was at parallel..RDC as well as many others believed in pausing at parallel..i don't see what the big deal is..i simply posted my video's here to share..nothing more than that..i don't want a pat on the back or praise from anyone..atleast i'm challenging my self with heavy weights and not sitting around on a internet forum criticizing every video that some person posts..i came her to post video's and to contribute to the forum by helping others the best i can, unfortanately i don't have a ton of time to spend on the internet, but do try to get on when i can..i'm not the one who needs growing up..but, thank you for the compliment..i hope all is well.

Wannabebig Member
    [QUOTE=FearFactory;2547147]How can you count lifts that you got redlighted on?????

I didn't count them..i just said that i completed the lifts..sometimes easy..so it was a legitimate lift redlighted because of some ridiculous things like standing up fully lockout..no hitching..and then when i got the down signal i put it down under control..but to fast..it was almost like they expected a negative with my near max dl..and on the squat locking out then taking a step befor the rack signal..USAPL had some crazy strict judging..but the 590lbs.squat @ 165lbs. was buried well below parallel..i used minimum gear and still found it very difficult to move in..lifters must train in it alot to get use to it...the 640lb. deadlift @ 165lbs. attempt was pulled within inches of lockout..i have nothing to say about that..i missed it..simple as that..i'm not complaining..it's done and over with..i mentioned these lifts only because someone called me out on them..i wanted to be detailed in my description..lying about lifts i've done in training and competition is just not me..not my style.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FearFactory View Post
    How can you count lifts that you got redlighted on?????

Also, you are really misguided on powerlifters in general. Most of them are actually very lean.
    And yes, i know many powerlifters are very lean..like when i competed in powerlifting..i was always the tallest in my class..i'm about 5'9''- 5'10''...and was 165lbs...Tom Martin is very lean among many others..it wasn't a jab at anyone..just a few times i had a # of ignorant powerlifters that told me that one pretty much had to be rather bulky or even heavy for their class to be competitive...these same guys have trouble walking up flights of stairs..i rather be skinny than be in that condition.Again it wasn't a personal jab at powerlifters..have a good day.

Inasmuch as I may disagree with you on some things, I have to say, I tremendously respect the fact that you're keeping your cool.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Wannabebig Member
    So you shared the videos for the purpose of a cultural crusade and to expose our community to your unique form of training?

Your response still didn't answer why you lose all your tightness when you unrack the bar and then bounce all around until you get in position to squat.

If you are offended by the word douchey, I'll amend that to goofy videos. It is interesting you have decided the powerlifts have little importance to you and you have assigned some arbitrary measures for your own strength. I guess that shows you are more evolved with the rest of us. I would just like to see a real squat or real deadlift video where we don't have to be uncertain of the actual weight.

Also, since you are an MMA fighter do you have any sort of record or do you just trane UFC?
    ''Train'' MMA..and also train some mma fighters..i started way before it was ''cool'' to be a mma fighter..and was mainstream...i'm not offended by any of your words..but, obviously these video's bother you in some way because..like a child you continue to attempt talkdown to me
    like my lifts are inferior just because i have a unorthodox style..if your style, form, strength/power is so superiorto mine than where is your video's..have you ever competed in A LEGITIMATE ORG/FED..have you ever attempted any american, national or world records..i supplied my detailed [short] competition history..the meets i was in had ''actual weight''...and my training weights are the exact amounts note..you can even contact Greg Jones..the man that was coaching me at these meets..my deadlift and squat..i really think that you should start doing pause squats...at parallel..work up to your max..post it and then..we will see how much you can handle at JUST PARALLEL...i know a parallel 3 sec pause squat with nearly 3x bodyweight raw no belt is pretty pathetic..i'm working on getting STRONG...lol...oh and i train the deadlift here and there..due to the toll it takes on my entire along with all the other lifts..but if i decided to get focused on the dl..and wanted to test it at a meet..i could get my numbers back up to in order to max on that to...i know i'm probably stupid..becuse of something else to..lol..oh well.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Inasmuch as I may disagree with you on some things, I have to say, I tremendously respect the fact that you're keeping your cool.
    I have thick skin..the things i've been through..throughout my life..i'm immune to almost anything..i do understand that some of the people here were trying to give me constructive criticism..while others were being flat out ignorant..yes..i've only been traiuning heavy off and on for about 8 years now..and do realize yhere are people here whohave been training alot longer..and do appreciate their concern..like Travis he got his point across without being a prick..and i appreciate that...Alex, i hope all is well with you, thanks.
    Last edited by Matteo Paolo; 03-13-2012 at 02:13 PM.

''Train'' MMA..and also train some mma fighters..i started way before it was ''cool'' to be a mma fighter..and was mainstream...i'm not offended by any of your words..but, obviously these video's bother you in some way because..like a child you continue to attempt talkdown to me
    like my lifts are inferior just because i have a unorthodox style..if your style, form, strength/power is so superiorto mine than where is your video's..have you ever competed in A LEGITIMATE ORG/FED..have you ever attempted any american, national or world records..i supplied my detailed [short] competition history..the meets i was in had ''actual weight''...and my training weights are the exact amounts note..you can even contact Greg Jones..the man that was coaching me at these meets..my deadlift and squat..i really think that you should start doing pause squats...at parallel..work up to your max..post it and then..we will see how much you can handle at JUST PARALLEL...i know a parallel 3 sec pause squat with nearly 3x bodyweight raw no belt is pretty pathetic..i'm working on getting STRONG...lol...oh and i train the deadlift here and there..due to the toll it takes on my entire along with all the other lifts..but if i decided to get focused on the dl..and wanted to test it at a meet..i could get my numbers back up to in order to max on that to...i know i'm probably stupid..becuse of something else to..lol..oh well.
    No, it is trane UFC. It's a joke and went over your head like most. I am getting bored reading all these rants. Could you just put your lifts up without a 40 word explanation?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Some of your squat videos, etc are strong. But some are just silly and asking for injury. What is the point of this?

Video
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

And again, that would be fucking stupid to do with a bar or 500 lbs. Strength has nothing to do with this discussion and I have not one time insulted you as such. BTW, here is the squat I am most proud of. Not my personal best, but flame away.

Video

Believe my bodyweight was 227. I am 6' 1" for reference.

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member
    No, it is trane UFC. It's a joke and went over your head like most. I am getting bored reading all these rants. Could you just put your lifts up without a 40 word explanation?
    Yeah..i got the joke..believe it or not i've been asked that question before..a few times..lol.
    Last edited by Matteo Paolo; 03-13-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    [QUOTE=joey54;2547279]And again, that would be fucking stupid to do with a bar or 500 lbs. Strength has nothing to do with this discussion and I have not one time insulted you as such. BTW, here is the squat I am most proud of. Not my personal best, but flame away.

Video

No flame from me..that's not my style..just a compliment on your squat...nice explosive raw squat...great depth....i squat that low when i go close/narrow with my squats..IMO probably the best style of squatting for overall strength/power and muscle gain.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Some of your squat videos, etc are strong. But some are just silly and asking for injury. What is the point of this?

Video

It's what the title reads..a cheat curl..the lower back remains locked straight or slightly arched throughout the movement..believe it or not but i got better results in strength and muscle from doing these oppose to strict curls..but like the other lifts..i only do these once in a while.

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive